CAT 2013- Pune study group.

Hello Puys, Lets kick start the preparation for brand new season of CAT. We had a similar thread last year and it really helped us a lot . With my previous stints with CAT , i have realized that it really helps if you have a group of se…

Hello Puys,

Lets kick start the preparation for brand new season of CAT.

We had a similar thread last year and it really helped us a lot . With my previous stints with CAT , i have realized that it really helps if you have a group of serious students.Peer motivation always keeps u floating , it never lets you drown and keeps u motivated.

This thread will definitely try to solve all our queries.

I would request all the junta from Pune (and from everywhere in this world) to join this Study Group thread . Just because it is named Pune study group doesn't means Puys from other places can't participate. We would appreciate the contribution of PUYS from all the places.

In order to get the maximum benefit from this thread , please be active otherwise u won't be able to appreciate the advantages that it can fetch you.

What all would be here on this thread ,
--------> Schedules for preparation.
--------> Strict discipline for study plan .
--------> Sharing experience of previous attempts.
--------> Mocks Discussions and methods to improve the scores.
--------> Regular meets in PUNE , weekly basis.
--------> Sharing materials and mocks on personal basis.
--------> Discussions on which colleges to be aimed for.
--------> Keeping everyone on the thread motivated.
--------> Keeping everyone well informed about the latest ongoings related to CAT and other exams.
--------> Which coaching institutes to join .
--------> Would be fun and great learning .

Few Rules
--------> Do not post ur contact details like mobile number or email, u can always PM it .
--------> No Personal attacks, advertisement , spamming , sarcasm, abusive words, innuendoes and rude behavior.

I would request Mods and older PUYS to help us in achieving our Goal.

It may be difficult alone but together We Can.
Lets make our MBA dream true.

All the Best.

Regards
Sushil Patil.

Hello All,

Now to start with the thread....

My Profile in short:

Xth : 69%
XII : 78%
B.E : 60.6 % ( Pune University)

Work Exp : 4.5 yrs

Target Institutes : Top 20 institutes in India & I am also trying for a good one year Ex-MBA.

Planning to join a coaching institute, any suggestions puys?
Heard about genesis mentors in Pune, planning to go for counselling today...

I attempted CAT last year without much preparations, so want to try this year with full preparation.

I request you all to join me in this wonderful journey to bell the CAT.....
@sushilpatil86 Coaching insti in pune:Time/CL/GM...even i m planning to go for GM today..its best in pune..
@PallavSingh R u going to Aundh or SB road branch?
Do u know where exactly is this Aundh branch?
No landmark is mentioned in the address...
@sushilpatil86 chk google but i know i hav seen it in aundh once..i will be going for aundh
@sushilpatil86 The Landmarks are as follows:
1. Opposite Cafe Coffee Day on DP Road.
2. Beside ShivSagar Restaurant, DP road.
3. Bang opp CL Aundh office( if that also qualifies as a landmark)
:)

@sushilpatil86 GM is located in Aundh, opposite CCD. It is one of the best place to learn and achieve your goal of CAT13. ATB

I'm in.

My Profile in short:

Xth : 81%
XII : 80%
B.Tech : 7.98 CGPA
Work Exp : 6-7 Months

Already joined GM. :-)

@tanmayyadav So how is GM?
Faculty, Prep material etc?
@sushilpatil86 , Faculty and environment is awesome. I have attended only 1 class and material provided was good, :-)

Any one ready to sell or lend the TIME magazines-MBA Education & Careers?

U can cntct me on 9545453626...

Guys I am in TE, I want to go for CAT, Pleases puys help me out in selection of coaching, I have no ideas about any thing.

@theempror64 Hello,
I am joining Genesis Mentors but while counselling the faculty told me that the place is good for Experienced people....
You can go and counsel from Time, Career Forum, Career Launcher & GM and join whichever you feel like joining...
I got 3879 Rank (208 marks) in Sep. CMAT & expecting more in Feb. CMAT too...

I am B.Tech in Computer Science from ICFAI-Tech & My total work experience so far is 2.5 years as Software Engineer

I am applying to about 7-8 MBA colleges, whose cut offs I believe I am most likely to qualify.

However, I have a 3 year GAP after 12th (was preparing for competitions). I will be extremely grateful if you tell me how can I justify that Gap in the best possible way @ Interviews ??
@sushilpatil86 ya Go for GM if u atleast Once gave CAT :P....for more details PM

Reading here off the forum, I mostly have heard of +ves of GM, any ideas regarding the other options viz times, cl etc considering that I am a fresher and I need a coaching which starts from scratch.....

@sushilpatil86 said:
HelloPuys,Lets kick start the preparation for brand new season of CAT.We had a similar thread last year and it really helped us a lot . With my previous stints with CAT , i have realized that it really helps if you have a group of serious students.Peer motivation always keeps u floating , it never lets you drown and keeps u motivated.This thread will definitely try to solve all our queries.I would request all the junta from Pune (and from everywhere in this world) to join this Study Group thread . Just because it is named Pune study group doesn't means Puys from other places can't participate. We would appreciate the contribution of PUYS from all the places.In order to get the maximum benefit from this thread , please be active otherwise u won't be able to appreciate the advantages that it can fetch you.What all would be here on this thread ,--------> Schedules for preparation.--------> Strict discipline for study plan .--------> Sharing experience of previous attempts.--------> Mocks Discussions and methods to improve the scores.--------> Regular meets in PUNE , weekly basis.--------> Sharing materials and mocks on personal basis.--------> Discussions on which colleges to be aimed for.--------> Keeping everyone on the thread motivated.--------> Keeping everyone well informed about the latest ongoings related to CAT and other exams.--------> Which coaching institutes to join .--------> Would be fun and great learning .Few Rules--------> Do not post ur contact details like mobile number or email, u can always PM it .--------> No Personal attacks, advertisement , spamming , sarcasm, abusive words, innuendoes and rude behavior.I would request Mods and older PUYS to help us in achieving our Goal.It may be difficult alone but together We Can.Lets make our MBA dream true.All the Best.RegardsSushil Patil.
Nice to see this thread again. I was a bit busy and hence couldn't start this thread. Anyways , thanks to sushil patil for starting this thread "again".

First things first, all the B-Schools are strictly against Plagiarism. So , my humble request to Sushil is that whenever you copy paste some stuff , please do mention the source , like for the starting post which you have made , here is original link to earlier Pune Study Group threads

Cat 2011 http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2011-pune-study-group-25064916/2647842

Cat 2010 http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/cat-2010-pune-study-group-25050969/1928841

Guys , this thread did helped me to crack CAT and i am sure it will help many of you to crack it this year. Do look into the above threads and make the best out of this forum

All the Best

Rahul
@theempror64 said:
Reading here off the forum, I mostly have heard of +ves of GM, any ideas regarding the other options viz times, cl etc considering that I am a fresher and I need a coaching which starts from scratch.....
@theempror64 You can go and counsel at CL & CF as well....
GM is good but it is not a bad idea to roam and find out which coaching suits you best....