CAT 2013 (Tuesday, 29th October 2013 - Day 11) Exam

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :CAT Center, Date and Slot:1) How many attempts you have made?2) Your last mock score?If you are there at repository thread, ple…

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made?

2) Your last mock score?

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?

4) What was the surprise element for you?

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.

Any post on this thread, not following the format OR any post trying to mislead will be deleted.

Important :-While discussing, please follow the Disclaimers Regarding conduct of CAT strictly. Anyone found violating will be summarily banned and in case of any enquirypagalguy.com will cooperate with the investigating authorities. Also, if you want to ask any query to any of the users who has taken the test, please PM him/her. Let this thread be only for the experiences of the people who are taking CAT .If someone feels that something needs to be added, you can edit your original post. Also, please avoid making long quotes while posting. Request all the MadCapz, the Oldies and all Puys to help the moderators as much as possible in the coming days to maintain the sanctity of discussions. Feel free to report any case of misleading people. Please make sure that multiple threads are not created, meaningless posts are at minimum and we help out as many users as possible.

Cheers! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ»

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Slot I in dwarka, Delhi

1) How many attempts you have made? 24(Sec 1) + 18(Sec-2) = 42

2) Your last mock score? AIMCAT 1401 -- 82 score (I think it was my best score in AIMCAT this season) :-P

3) How was your experience of the test? It was good, even though ACs were fitted, they were kept off. and I literally had to dig my head into the PC, coz 2 of the invigilators were too hot, they cud have spoiled CAT for any top guy.

4) What was the surprise element for you? 1 LR Caselet was not solvable, seems like an error in the question or maybe i was not able to interpret it.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc. - I felt it was of same level as AIMCATs

7) Any other query or something you would like to share. Pls PM me if anyone else also faced the prob in solving that "blood line with 5 ppl" caselet in LR.

Gave my test in the first slot today at Prometric Test Centre, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad.

Attempted 25 in Section I, 30 in Section II, overall 55.

Quant was somewhere between the easy-moderate level, almost all were solvable. I left a few questions in Geometry because I am not very good at it. DI was quite smooth with no calculation intensive questions except one.

Coming to Section II, the biggest surprise was the Logical Reasoning sections. All three caselets were quite simple. The intimidating part of the section was the RCs. Man! They were really on the tougher AIMCAT level, all of them philosophical ones.

ο»ΏMy thoughts on it - I think they made Quant easier, Verbal tougher because they wanted to a give chance to non-engineers. If this is how every slot is going to be, expect an unprecedented increase in the influx of non-engineers to IIMs this year.

The test centre was very cool, the staff were extremely professional and friendly. The A/C was a bit too much, I needed to pee in the middle of the section I. πŸ˜›

CAT Center, Date and Slot: DSPS Delhi, 29th oct 2013, 10:00 am

QA/DI : 21-22(1 answer i marked wrong after calculating the answer and suddenly section-I time over, gussa aa rha h khud pe tabse :banghead: 😞 ... baaki jo attempt kiye uski acceracy achi ho bus... 18-19 toh sahi hone chahiye)

VA/LR : 19(9 LR+ 2 PJ + 2 Paracompletion + 1 FIB + 1 SC + 4 RC, sure about LR it was easy, baakio ki accuracy 70 % honi chahiye)

2) Your last mock score?

AIMCAT 1401- 91 percentile, SIMCAT 10- 92 percentile

Prometric did a good job. But the room was very chilly, thank god i took a jacket with myself, otherwise, everything was smooth.

Was expecting Difficult quant , but i think this was easier as compared to previous slots.

Section I was of moderate level and Section 2 was difficult according to me.

Use washroom before exam starts, don't be nervous. I was very nervous though. πŸ˜›

Section I was of moderate level and Section 2 was difficult according to me.

Again geometry and function dominated section I. Else very similar to SIMCAT level.

Nothing, just wanted to say ALL the BEST. Attempt only those questions of which you are sure. A 50% correct answer is 50% incorrect as well. So, attempt wisely πŸ˜ƒ

1) How many attempts you have made? Section 1: 22-23(100% sure of 15-16, 80% sure of 3-4 (took calculated guess between 2 options). Section Sec - 22 ( left 1 LR caselet after a guelling struggle of 7-8 mins 😞 (verbals easy)
2) Your last mock score? 98.__(IMS SIMCAT 10)/ 99.34%ile in Byju Mock 13 (not a good measure of preparation level)

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here: Sorry, not active

3) How was your experience of the test? Smoothly conducted by the Prometric guys

4) What was the surprise element for you? 4 set-venn diagram with only 1 question to follow :-/,
2 super easy DI caselets (though calculation till second decimal was required in one of the qns). No word usage question. No question from log/trigonometry/function after all that noise created

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? No one's reading this anyway

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc. Easy-Moderate. Time consuming LR- proper selection of RC/LR caselets (order of solving is critical in Section 2)

7) Any other query or something you would like to share:
Don't pay heed to the cacophony created about this year's CAT being the toughest ever or the questions getting discussed on forums. The exam is still a test of your basic analytical skills and more importantly a test of your endurance level!
Kindly refrain from asking me to compare with TIME/IMS/CL/Byju mocks and i am not agood judge of the same. All i can say is that the institutes have a lot of catching up do if they really want to make a CAT-like paper.
All the best to you guys scheduled to take the exam in the coming days

CAT Center, Date and Slot:Image Array, 29th oct 2013, 10:00 am

1) How many attempts you have made?QA/DI :attempted 14 (100 percent accuracy)

VA/LR : 19 (around 90 percent accuracy)

2) Your last mock score?

AIMCAT 1404- 95.71 percentile

It was a nice experience. Could have attempted more in I.

Quant difficult. Bakhi Sab MastπŸ˜ƒ

Read the tutorial . :)

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Sec I-Diffucult

Sec II- Moderate

Bas keep your cool.. Bakhi Sab khud ke Dam par. 😁

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made?22 QA 22 VA 22 oa -44

2) Your last mock score?Cat 2012:95.54

cl prock mocks ranged from 90-97, aimcats 89-98

3) How was your experience of the test?it was really smooth.Though i slept only for 4 hours at night,i wasn't jaded.Prometric has done a good job

4) What was the surprise element for you?Tough Rcs..could be compared to the Rcs of aimcat.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.- Quant was smooth.4 sitters atleast.Di -2 sets were doable.3rd set was a bit difficult,so left it.Lrs were easy.all 3 doable.Though i could not do 1 lr set at the beginning of section 2 but was able to solve it in the last 5 minutes.quant covered all the topics.Checked all the questions twice.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.- Just believe in yourself.

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Idreamz Solutions,Bangalore 29th oct 2013, 10:00 am

1) How many attempts you have made?QA/DI : 23-24(1 answer wrong came to know after the exam anyhow i feel 90% accuracy is maintained)

VA/LR : 19(8/9 LR+ 2 PJ + 2 FIB + 2 SC + 4 RC + 1 word usage, sure about LR it was easy, expecting 80% accuracy in verbal part)

2) Your last mock score?

Have not given any mock seriously(of-course i have written just 1 or 2 mocks)

This center is liberal(we can come until 9.15 ) but the test environment is good. We can give rating 3 out of 5 when compared to prometric center in hyderabad

Was expecting Difficult quant , but i think it was easier for those who practiced a lot.

Overall Quant- moderate,DI- easy, LR- easy, Grammar-moderate ,RC-difficult

5) Any other query or something you would like to share.Nothing, ALL the BEST. Attempt only those questions of which you are sure.

anone who want to discuss the answers of the slot1 can pm me...

I have doubt in 2-3 q

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Idreamz bangalore, 29-oct-2013, 10:00

1) How many attempts you have made? QA-23 VA-26

2) Your last mock score? 95 percentile in aimcat-2 and 92 percentile in aimcat-1

quant- 5 questions-difficult ; rest are easy/moderate. overall average level section.

verbal- LR-quite easy, 2 RC tough , 1 RC moderate; rest are moderate only

4) What was the surprise element for you? 1 DI was extremely difficult, real surprise was to see more number of easy questions than expected in quant:P

verbal was as expected.

NO new topic introduced , although a lot of topics were missing in quant section. Verbal was balanced and more like AIMCAT's only (AIMCAT 1-5).

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.feel free to ask any query maintaining CAT confidentiality agreement πŸ˜›

CAT Center, Date and Slot: 29th oct, mrng.... edutech lab, kankarbagh, patna

1) How many attempts you have made? 28 + 22 (slot easy tha... aajtak kisi mock mein 25 se jyada sahi nhi hua...)( 28 attempt max tha mera)

2) Your last mock score? 18th rank in simcat 10 (best 6), 120 rank in aimcat 1401 ( best 60, worst mat poochna) ( percentile to waise yaad nhi rahta)

3) How was your experience of the test? good... except the fact that someone was listening to SHABBIR KUMAR on loudspeaker (mujhe lagta tha ki aisa kaam sirf WASSEYPUR mein hota hai!!!)

and top of that.... flashback se 1 ladki aake bagal mein baith gayi thi... par exam shuru hone ke baad kya fark padta hai?

4) What was the surprise element for you? easy quant... DI not calculative...1 missing link type, 1 calculative but not too intense.... 1 venn diagram based ( jisne aise wale venn kiye honge , unhe easy laga hoga ... ye mat poochna kaise wale,bata nhi paunga,NDA)...

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? it's not bloody 90s, it's 21st century man!!!

sec 1: if u know basics well, u r through... 1 PnC ,easy.... 1 venn apart from DI wala venn... 1 quad , difficult but doable... 1 basic ques from NS which i marked wrong.... left 1 ques of graph and 1 from function (which was wrong IMO)....
sec 2 : 1 tough RC, really tough.. rest doable... 2 easy PJ,... 1 easy PC and 2 tough .... 2 vocab, easy, ..phrasal verb to waise bhi main nhi karta, so cant say .... 9 LR (easier than the easiest LR ,of any mock)

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.: no...

dude today's paper

either the set was so easy or cat lower's its standard
i don't know may be my set is so easy
quant , DI and LR has no lvl ( trust me no lvl compared to test funda icat )
and verbal normal .
confused
attempted paper 1 23-25 ( don't have time to see how many i left , not more than 3 wrong)
paper 2 over attempted 29 ( dude LR WAS SO EASY every scumbag can do it, so over attempted verbal😠 ) LR all right but don't know about verbal
expected percentile ?? plzz tell ( with normalization because paper was so easy)
πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

CAT Center: Taxila Business School, Jaipur , Date: 29/10/2013 and Slot: 10:00 a.m.

QADI: 29/30 ( 1 question pe 10 min lagaye still nahi hua 😠😠😠😠)
VALR: 24/30 ( not sure of 2-3 questions, gut feeling ke saath laga diye bcoz attempt kam ho rahe the and fatt gayi thi mg)

2) Your last mock score? 97%tile in Aimcat 1402 ( generally in between 93-98)

QA was easy, bas wahi ek question tha jisne maar li mg, rest questions were pretty easy
DI: all 3 DI were easy though ek DI ki language khatarnak thi, padh ke darr lag ja raha tha, bt was easy.

LR: 2 LR were easy; 1 was moderate
RC: tough tough.... all 3 RC were philosophical and questions asked were like what question will you ask from author( in all 3 RC) and Except which statement all statements were inferred from passage.
And very close options.

4) What was the surprise element for you? Easy QADI and comparatively tough VALR section

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? CPU se chedkhani na kare, swasth aur test ke liye hanikarak ho sakta hai

Have the papers started becoming easier, or are people just being more aggressive? If this trend continues, I hope normalization will come into the picture in a big way.

CAT Center, Date and Slot : Surya Group of Institutions, lko, 29 oct , morning

paper 1 26- 28

paper 2 28

2) Your last mock score?

98.xx last icat (testfunda)

easy set so dumb quant LR and DI

( verbal is normal)

dude easiest set ( normalization will kill every 1)

5) Any other query or something you would like to share.

dude if paper is too easy then don't do verbal too much ( i have over attempted 😠😠)

how normalization will abuse me plzz tell because u cant compare today's paper with other day according to my friends....

NORMALIZATION what the f***k is thatlookroundlookroundlookroundlookroundlookround

how many for 2mrws...?? any one please tell me route of M.C Saxena group of cllg Lucknow from alambhagh (bus station if m not wrong) or railway station??

i humbly appeal to all, guys please don't leak the questions. since the questions are getting repeated in various slots, a guys knowing a question beforehand obviously has an upper hand. By doing this u r ruining your chances and of many others too.

1) How many attempts you have made?-QA-around 18-19, VA-27

2) Your last mock score? 88-AIMCAT-01

3) How was your experience of the test?-Smooth no glitches whatsoever...

4) What was the surprise element for you?- VA seemed quite easy and LR had basically straightforward questions-what you'll call 'sitters'.

5) Any tips to handle the computer exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.- No new topics as such-difficulty level easy to moderate

CAT Center: kindle institute ,jaipur

, Date and Slot: 29 oct , 10.00am

1) How many attempts you have made? nearly abt 20-21 in quant and 26 in verbal

just this that a simple prob question is wrong and one di part was out of context ,i think πŸ˜›

LR was so easy ,rc little bit tough and para jumbled are confusing

no remainder type and trigno que

its very easy ,just do the question accurate

last cat score 95 percentile,,this time no of questions attempted are less but hope ,,verbal ke sai hone chiyee

just one thing what will be the apprx percentile if

quant-21(max 2 wrong)

verbal-26(lr all correct and dont know abt other part)

DO REPLY πŸ˜ƒ