CAT & GMAT takers 2013

Hi Puys, I am creating this group for those who plan to take both CAT and GMAT in 2013. Lets share our ideas on how to prepare simultaneously for both exams. Would you take CAT before GMAT or GMAT before CAT ? Preparation material / Co…

Hi Puys,

I am creating this group for those who plan to take both CAT and GMAT in 2013. Lets share our ideas on how to prepare simultaneously for both exams.

Would you take CAT before GMAT or GMAT before CAT ?
Preparation material / Coaching classes ?
Advantage of Joining classroom course over correspondance ?

Lets Start pouring in !

Regards.

Last years thread

http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/cat-and-related-bschools/cat-and-gmat-takers-2012-t-80486/p-3388799?page=4

Hi,

Thanx. I have seen the last years thread. Created this one so that it might help some guys to network or form study groups.

For a start, I am having three years of experience and would be taking both CAT and GMAT for the first time. I am planning to use TIME study material for CAT and OG 13 and Manhattan strategy guides for GMAT preparation

@jack_baur said:

Hi,

Thanx. I have seen the last years thread. Created this one so that it might help some guys to network or form study groups.

For a start, I am having three years of experience and would be taking both CAT and GMAT for the first time. I am planning to use TIME study material for CAT and OG 13 and Manhattan strategy guides for GMAT preparation

Add powerscore bible for cr..and dont forget to do gmac mocks given by them

Thanx ! will add that to my list. Is 3-4 months time enough for GMAT preparation ( for a working professional) ?

@jack_baur said:
Thanx ! will add that to my list. Is 3-4 months time enough for GMAT preparation ( for a working professional) ?

cant say it actually depends on you , how much time you devote on studies and were are weak areas so i cant answer your questions..just plan your studies ..work more on VA ..
Hi All,
I am planning for MBA.
I am 5 years expirienced in IT.
As per me I want to go for MBA in india and an executive MBA.
I dont have time to prepare for both CAT and GMAT. So, I am confused for which exam I should go for CAT or GMAT.
I know CAT is better option for MBA in india, but GMAT score is valid for 5 years (and colleges accept 2 years score in india)
Can some one please clear my confusion.

hey everyone. i am a 3rd year student. i am aspiring for mba from a good b school but my 12th class result (68 % ) and college cgpa is i.e 5.50 to 6.50 ...and what i heard from people is that academic results matter a lot while admission in good b school. is it true? should i give up on CAT then? or there are chances that i score a good percentile n get into a good b school?

@vishal.das Hi vishal,
I want to join CAT coaching-TIME but want to give GMAT too.Will joining TIMe for CAT helps in gMAT too or i need to join separate coaching for GMAT.please reply
@riya1163 said:
hey everyone. i am a 3rd year student. i am aspiring for mba from a good b school but my 12th class result (68 % ) and college cgpa is i.e 5.50 to 6.50 ...and what i heard from people is that academic results matter a lot while admission in good b school. is it true? should i give up on CAT then? or there are chances that i score a good percentile n get into a good b school?
@riya1163 - Acads are given too much importance by only a few top b-schools whereas there are still many Top B-schools left which give more weightage to a good CAT score. So, give your best shot at CAT first. A good score in CAT can manage your not-so-good Acads.

Hi All,

I am planning to give GMAT after my cat exam gets over.I have following questions in my mind that i want to ask from u all
1.I am planning to give GMAT exam around March-April,whether 2-3 months of preparation is enough to get a good score.
2.Best b-schools in India that accepts GMAT score for admissions(Apart from ISB...())
3.Sentence Correction is my week part,How should I prepare for this section.
4.I have already joined coaching for Cat is there any need to join any coaching institute for GMAT.
@jack_baur yeah dat wud be good even i am following TIMe and kaplan og books.Will it be fine to join TIME dat will help in gmat prep too.
@samarthdargan SC bible Manhattan..n a lot practise
@PallavSingh said:
@vishal.das Hi vishal,I want to join CAT coaching-TIME but want to give GMAT too.Will joining TIMe for CAT helps in gMAT too or i need to join separate coaching for GMAT.please reply

CAT and GMAT are different exams with different level of questions, TIME is good institute for CAT go ahead and join and also join good gmat institute separetely . but make sure there is a gap between the both exams.
@vishal.das Level is different yes,but Is there need to join separate coaching for GMAT.i mean im a working proff cant take out that much time to join 2 coaching.
@PallavSingh said:
@vishal.das Level is different yes,but Is there need to join separate coaching for GMAT.i mean im a working proff cant take out that much time to join 2 coaching.
It depends on you personally, if you are have strong command in VA, then it wont be a problem. but i personally say go for coaching so that u can come to know about the exam , or solve mocks
@samarthdargan Even i m planning to write GMAT in Mar-Apr and CAT too in Nov.Will it suffice to join CAT coaching as level is different for exams but verbal n apti is same(Gmat verbal is damn good :P).Joining one for cAT is enuf isnt it?
FOR SC first go thru OG then kaplan800..princeton is very basic.
@vishal.das yeah Verbal is good,i mean i dont feel panic when i solve for verbal solved thru gmat OG Sc and CR.
@PallavSingh said:
@vishal.das yeah Verbal is good,i mean i dont feel panic when i solve for verbal solved thru gmat OG Sc and CR.

try also practising from kaplan , manhattan mocks even they r good.