CAT 2013 (Thursday, 7th November 2013 - Day 17) Exam Experiences

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :CAT Center, Date and Slot:1) How many attempts you have made?2) Your last mock score?If you are there at repository thread, ple…

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made?

2) Your last mock score?

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?

4) What was the surprise element for you?

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.

Any post on this thread, not following the format OR any post trying to mislead will be deleted.

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Era Business School, Delhi, 7th Nov, 10 AM

QA - 17 VA-19

2) Your last mock score? - 95 percentile, AIMCAT 1402

Writing with blunt pencil wasn't a good one 😛

Well, being in the last week, after hearing so many reviews, I was metally prepared for everything, so wasn't surprised.

Those who have given mocks before, u won't find anything. If u have given a mock on Testfunda, u won't find the difference in UI even...

I felt QA was tough, I had to pick my questions carefully... I am doubtful for one question. If someone got that Sum of Squares question, please message me, want to know something abt that.

LR was simple, VA, not being my strength, marked few from 2 RCs and parajumbles, paracompletion, etc

I felt one question to be wrong, I felt some data was missing, I was close to complete that... That could have made 18...

7) Any other query or something you would like to share. Be Careful. Now the doubt I have in QA is probably due to my carelessness only 😞

I hope I didn't made a blunder

ALL THE BEST to those who will be giving CAT on next 4 days !!!

Can anybody pls tell me, was CAT on 4th nov or not??

CAT Center, Date and Slot: DELHI- 7 nov morning

1) How many attempts you have made- Quant 15( with 13 correct ) VA 22 ( with 19 correct)

2) Your last mock score? 80 - Time

3) How was your experience of the test? Quant section was very tough

4) What was the surprise element for you? Less of geometry and unexpected questions from coordinate geometry and permutation combination.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Just dont expect anything

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL WHAT PERCENTILE I CAN EXPECT.

CAT Center , Date and Slot:Indo global,chandigarh, 10am

1) How many attempts you have made?QA-25,VA-21

2) What was your last mock score?-98 percentile, proc10.

3) How was your experience of the test? 1 rubber, sharpener, pencil for each unlike last time. Managed to take 2 pencils somehow.

4) What was the surprise element for you? A question in QA contains terms which I had never heard(in my 2yrs preparation with CL & TIME) like capacity utilisation. It was impossible to do this question without knowing this strange terminology .

5) Any tips to handle computer exam better? start test at time or else in last 2-3min. canditates will start making noise as they would have already finished the paper. this also includes starting section2 quickly.

6)Your analysis of the exam.

QA: did 25 found it of moderate level. The 3 questions on functions were tough (1very tough). but I did them all correctly. 2 DI were of moderately easy level. But 1 DI set was tough(only 1st question easy, had to leave the other2). 5 questions from geometry and coordinate geometry(1 easy 3medium 1 tough). The tough question was from TIME booklet and always thought that this specific question would NEVER come. I have a doubt in 1 quadratic equation question, although it was simple,i think that some condition were not mentioned and I was compelled to mark the best choice which was not the correct one.

VA: Attempted all 9 LR in 20 mins (cakewalk). Attempted 2RCs out of 3(did 7 out of 10 questions). One questions was of tone and some options did not have commonly asked tones. Attempted the single double fill up question (was simple). Did 2 PJs and 2 PCs. (out of the 7 paragraph type questions). Para completions were tough for me, but had no choice but to attempt.

7) Any query or something u would like to share.

In QA: please tell me the answer of equilateral triangle on equi triangle question and range of values of 'p' in the quadratic equation problem.

in VA: please tell me which tone do u think was correct in the RC about "GOD and Religion". Also tell me the answer of the Fill up.

1) How many attempts you have made? Sec I- 14 or 15 (I didn't have time to count) and Sec II- 19

2) Your last mock score?

SIMCAT 7 - 94.6

Smooth, except for the anxiety that killed the initial few minutes.

When I checked Pagalguy yesterday, someone had cited the repeated infamous ant question as the surprise element. And that was the first question for me in my slot. I was more shocked than surprised. If anyone had known the exact question (which, I didn't) , it would have hardly taken 2 sec to mark it.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?Take enough of mocks

QA was insanely tough. No qns from easy topics like log, t&w; etc. Questions that featured the least in the previous slots were present in my set. (P&C;, Prob, Sets etc. 2 of the 3 DI's were easy. VA was moderate. LR was a cakewalk. RCs were long

Don't lose your cool guys. That will boost your score definitely by at least 2 correct ans.

CAT Center, Date and Slot: VITAM, Visakhapatnam - 7th November - Morning

Quant & DI - 24

Verbal & LR- 27

2) Your last mock score? TIME - 94 percentile

Overall, it was a Moderate level question paper.

Surprised by the number of attempts I've made. rolleyes

Time is the key. Choose the correct questions and attempt in Quant.

Quant is lengthy and time consuming. There were quite a good number of questions on Algebra, Functions and Geometry. One or two questions from PPL, PnC and Numbers. The questions from Algebra were of the Difficult level.

DI Two of the sets were straight forward and very easy to easy level. A set on Venn diagram and another on Profits and revenues. One set was slightly difficult and was calculation intensive.

LR Similar to DI. Two of them were easy enough. One was tricky.

Verbal (Not my area) 2 RC's were moderate and 1 four question RC was abstract and difficult. Overall verbal consisted of para jumbles, correct sentences, paragraph completion and wrong usage of words

anyone please pm me the answer to the question of the quadratic equation in which range of p were to be found.

How much percentile can a raw score of 65-70 fetch, according to today's afternoon slot? Kindly reply, if u have any idea.

Chennai Puys can someone help me to guide my frnd from chrompet to DCE centre..... Urgent

Am I the only one who found verbal this time damn tough? Quant was quite easy, could reach question 27, not solving 1 di and 3-4 questions, but verbal was just crazy!!

Cat Centre : Hyderabad - Morning

My attempts are :

QA 15 (with 12 to 13 correct) and VA/DI 18 questions with 16 correct (hopefully). I did not attempt any RC questions for lack of confidence.

Can anyone please tell me what percentile I can expect?

Delhi School of Business, Afternoon Slot

I found quant section to be very tough ( how did you guys find it ? ). I could attempt only 12 questions with full accuracy

In the Verbal Section , I did 2 LR sets , 3 RC's. In all , I attempted 20 questions. The verbal section was weird and tough as well.

Overall, I found the exam to be much tougher than last year. I can expect a raw score between 70 and 80. No idea, how the normalization process works.

Can some one predict my percentile based on today's experience ?

U mean the evening slot..then i concur...to say that the paper was tough is an understatement..it was insane..tougher than the toughest aimcat (2nd part).. just hope that the normalization kicks in the 2nd section too and gives us some respite...till then got to keep on keepin on.. 😁

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Bharati vidyapith Pune 7Th nov 3.15pm

1) How many attempts you have made? QA14(1 wrong) VA 17

2) Your last mock score? 92.XX

3) How was your experience of the test? Quant was very very difficult but it is solvable with time consumption .

4) What was the surprise element for you? Nothing

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?Nothing

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.--Tough quant

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.-Guys don't be depressed .this slot was toughest ever in CAT2013.

Expecting good score with my luck..

CAT 2013
Nov 7th Morning Slot
HYDERABAD

Latest mocks : AIMCAT 1408 - 97.67%ile, Proc 4 - 98%ile

CAT 2013
attempts in QA- 26 (4 are wrong already as of now)
attempts in VA - 27 ( messed up this section, especially VA and RC's...many guesses)

Overall it was a moderate in QA and moderately tough in VA i felt (VA is not my stronghold)...

Any discussions regarding the questions and their answers are always welcome

PM memg

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Delhi School of Business, New Delhi.. Afternoon slot..

Sec I- 16 (Atmost 1 wrong), Sec II- 21 (Is there anything like accuracy in VA??)

2) Your last mock score? 98.15%ile (AIMCAT 1401)

3) How was your experience of the test? Smooth.. Exceptional centre.. If I appear next year, I'll make sure it is DSB again..

4) What was the surprise element for you? No surprise as such.. Lost track of time once in between due to a rather confusing LR set.. But it ended quite well, so no hard feelings for CAT..😁

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Ask the test centre staff to reduce the brightness of your computer screen or you may end up with a headache or watery eyes half way down the exam..

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc. Overall quant was moderate-tough.. Deliberately kept accuracy over attempt.. One DI set was straight out of TIME set B booklet.. Not more than 3-4 sitters.. And and and no points for guessing the first question!

Tricky VALR.. One which lures you to overattempts.. 3 sets of LR, all of distribution/arrangement (but not the usual distribution/arrangement.. It was 'CAT level').. 3 philosophical RCs.. Lengthy, confusing, but easy options..

7) Any other query or something you would like to share. Anyone who took the paper in the same slot and willing for a healthy discussion may PM! ATB for the results bhaiyo and beheno!mgmgmgmgmgmg

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :

CAT Center, Date and Slot: 7th november, evening slot

1) How many attempts you have made? :
QA 23/24 ( lowest in recent mocks) , VA 20 (I think)

2) Your last mock score? 99.2x AIMCAT 1401 . CAT 2012:98.84 %ile
Doesnt matter anyway no mock is close to this

3) How was your experience of the test? :mad:

4) What was the surprise element for you? Insane paper. Tough QA + insane VA :mad:

If u get a paper like mine u have my sympathies

Let me take u through the trauma

What the **** CAT was this My IIM dream is over. One of the trickiest papers I have encountered
My stupidity that I missed on 2 easy DI qns at the end. Which wil hurt me I guess. Mainly due to nervousness
QA 23/24 ( 1 fluke at the end mostly wrong). 1 very doubtful
It is one the lowest attempts in any mock that I generally have
Geometry-3
Algebra -3
PNC = 2
Arithematic-1
Log + sequences /series-1
Trignometry + functions-1
Log -1 Sequences series pe one of the toughest qns that I have evr seen
Rest dont remember
No TSD, Time work
1 DI had a wrong qn wasted time on it
No mock can come close to it. It was tougher than any mock I faced. Nothing conceptually out-earthly but very time consuming especially calculation part. Some options were very well framed. Those tricks abt putting n=1, n=2 in sequences series qn didnt work I guess CAT caught on to this trick

.VA 20
The most doomed VA section that I have ever taken. Gambled with less attempts
LR - 1 easy, 1 moderate (qns were which could be true types so took time), 1 was just insane (14 conditions were visible) and we had to scroll down to see the rest , Could solve only 2 sets 6/9.
One of the worst performances in LR. Pretty sure abt all though
RC -10 3-3-4 split all difficult and all answers seemed wrong. Attempted 2 from each
VA - PC :4 ( I suck at PC + were hell tough). All short in length look tantalisingly solvable but options were :banghead: All seemed wrong
PJ -2 Hell tough . Looked so easy but Na link mil raha tha na start sentence samajh aa raha tha. attempted both with god knows what accuracy
2 Phrasal Verbs : Simple words but have never came across such usages. Left both
1 Sentence correction: :happybirthday:
2 outta context waale : Both tough. Attempted both sure abt none
Overall : Happy birthday to me and my accuracy is not good so I am done

XAT and IIFT pls save me. This crazy variations in paper level are really not fair from IIM's side. And even in same slots people have gotten completely different papers.Make it paper based pls.

Like · · Unfollow Post · 5 minutes ago near Mumbai

evening slot quant attempted 12 correct 11 verbal 14 attempted 11-12 correct what would be my approximate percentile.A ny one pls provide some insight into this .I have reservation also