CAT 2020 - For the GEM

Wondering how to crack CAT 2020 if you are a GEM? Have heard a lot about how it is grossly unfair to GEMs? You are at the right place then 😄 

You couldn't live with your own failure. Where did that bring to you? Back to us.

Well this is interesting...

my academic profile is-

10/12/b.tech- 9.6cgpa/87.45/8.8

what percentile in cat could fetch me a call from BLACKI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6AeOasHEgo

High scoring is the key for GEM candidates.

Sharing some tips from my end. 

Target 200, not 150: Your thinking matters. If you target 200, then You will strive harder in mocks to attain that 5% extra accuracy and look for those 3 extra questions to hunt. You will try to utilize the last 5 minutes (the rush minutes) better etc. You will try to leave questions fast! All this matters. Set up mission 200.

2. Study between mocks. There are some students who follow rare examples of someone getting a top percentile after taking one mock every day etc. But there is a problem. 1 mock per day in the last 2 months is good only for those who are sitting pretty at 180 to 200. Even for them, my opinion is that it should not be 1 per day. You should get time to improve from one mock to the other. Otherwise you loose mock sincerity and CAT might become just another not sincere mock. 

Study and learn between mocks so that you get time to revise concepts that you got trapped in. Do a complete paper analysis and write down your mistake patterns. Keep a gap of atleast a couple of days beforing going to the next mock. 

So, seek improvement in score from one mock to the other.

3. Talk to a mentor: Be it working in an organization, looking for a start up funding or be it preparing for CAT; there should be someone in your life with you can discuss your prep once in a month types. Just 15 minutes will do. Find someone experienced who can mentor you . This helps settle your nerves. Find someone who can understand you. 

10th 95.2

12th 79.6

btech metallurgy

general category

no work exp

please let know how much percentile will be needed in cat for getting calls from iims?

Mr RR, is expecting the # of test takers to drop by ~10%? (He didn't even provide any reasoning for it)

From what I see is that the # of test takers will actually increase given the current market sitautions and increase in unemployment rates.

Also, From what I can remember all his predictions have been far off from realities. 

Lessons of pessimistic marketing with RR

Rude and negative person,is the pot calling the kettle black? I still remember your post about "Aukat" of some aspirants here the last time someone questioned your methods. First of all please define aptitude,you make feel like something that's so innate and natural that it can't be worked upon,it can't be improved and no one should set a high target for him/herself because you won't acheive it anyway. But there's a catch, there's a shortcut to success and that is Our dear RR sirs CAT mentoring program which focusses on achieving what you can't on your own, because your aptitude is low to even understand the methodologies you have. You're simply using surrogate marketing to make aspirants (read bakras) feel pessimistic about what they can and cannot do,just to make them slide into your DMs and then you can bug them to join your Mentoring program and then sell your 10-15k mentoring program which apparently does nothing for them and I am still not mentioning the constant bugging my friends on PG have got from you, you're persistent (how ironic) too(don't rush,stay a little longer I have testimonies too) If you want to know why does it matter to me,I have a simple explanation "Bystanders are equally responsible for the crimes of criminal because they didn't stop it from happening" A friend of mine who got into your mentoring program last year told me about your phone interviews (that's right,they are the new norm) I am not questioning your experience or expertise in B-school Tests or PIs,no doubt you might have some aced up your sleeve but all that fades away because you don't pay attention to what your students actually want from you(I know 5 people from your group of 47 aspirants) and everyone has told me that you don't pay attention to what they even say at times! An example Sir:-So what are your long term goals? Asp:-Sir I want to open a school and then says 3-4 lines at random just to check if you even listen Sir:-Okay tell me why you want to join this B-school? I am not lying and obviously I can't call that person out right now but he's,even better, they've told me they'll call you out once they get an admit from a B-school on what was the worth of your course actually! That's all I wanted to say,thanks for reading and I know it won't stop you from doing what you do but atleast the guilt of being a bystander doesn't haunt me anymore

I want to buy TIME or IMS test series 2020. Anyone who wants to sell TIME or IMS test series 2020? Please inbox. 

Can anyone suggest me the test series i should opt for CAT 2020? I was thinking about CL and TIME, if any other test series is better than these two then please suggest me? Awaiting responses

My 2 cents https://honestdesimba.blogspot.com/2020/05/what-mba-at-tier-2-indian-bschool.html

*NO SPAM*  Discount magazine offer****Rs 500 for whole year********* - OUTLOOK INDIA MAGAZINE

LIMITED LOCKDOWN OFFER

Hope you all aspirants are doing good and safe.

In this hard times we are coming across many fake news and many time we don't know that if news we are circulating is fake or real.

I did one such mistake in my MBA interview where i talked about some financial topic for 5 minutes and at last interviewer told its fake news, i lost a great opportunity doing such silly mistakes, guys please focus on current affairs as well because you know journey after clearing exams is more tough than exam, u need to convince the humans in interview that very tough task

Prepare for current affairs from now onward only , follow GENUINE sources so that u get the verified right information and quality new. Attaching some links, go for purchase for at least a monthly manual from these sources , small amount of money as less as 500 for a year can be very fruitful in interviews and growth

Outlook India , very genuine platform, you can try monthly subscription at very low cost as discounts due to lock-down

https://subscription.outlookindia.com/newoffer/kj.html?vouchercode=BANG107577 

NMIMS Mumbai Recent Update

Check here --> https://youtu.be/Wy5e5MbrUBE

Hey guys, I am a recent MBA graduate from XLRI Jamshedpur (18-20 batch) with specilisation in Finance and Marketing. The lockdown has given me ample time to reflect on my MBA journey. I still remember how PG as a platform gave me the opportunity to connect with fellow aspirants in doubt clearing and collaborating. We used to post our mock scores and wanted to better each other but most importantly better our previous scores everytime. That competitiveness helped all of us to get into reputed BSchools and attain the goal. I am sure this group is also doing the same. As I see you fellow aspirants preparing diligently and working hard, it makes me happy and reminds me of my journey too. 

I would like to share some of my knowledge (tips and tricks for preparing for the exams) and also my MBA experience alongwith other experiences throughout the journey (about the failures mostly and how not to give up)

I am doing this out of goodwill (so there is no fee or anything). 

If you are a sincere candidate and want wisdom for free, do contact me. I dont think every one would need it, but some might need it. Hence, this is for those wise folks.

Contact me on my mail id. Drop a mail. 

[email protected]

Which of the following test series is best for CAT 2020 and other B school exams? 

• TIME (AIMCAT)
  • IMS (SIMCAT)
  • CL MOCKS

0 voters

Hi Guys,

I am doing a free live session on DILR : How to approach and select Sets and How to tackle intermediate level Sets. It will be a two hour session with a break of half an hour. (19th May : 6.30pm-7.30pm & 8pm-9pm). 

This is mainly because a lot of aspirants have been asking me to conduct DILR sessions. So I thought of trying to assauge some of your fears regarding this section.

The link to the first session is : https://unacademy.com/class/data-interpretation-how-to-approach-and-select-sets/12CYVDY4

The link to the second session is : https://unacademy.com/class/data-interpretation-how-to-solve-intermediate-level-sets/4U6FIDY3

Please feel free to join,solve some sets(hands on), and get some of your doubts clarified.