CAT 2013 (Saturday, 26th October 2013 - Day 9) Exam Experience

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :CAT Center, Date and Slot:1) How many attempts you have made?2) Your last mock score?If you are there at repository thread, ple…

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made?

2) Your last mock score?

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?

4) What was the surprise element for you?

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.

Any post on this thread, not following the format OR any post trying to mislead will be deleted.

Important :-While discussing, please follow the Disclaimers Regarding conduct of CAT strictly. Anyone found violating will be summarily banned and in case of any enquirypagalguy.com will cooperate with the investigating authorities. Also, if you want to ask any query to any of the users who has taken the test, please PM him/her. Let this thread be only for the experiences of the people who are taking CAT .If someone feels that something needs to be added, you can edit your original post. Also, please avoid making long quotes while posting. Request all the MadCapz, the Oldies and all Puys to help the moderators as much as possible in the coming days to maintain the sanctity of discussions. Feel free to report any case of misleading people. Please make sure that multiple threads are not created, meaningless posts are at minimum and we help out as many users as possible.

Cheers! πŸ˜ƒ

QA-DI Attempts

VA-LR Attempts

1) How many attempts you have made?23-24 + 24

2) Your last mock score?

mostly between 90-97

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here

NA.

good

4) What was the surprise element for you

Easy Section 1 - DI is very easy so 9/9 theremg

3/4 Geometry Moderate

1 Arith.

2 TSD &TW;

1 P&C;

1 Coordinate...Togh

1 H&D-; Seems tough to me

Section 2: Nice RC passge to read although option are very very close

LR All 3 Moderate set, but could done 7/9 , got the trick after submitting for rest 2:(😠😠😠

No Tips , everyone here gives mock

Section 1- Moderate

Section - 2 LR Moderate Verbal not the right person to comment

Overall Attempts

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Idreamz Koramangala Bangalore 26th Oct Sat 10.00 AM Slot

QA&DI; : 6( 1 not sure) ; VA&LR; : 9 ( 1 Wrong)

2) Your last mock score?

NA

Good.No Technical glitches.

Tough LR

Tutorial is enough

TSD : Circular,Linear

P&C;,Functions,Log,Geo 2D& 3D, Coordinate Geo,Numbers,Progressions,Equations

DI : Venn Diagram,Table Based ( Calculative intensive)

LR : 2 Easy, one with to match 5 variables wasted time on it.

Could not attempt RC and other VA as I wasted time on that LR 😟

Quant : Skim through the paper and solve the sitters,direct formula based questions and the ones which can solved using options. DIs will be easy for sure. Plz attempt them.I wasted on some unsolvable questions.So the repent only 6 attempts😟

Can someone tell how much percentile(Not So great attempts but even for my satisfaction) I can get approximately ?

Thanks

Trivandrum RIET

18 - S1; 25 - S2

2) Your last mock score?

90% aimcat

The QA-DI was much easier than i expected :-)

Must be an average difficulty paper overall.

The RC options were too confusing.

Skim through the paper to identify the sitters.

Must be an average difficulty paper overall.

Almost all topics covered.

What percentile will a score of 95 fetch?

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format : 26th October, 2013- SAIMS, Indore

1) How many attempts you have made? Section 1: 16 :::::: Section 2: 16

2) Your last mock score? Raw Score range AIMCATS: 50-70 marks

3) How was your experience of the test? It was smooth ! It took 15 minutes from the Campus entrance to the building ! SAIMS is too big !

4) What was the surprise element for you? Two surprises: 1st surprise, 3 questions were repeated & 2nd, Too big paragraphs in LR (another RC πŸ˜› ).

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? My computer table was doing "TIC-TACK" - "TIC-TACK" all the time. Ensure your table is quite stable.

QA- Easy to Moderate questions. Guys, do prepare the available "JUGAD" questions of previous sets of CAT 2013, if its possible. 2-3 questions, i suppose were of earlier sets in mine. 4-5 Geometry of LOD 2! Over all 5-6 questions were superb and tough.

DI- Best ever ! 2 Sets direct questions ! 1 set moderate !
VA- Extreme Tough. Too Close options ! 4 PJs this time !
LR- 1 Set easy ! 2 set very long with 1 extreme tough !

Approximately how much percentile should these much attempts show with 80-85% accuracy ? Anyone who wrote CAT 2day, if wants to contradict on some portion, PM me ! :/

centre nsp,delhi

attempts qa - 21 ; va- 20
last mock - aimcat 97
no problem with prometric / centre
found the paper to be really weird. solved just 2 rc sets... found one lr set to be tough (or maybe i had given up midway ) ... Anyways im not really positive about todays paper ad well, i could have screwed it up big time...

CAT Center, Date and Slot: AP Shah inst of technology, Thane Mumbai 26th Oct Sat 10.00 AM Slot

QA&DI; : 11( 90% accuracy) ; VA&LR; : 16 (

90% accuracy)

2) Your last mock score? NA

Good.No Technical glitches.

Lengthy Quant , 20-22 questions were doable but taking 2 much time

Tutorial is enough

DI : Venn Diagram,Table Based ( Calculative intensive) 2 Ok for 1 some analysis needed

LR : 1 attempted

VA: Moderate, almost all options are probable answers.

Quant : Skim through the paper and solve the sitters,direct formula based questions and the ones which can solved using options. DIs will be easy for sure. Plz attempt them.

If u think u cant solve one by reading info 2ice leave it and go for next, else u will regret later.

Can someone tell how much percentile I can expect approximately ?

Thanks n All the best for ones who scheduled exam on 27thmg

Posting this on behalf of my friend who took the CAT today.

CAT Center, Date and Slot: DEC, Chennai 26th OCT Morning Slot

1) How many attempts you have made? 22QA/DI and 23VA/LR

2) Your last mock score? 96%ile in AIMCAT 1401

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here. NA

The over all experience was smooth. Have to wait for 1 hr in the computer lab before the exam starts 😠.

The difficulty level of the paper was moderate. The current trend continued. So no surprises in this area.

Take the practice test given in the cat homepage and practice more mocks.

QA/DI -

4 from geometry(2 easy and 2 difficult), 3 from functions(2 easy and 1 difficult) and 3 from co-geometry(3 moderate). One DI was like LR (moderate level), one was calculation intensive 😠 hence i skipped and one was moderate.

VA/LR -

9LRs and they were easier than AIMCAT LRsπŸ˜ƒ. Verbal was moderate and high on vocabulary.
3 RCs with 10 qns overall. 1 easy and 2 difficult(like the ones available in AIMCATs)

7) Any other query or something you would like to share. NA

All the best πŸ˜ƒ

CAT Center, Date and Slot:EIILM Kolkata, 26 October 2013, 10AM

1) How many attempts you have made?QA-20-23(did not get time for counting), VA-23(Do not go by attempts..I am a lazy a** while attempting paper 48-50 easily achieveable)

2) Your last mock score?CL mock 10-95.87, AIMcat 1402-94.22

3) How was your experience of the test?It was raining like monsoon season in Kolkata..was totally drenched in water..Otherwise it was good..Prometric staff is very helpful

4) What was the surprise element for you? Paper was like a good mock(say cl proc 10 or aimcats 10-13), against all the insanity and blood bath mentioned about paper...QA is okay(u cannot expect to attempt all 30)..some questions are good..the main point is 80-90% question can be solved..Gods like @aksaur , @shubham07iitr would literally rape this paper...DI and LR were cake walk if you have practiced cat paper 2005-08 and mocks...VA was VA ( I am not able to distinguish whether it is tough or easy..it was typical cat VA easy to read and close options)..in short people with sufficient practice would be able to attempt 45-50 questions.

Abe ye sabko use karna aata hai

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc. Coordiante was lengthy..paracompletion was little vague.Rest is ok type ..questions from every topic are coming.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.Guys please repeat mocks especially quant..you will thank me after your exam..please dont have preconceptions regarding toughness ..this hyped toughness is only made by those who are habitual of attempting 55+(bade log with 99.9 percentile in mocks)..for aam junta it is only a good quality paper.

So that is all for the day..ATB for those who are going to appear in near future.

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Idreamz, Kormangla ,Bangalore 26th OCT ( Morning Slot1)

How many attempts you have made?

24 QA/DI 😁

29 VA/LR - Don't know if i screwed it up 😟😟

I am sure only of LR and PJs Answers .

RC's kab dhokha de de - koi bharosa ni ..rolleyesrolleyes

Would like to discuss the paper - anybody who gave today and want to discuss please PM me .

2) Your last mock score?

59%ile in CAT ka big BOss (Unproctored 21) -Yesterday's (lowest till date aur woh bhi CAT ke ek din phle )

83%ile AIMCAT 1405 (last aimcat given)

Average : 85-95 with highest being 98.3 .

The over all experience was smooth.I was fearing of if they give me window seat in the lab ( As somebody on PG had faced problem on 23rd with thak thak sound coming from window continuously due to construction going beside ) . But luckily i din get the window seat . Moreover , i didn hear the sound in the room at all . So , even if you get window seat don't worry !

Easy Quant/DI. Only 1 ques of Geometry .

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Nopes .

QA/DI -

This section was extremely easy in my slot mg. (5-6 sitters )1 Ques from Geometry (that also i didn't attempt after slogging so hard in Geometry for days - as it seemeed to be lengthy ), 1 from coordinate , 2-3 PnC , 1 percentage(easy) .

2 easy DI - one venn diagram , one LR type1 DI - I didn't get the time to work upon - don't know if it was easy/tough.

VA/LR -

9LRs - 2 sets : very simple . 3rd set was seemingly easy but had too many conditions . Luckily i was able to crack it in the last 5 mins by substituting the options given .

Verbal was easy ( I hope i am correct and i haven't been betrayed)

3 PJ , 1 FIB , 2 Word usages(same word surprisingly) , 3-4 PC , 1 odd sentence

Out of the 3 RCs with 10 qns overall. 1 easy , 1 moderate , 1 tough (Easy to read , had tone based/conclusion based questions )

a) Don't go with notion about the toughness of exam . Your slot might be an easy one.

b) In the second section , keep on writing on one sheet , the question that you skip as you attempt the section in Round1 .I wrote in 5 points before the paper started RC , PJ , FIB , PC . Then went thru section attempting the easy looking questions and listing down the question numbers of ques that i had skipped and wanted to attempt. After reaching the end(Round 1) i had the list with me of what would i like to do next . It was helpful as i din have to waste time further looking for what to do , I could go directly to the ques itself .

c) Have a good sleep before the exam😴 . Don't give mock 1 day before the D-day .

All the best puys πŸ‘

CAT Center : Eastpoint Campus Avalahalli Bangalore Slot 1

1) How many attempts you have made? QA 17-18 VA 28-30

2) Your last mock score? 99.3 AIMCATS

3) How was your experience of the test? Smooth

4) What was the surprise element for you? QA was difficult. No PnC and Probability

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? No

QADI

Contrary to the previous posts, I found the difficulty level of QA similar to that expressed by the people on slots on 24th or 25th October.

2 of the 3 DIs were simple and could be done within 4 mins each, while the third one took more time and was tricky. This, along with few more were the only bright points of this QA. Other than that, the questions were lengthy and deceptive. You would feel you can solve them easily till you have wasted some time on it.
I got 4 questions on geometry, 4-5 on algebra and one one from other areas.

VALR

LR was, as usual, very easy and a cake walk for most of the applicants.

2 of the 3 RCs were moderate and questions could be understood and solved with some time on it. 3rd RC was lengthy and had complex words in ti which make it difficult to understand, yet atleast one question in it was very easy and straight forward.
PJs were moderate and FIB was very simple.
Sentence correction was not usual type. The errors were slightly out of the box.

Out of context question was also moderate.

No "If you were the interviewer" kind of questions which was a relief.

All in all, I felt QA was as tough as we have heard from some of the previous examination day applicants.

QA/DI - 22/30 (1 i know is wrong )
VA/LR -29/30 (surprisingly easy)
2) Your last mock score? AIMCAT 1401 (98.72)

QA/DI : as expected was very lengthy ...invested a lot of time in DI (i knew if i get the answers they would be correct ..got 9/9 there...messed up QA a bit...couldnt see some questions...forget attempting them...quite sure about 10/13 ...1 is definitely wrong😠
VA/LR : LR was surprisingly easy (9/9)🍻 ...1st i had thought that i would only attempt 1/2 RC's ..but i had so much time i tried all..and they seemed to be easy..god knows if their were twists and turns...VA ..i am never sure..attempted all..hope i have 30-40% accuracy there..
overall a satisfying outing.πŸ˜ƒ

no surprises.

As everyone is saying...i will also say geometry dominated...no new topics as such..

"Dont take any load...give the exam as another mock...you will do well "🍻 ALL THE BESTπŸ‘

CAT centre : Spanning tree solutions,Kochi.

Slot :3.15

1) How many attempts you have made? QA/DI - 14/30 VA/LR -26/30

2) Your last mock score? AIMCAT 1401 (90)

QA/DI : quant was on the tougher side. couldn t attempt many questions.Not that many questions were direct.DI extremely lenghty.Around 90 % accuracy here.

VA/LR: 2 rcs were moderate. 1 extremely philosophical with complicated words.Not sure of accuracy in this section.

no questions from pnc.

Over all disappointed.what percentile can i expect?

CAT center: East Point Campus avalahalli, Bangalore

Date:- 26/10/2013

Slot: Evening

QA - 17

va - 24

CAT 12- 96.69( qa- 99.05 , va- 79.11)

Quant was not that difficult but was out of touch this year. But the good point was that this year all LR sets solved as compared to 6 questions last year. RC's were manageable.

CAT centre : andheri, mumbai

Slot :3.15

1) How many attempts you have made? QA/DI - 17-18/30 VA/LR -27/30

2) Your last mock score? always been in 80-90 percentiles

QA/DI : quant was on the tougher side. wasted a lot of time trying to attempt tougher questions, ..di could attempt only one set completely n d oder one half😟..faultered over speed!!embarrased

VA/LR: This section was quite easy compared to the aimcats i gave..rc were all doable, but can never say if you actually cracked them..lr sets were easy,solved two sets,last set came in the end of the entire section fell short of time!!!😠😠..

noting was very surprising, though many questions on geometry which made it time consuming..

dunno whether should be happy or sad...but its over no point thinking...πŸ˜ƒ

1) How many attempts you have made? QA/DI - 16/30

VA/LR -30/30 (very easy)

2) Your last mock score? No mock exams given

QA/DI :was very lengthy ...invested a lot of time in DI...couldnt see some questions... VA/LR : LR was very easy (9/9)...VA ..i am never sure..attempted all..

no surprises.

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.Easy and Quant was time consuming especially DI

7) Any other query or something you would like to share."No need of studying so much.. Just Enjoy and give Exam..:) ALL THE BEST to all.. πŸ˜ƒ