[CAT 2013 ] question bank and discussion for Quants/DI/LR/Verbal

Hello puys ,As today is the last of CAT 2012… lets start preparing from here … :: start posting questions on various topic… quants/di/lr/verbal …and lets discuss the solution. :: all the best !! ::

Hello puys ,

As today is the last of CAT 2012....
lets start preparing from here ...
start posting questions on various topic... quants/di/lr/verbal ..
and lets discuss the solution.

all the best !!
Find the length of the shorter diagonal of the rhombus, if the perimeter of a rhombus is 52 m while the length of its longer diagonal is 24 m.
a. 5 m
b. 12 m
c. 16 m
d. 10m

@dheelagyan said:
Find the length of the shorter diagonal of the rhombus, if the perimeter of a rhombus is 52 m while the length of its longer diagonal is 24 m.a. 5 mb. 12 mc. 16 md. 10m
Its 10m
@dheelagyan said:
Find the length of the shorter diagonal of the rhombus, if the perimeter of a rhombus is 52 m while the length of its longer diagonal is 24 m.a. 5 mb. 12 mc. 16 md. 10m
10 m
@kingsleyx said:
Its 10m
could you elaborate your approach?
@iLoveTorres
10....apply appolonius..

Are there any shortcut methods to solve questions like If the principal is 22000, the rate of compounded interest is 12%. what would be the amount after 4 years if the interest is calculated quaterly???(i do it by long method bt it takes a lot of tm)

A, B and C starts running simultaneously from point P, Q and R respectively on a circular track. The distance between any two of the three points P, Q and R is L and the ratio of the speeds of A, B and C are 1:2:3. If A and B run in opposite directions while B and C run in the same direction, what is the distance run by A before A, B and C meet for the 3rd time?

A)10L

B)will never meet

C)40L/3

D)12L

E)none of these

PLEASE REPLY WITH GOOD EXPLANATION FOR THE ANSWER.

How many questions in CAT would be from Critical Reasoning approximately ?! Anyone ? 😃

An ordinary cube has four blank faces, one face marked 2 and another marked 3. Then the probability of obtaining 9 in 5 throws is

• 5/2592
  • 5/1296
  • 5/1944
  • 31/7776

0 voters

Please clarify the following doubts.

1. According to the directions on a can of frozen orange juice concentrate, 1 can of concentrate is to be mixed with 3 cans of water to make orange juice. How many 12-ounce cans of the concentrate are required to prepare 200 6-ounce servings of orange juice?

A. 25

B. 34

C. 50

D. 67

E. 100

2. Adam and Beth each drove from Small ville to Crown City by different routes. Adam drove an average speed of 40 miles per hour and completed the trip in 30 minutes. Beth's route was 5 miles longer, and it took her 20 minutes more than Adam to complete the trip. How many miles per hour was Beth's average speed on this trip?

A. 24

B. 30

C. 48

D. 54

E. 75

3. At a certain college there are twice as many English majors as history majors and three times as many English majors as mathematics majors. What is the ratio of the number of history majors to the number of mathematics majors?

A. 6 to 1

B. 3 to 2

C. 2 to 3

D. 1 to 5

E. 1 to 6

4. Three friends rented a car for a week and divided the cost equally. What was the total cost of renting the car?

I. If the three friends had kept the car for a second week, they could have obtained the two-week rate, which was 1.5 times the cost of a one-week rental.

II. If a fourth friend had joined the three friends and the cost had been divided equally among the four friends, the cost to each of the original three would have been reduced by $15.

A. Statement I alone is sufficient, but statement II alone is not sufficient.

B. Statement II alone is sufficient, but statement I alone is not sufficient.

C. Both statements together are sufficient, but neither statement alone is sufficient.

D. Each statement alone is sufficient.

E. Statements I and II together are not sufficient.

5. To fill an order on schedule, a manufacturer had to produce 1,000 tools per day for n days. What is the value of n?

I. Because of production problems, the manufacturer produced only 600 tools per day during the first 5 days.

II. Because of production problems, the manufacturer had to produce 1,500 tools per day on each of the last 4 days in order to meet the schedule.

C. Both statements together are sufficient, but neither statement alone is sufficient.

6. Is x

I. 2x

II. xy > 0

7. In a certain state, gasoline stations compute the price per gallon p, in dollars, charged at the pump by adding a 4 percent sales tax to the dealer's price per gallon d, in dollars, and then adding a gasoline tax of $0.18 per gallon. Which of the following gives the dealer's price per gallon d in terms of the price per gallon p charged at the pump?

A. d = (p €“ 0.22)

B. d = (p / 1.22)

C. d = (p/1.04) €“ 0.18

D. d = (p-0.18)/(1.04)

E. d = (p-0.04)/1.18

8. For all positive integers m, [m] = 3m when m is odd and [m] = m/2 when m is even. Which of the following is equivalent to [9] * [6]?

A. [81]

B. [54]

C. [36]

D. [27]

E. [18]

9. In the xy-plane, at what two points does the graph of y=(x+a)(x+b) intersect the axis?

I. a + b = -1

II. The graph intersects the y-axis at (0, -6)