CAT 2013 (Monday, 21st October 2013 - Day 5) -- Exam Experience

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :*CAT Center, Date and Slot:*1) How many attempts you have made?2) Your last mock score?_If you are there at repository threโ€ฆ

To assure that the thread is put to the best use, please post your CAT 2013 experience in the following format :

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made?

2) Your last mock score?

If you are there at repository thread, please provide the link here.

3) How was your experience of the test?

4) What was the surprise element for you?

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better?

6) Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.

Any post on this thread, not following the format OR any post trying to mislead will be deleted.

Important :-While discussing, please follow the Disclaimers Regarding conduct of CAT strictly. Anyone found violating will be summarily banned and in case of any enquiry pagalguy.com will cooperate with the investigating authorities.Also, if you want to ask any query to any of the users who has taken the test, please PM him/her.Let this thread be only for the experiences of the people who are taking CAT .If someone feels that something needs to be added, you can edit your original post.Also, please avoid making long quotes while posting.Request all the MadCapz, the Oldies and all Puys to help the moderators as much as possible in the coming days to maintain the sanctity of discussions. Feel free to report any case of misleading people.Please make sure that multiple threads are not created, meaningless posts are at minimum and we help out as many users as possible.

Cheers!

๐Ÿป

AT Center, Date and Slot: gl bajaj, Greater Noida 21st Oct 2013 10am slot

(25+22-23 = 47-48)

2) Your last mock score?

1402 98.73%ile AIR 135

It's there somewhere..

3) How was your experience of the test? Smooth, I was the the only one in my lab. LoL

4) What was the surprise element for you? Nothing.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? None.

Sec1 :

Attempted 25 with 1-2 wrong. (Pretty sure of the rest of them). That too was a blunder which I realized soon after coming out ๐Ÿ˜  ๐Ÿ˜ž

Questions were moderate-tough with some easy ones in between. DI was easy-moderate. QA had some speed breakers which had to be left. Questions from all topics ranging from number system, geo,base system, mensuration, pnc, quadratic ,heights and distances .. No tnw,tsd ,si/ci ๐Ÿ˜ž I like these topics..

Sec2:

It was tricky. RC had tricky options. Careful elimination would help I guess. Had low attempts 22-23 because got stuck in an LR and took some time to figure out. Too many PCs were there. Left 1 rc. Hopefully LR should be all correct.

.Not much.

AT Center, Date and Slot: prometric hyd 21st Oct 2013 10am slot

(24+27 = 51)

2) Your last mock score?

aimcat 1401 99.3%ile AIR 58

It's there somewhere..

3) How was your experience of the test? Smooth

4) What was the surprise element for you? Nothing.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? None.

6)

Your overall analysis of the exam. Toughness, new topics, sections etc.

sec1 quant sitters 5, med 9, very hard 6, di's all easy

sec2 3 rc's easy-mod, 2 hard parcomp 2rc's easy 1 rc impossible

my advise is dont waste more than a minute in hard quant ques and leave the hard rc to last

I tried doing the third rc for 20 min finally did not mark it

CAT Center, Date and Slot: Blue Lotus Technologies, Chennai, 10 AM slot Monday(21st Oct)

Sec-1:-18

Sec-2:- 23

2) Your last mock score?: Have been writing TIME AIMCATs..ranging between 60 to 95 percentiles..

3) How was your experience of the test?..: Fine

4) What was the surprise element for you?: None whatsoever..

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better- None whatsoever..

Section 1: It was on the tougher side loaded with Algebra, Trigonometry, CG and Geometry to gether comprising of 15 to 16 questions.... Some 2 questions were from pure functions and another 3 more were combinations of functions and trigonometry, progressions..

DI - One Bar graph - 3 questions.. one data table- 3 questions..both were easy to moderate..The third DI was Venn diagram ( did not solve this for lack of time..attended a few easy question from Algebra and functions instead)....As far as I can remember I got 5/5 questions correct in DI..another 6 questions correct in QA.... One question which was involving a combination of trigonometry& function was having the choices incorrect..(My method was correct but the answer I got was not present in the choices..checked this 2 to 3 times)

Section-2 : This came as a reprieve after the hard work in Sec-1..The breakup of questions was as follows:..

3 Para Jumbles(2 moderate ,1 tough)..

2 Para completion(both were easy if we can follow the thought process of the passage)

3 LR sets( 2 were difficult(solved only partially and attempted only one question from each set....the third set was easy..)

3 RC passages( attempted only 2 for the sake of accuracy and time)..passages were lengthy but questions were simple with the choices far apart..am expecting atleast 6/7 in RC..

2 sentecne corrections (both were easy)..

2 incorrect usage of a word( both were difficult)..

2 fibs (both were moderate)

7) Any other query or something you would like to share.?....Nothing else... this exam was on the tougher side compared to last year....especially Sec-1 which students from non engineering backgrounds would find it difficult..but skimming the paper within the frist ten minutes and getting a look at all 30 questions..will help identifying the doable questions..

PS:..To all those who are yet to write:this is my experience and dont bank on this post for ur exam..Its possible that the trend might chane during the coming week..just go out there and give ur best.

Lastly, spend the last 2 days before ur day by relaxing and having a go- through on all the topics u have covered so far..and most importantly, be cool and stay focussed...

.this is only an exam and an exam cannot determine what u are..there are far worse things in this world than writing CAT....๐Ÿ˜ƒ..

All the Best!!!!

CAT Center, Date and Slot:

1) How many attempts you have made? QA -24 (poor) (23 should b correct)

probably 1 of d easiest set of quant paper ... should hav done btr .

VA-24 (it was tough .. not sure abt accuracy)

.. RC MODERATE ....

LR ... 1 EASY 1 MODERATE 1 DIFFICULT ... (shortest LR set i hav ever seen ... 3 statements 3 questions ... )

2) Your last mock score? 98%ile ... 1401

3) How was your experience of the test? fine ...

THAT LR question ... n DI (very very easy )

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? nahhh ....

a 4 set venn in DI

dnt waste time on any single question (i suffered coz of that) , keep calm ... just revise on d penultimate day ........ feel free to ask any queries

๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜  m doomed

PLEASE HELP: I know you may find it a bit silly, but a serious aspirant and a friend of mine, missed her exam which was supposed to be today. She got confused with the dates and all this time she was thinking of it to be 26th. Unfortunately when she was printing her admit card, she realised what tragedy has happened. I know it was a terrible mistake from her part, but puys, do we have a solution to this? can she take the exam this year? Please reply. Thanks:-)

hey guys..from where can i take th print out f admit card i do have it in mail i know that would do but is there any site from where i can get it..coz i m not able to locate the site where we can login with our user name any.. idea abt th site? lookround

A friend of mine took CAT today in the evening slot. she hadn't prepared well so attempted 10 in QA and 25 in VA with substantially good accuracy. Those who took cat today and are aware of the difficulty level of this slot , can they tell me what percentile can she expect ? i hear QA was very tough in the evening slot. 10 correct attempts can fetch what percentile?

CAT Center - Era Business School, Dwarka, Delhi
Date : Oct 21, 2013; Slot: 3:15 pm

i don't know this for certain...should be like early 10's (QA) + early 20's (VA)
(i could not see a number totaling my attempts at any point in the exam and you certainly won't get a round-up of your performance at the end like you might have experienced in exams like LIC AAO, RBI Grade-b etc.)

2) Your last mock score?

Not applicable

Not applicable (i hope this isn't too formal-sounding)

real good. i was hoping it to be better than when i took CAT 2011 at a centre that wasn't an educational institute. let me explain . its because there is a certain incentive (classy word for human greed, right?) that the CAT-hosting colleges have on their considerations, which is that they want to seem as charming, polite, professional, etc. to attract some of the students. its why they were very liberal with allowing people for loo breaks, to-gulp-a-sip-of-water breaks, etc. even when we were quite close to actual test. they even allowed me to take my handkerchief inside without a bother...this certainly wasn't the case in 2011...

None.

Do do the tutorial before the exam and be alert to the interface because it's new or of once-a-year familiarity

I thought QA was tough...in my previous CAT attempt, i could solve a few questions in QA with ease...there were none of such questions for me, though i understand that it could be that i'm weak in QA...every question sucked time, energy, brain-power out of me...QA covered all topics familiar to CAT aspirants and nothing that transcended things to a higher level of toughness

not just in comparing with QA, VA was easier. the passages were easy to deal with. there was a lot of para-jumbles, odd-sentence in the para, para completion type of questions...again not too much heartache for the average CAT-taker...more than difficult or puzzling, LR was tough to analyze due to too much data and possibilities to go over and i had a bad time in the LR part in VA section too...

Nah.

ISBR Bangalore, October 21, 2013 - 3:15 PM:

1) How many attempts you have made? - (17(3 for sure wrong)+21)

2) Your last mock score? - 85 - AIMCAT 1401

3) How was your experience of the test? - Smooth - In fact I found the Prometric people very helpful.

4) What was the surprise element for you? - No PnC, More number of questions from geometry and trignometry.

5) Any tips to handle the computer based exam better? Go for tutorial.

Quants was tough. I got 4-5 questions from geometry. 2 sets of DI were easy other was calculation intensive. 1 LR was unsolvalbe. I found verbal part easy.

This is for those people who had lot of geometry in their test. Were the questions only on triangles, circles and rectangles or n-sided polygons, trapezium, rhombus, etc. as well? If yes, how many?

CAT Center, Date and Slot: 21st October 3:15 pm

21 + 24/25 -> 45/46

Boy wasnt it tough...... yeah it was...... QADI hardly had any direct ones...... even the sitters (2 or 3 at most) had to be dug out from deep within. One DI set was undoable in the time allotted (would have taken > 15 mins to solve....). Geometry and algebra heavy again.

VA was moderate with doable questions, One RC was easy on the eye (though pretty long) but the options were very close..... one RC was out of the world types (philosophy) and one RC was an easy one with easy questions too.

Tough LR however was a surprise..... all the sets were lengthy (RC types in terms of length) with one being moderate and 2 tough. Could attempt only 7 out of the 9 possible questions.

2) Your last mock score?

SIM 10.... 99.81%ile

Smooth and no disruptions.

Tough LR.

None as such

Awesome QADI section, absolutely loved it.

Horrendous VALR though. I really have no clue how much I ll get here. Overall one of the toughest papers I have encountered till date. Toughest online CAT for sure.

Nopes.

hey puys, is there anything else that we need to carry with us during the exam apart from the ID proof and the admit card ????

guys need your help!! in LR ,apart from sitting arrangements and matrix questions, whatelse should I prepare?

21 october evening slot (hyderabad)

QADI had 7 questions on venn diagram only and 2 questions had 3-3 sub questions each.

one of venn diagram question on solving (i got one of values as negative which is not possible to get)

wrote all of equations again and solved again and got the same negative value. wasted 10-15 minutes of time (questions was like easy type on looking with straight forward equations but unsolvable due to negative value which makes u think to recheck and solve again)

one of my friend gave test along me and faced same problem (discussed after exam)

confirmed with two more guys front he centre and same problem.

so you are not able to solve 3 questions, you waste 1-15 min time and no other question in QADI was sitter. all long and calculation intensive. Attempt of around 12-15 was like godlike. (each question would eat up atleast 4 min to solve-calculation extensive - all of them)

so what to do in such cases when you get a question wrong??

can someone tell me the expected cutoffs for sdmimd ,christ university and vit ???

to all the bangaloreans here..can someone tell me EXACTLY wer the centre is in malleshwaram??the address given is not there in google maps...

to all the bangaloreans here can u tell me wer EXACTLY is the location for the malleshwaram centre??google maps is not showing...

bhai aaj ka thread bhi bana do