Cat anxiety reducer

hi guys. With the mother of all entrance exams just around the corner, the anxiety levels are bound to increase. I intend to start this thread so that each one us can share his problem and others can provide him wiht a solution or provide mo…

hi guys.
With the mother of all entrance exams just around the corner, the anxiety levels are bound to increase.
I intend to start this thread so that each one us can share his problem and others can provide him wiht a solution or provide moral support during this period.

i hope the moderators won't close this thread.

the format would be as follows

When is your cat exam slot??
Why are you nevervous?
Have you taken the exam before?
how have you been faring in the mocks?
is the peer pressure giving you nightmares?

HI moderators.]
plz close this thread. it seems nobody is anxcious about the CAT.

That's good to know

El. Oh. El.

Nobody is active on this thread,

boy am I an anxious or what... I have attempted CAT before, that was last year got 77.20 tile, which is awful, my mock performance has been dismal as well http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/65989-mock-scores-repository-2011-a-26.html#post2773201

don't know why but boss FATT rahi hai...

cat slot on 8th nov

boy am I an anxious or what... I have attempted CAT before, that was last year got 77.20 tile, which is awful, my mock performance has been dismal as well http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/65989-mock-scores-repository-2011-a-26.html#post2773201

cat slot on 8th nov

Yaar Mr.Fit.. main apko ek bar pehle bhi kisi aimcat thread pe boli thi Dont let the mock scores bother you so much.
Ab tak toh pattern bhi clear ni hai..
TIME ne itne experiments kiye hain ki scores are bound to fluctuate
weak aur strong areas toh ab tak identify kar hi liye honge
So jus keep ur calm and attempt as many questions as you can(correct ofcourse).Dont attempt the mocks with a preconceived notion that maine toh aj phodna hai paper.Jus attempt the questions according to your comfort level.And STOP speculating what might happen and what not.Have faith in yourself and your prep.Afterall CAT is jus another exam.
U'll do amazingly well.Chill maro ab

(ps.s zyada bol diya lag ra hai)
Yaar Mr.Fit.. main apko ek bar pehle bhi kisi aimcat thread pe boli thi Dont let the mock scores bother you so much.
Ab tak toh pattern bhi clear ni hai..
TIME ne itne experiments kiye hain ki scores are bound to fluctuate
weak aur strong areas toh ab tak identify kar hi liye honge
So jus keep ur calm and attempt as many questions as you can(correct ofcourse).Dont attempt the mocks with a preconceived notion that maine toh aj phodna hai paper.Jus attempt the questions according to your comfort level.And STOP speculating what might happen and what not.Have faith in yourself and your prep.Afterall CAT is jus another exam.
U'll do amazingly well.Chill maro ab

(ps.s zyada bol diya lag ra hai)

Thanks a lot yaar, aur what can I study? I am weak at DI basically and some sections of math. So I have been studying DI from Trishna TIME waali book. Plus, I attempt proc mocks as well, anything else I can do?
MrFit Says
Thanks a lot yaar, aur what can I study? I am weak at DI basically and some sections of math. So I have been studying DI from Trishna TIME waali book. Plus, I attempt proc mocks as well, anything else I can do?

I dnt think if it would be of any help to you because i also belong to the same category as yours but What i suggest is go through the sectional tests (time wale)
for DI
It will cover maximum part of DI
Once you get to know where you are facing trouble(calculation,approximation,understandingetc ) it will become easy for you to work on it.
And for maths i dnt think you need to know all the todu category sums.so work on basics and solve sectional tests and analyse all the mocks you have attempted till date.If accuracy is playing the spoil sport then work on it.
Also you can solve past cat papers.
You will get a fair idea of the level of questions.

Those who have given cat earlier..how was your experience on C-day..please hum cat newbiee ki help kar doo::..

cat slot on 8th nov

8 nov morning or aftnun ? mine is also on 8
hi5blast Says
Those who have given cat earlier..how was your experience on C-day..please hum cat newbiee ki help kar doo::..

well maine toh CAT 2009 diya tha aur aisa lag ra tha ki kuwa khod ke wahin doob maru...
Maine itna tension liya tha aur xam bahot hi easy nikla..
high funde marne ke chakkar mein basic level questions ne tough time de diya
In short CAT is an overhyped concept (unnecessary bhav milta hai is exam ko)
You should keep your calm and enjoy the test.(And nowhere did i say that you dnt need to work hard..).work hard and you will get your share of success for sure
mayurdhingra Says
8 nov morning or aftnun ? mine is also on 8

Evening, yours? which city you taking it in?
hi5blast Says

They make you wait for hours and its not a very pleasant experience waiting 1.5 hours for cat. Plus, be sure that you use the washroom and drink water before your test tutorial starts, coz after that they don't care if you gotta pee or what... you gotta sit there and do the paper.

test mai darna mat, thiik hoga
MrFit Says
Evening, yours? which city you taking it in?

mine is also aftnun slot at kolkata. u takin CAT in mumbai?

bhai logon deep breathing karo...

atleast thodi tension toh khatam hogeee

mayurdhingra Says
mine is also aftnun slot at kolkata. u takin CAT in mumbai?

Yes,:

my cat exam slot is on 30th oct...
i am nervous because my aimcat percentiles are very fluctuating....its always between 78 to 94 percentiles
Any suggestions from senior puys??
i m just trying to be calm these days
And All the best to all the other puys here :thumbsup:

omg . omg. finally some activity of the thread started by me

guys. just keep your views pouring in. :D

Let's help each other to get over the cat anxiety

I have a morning slot on the 16/11/2011 in Mumbai.

Last cat score 2010 - 90.xx
quants 95.xx
di - 75.xx :banghead:

va/rc - 75.xx :banghead:

Puys my test is on 3rd Nov at Navi Mumbai noon slot.....I know all the puys wud be nervous now...we all must be getting goose bumps....i wud suggest to just relax mentally...do not get pessimistic even if your prep is not upto the mark which u were expecting......Don't loose your cool..Just focus on whatever u have prepared.....The day before D-DAY do watch a movie like Chak De or Lakshya (Basically some motivational movie)..Trust me this will help a lot....All the best to everyone..:cheerio::cheerio:

CAT 08 - OA - 87.10%ile
CAT 09 - OA - 92.07%ile (Converts - IMT-N)
Cleared CFA International Level 1 - Dec, 2010

Puys my test is on 3rd Nov at Navi Mumbai noon slot.....I know all the puys wud be nervous now...we all must be getting goose bumps....i wud suggest to just relax mentally...do not get pessimistic even if your prep is not upto the mark which u were expecting......Don't loose your cool..Just focus on whatever u have prepared.....The day before D-DAY do watch a movie like Chak De or Lakshya (Basically some motivational movie)..Trust me this will help a lot....All the best to everyone..:cheerio::cheerio:

CAT 08 - OA - 87.10%ile
CAT 09 - OA - 92.07%ile (Converts - IMT-N)
Cleared CFA International Level 1 - Dec, 2010

Yeah, watch THE MATRIX by keanu reeves. the most inspiring movie of all time.

I am the one.