CAT-2013 Kolkata Study Group

Hello Puys,Lets kick start the preparation for brand new season of CAT. We had a similar thread last year and it really helped us a lot . With my previous stints with CAT , i have realized that it really helps if you have a group of serious s…

Hello Puys,Lets kick start the preparation for brand new season of CAT.

We had a similar thread last year and it really helped us a lot . With my previous stints with CAT , i have realized that it really helps if you have a group of serious students.Peer motivation always keeps u floating , it never lets you drown and keeps u motivated.

This thread will definitely try to solve all our queries.

I would request all the junta from Kolkata (and from everywhere in this world) to join this Study Group thread .

What all would be here on this thread ,
--------> Schedules for preparation.
--------> Strict discipline for study plan .
--------> Sharing experience of previous attempts.
--------> Mocks Discussions and methods to improve the scores.
--------> Regular meets in Kolkata.
--------> Sharing materials and mocks on personal basis.
--------> Discussions on which colleges to be aimed for.
--------> Keeping everyone on the thread motivated.
--------> Keeping everyone well informed about the latest ongoings related to CAT and other exams.
--------> Which coaching institutes to join .
--------> Would be fun and great learning .

Few Rules
--------> Do not post ur contact details like mobile number or email, u can always PM it .
--------> No Personal attacks, advertisement , spamming , sarcasm, abusive words, innuendoes and rude behavior.

I would request Mods and older PUYS to help us in achieving our Goal.

It may be difficult alone but together We Can.
Lets make our MBA dream true.

Thread for 2012
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/kolkata-cat-2012-study-group-25080038/3349461

All the Best.

i m in..

@joyjitpal
@ishruti chalo start kare its high time now

hi i m there

i am in too

Guys so which mock series are u all planing to join???

@chelseaboy career launcher and time..u?...any idea when these series will actually start?
@2012calling said:
@chelseaboy career launcher and time..u?...any idea when these series will actually start?
End of may, yes same here cl nd time....

I am joining IMS weekend batches - Gariahat! 😃

how is ims test series??..any idea?

@2012calling said:
how is ims test series??..any idea

Good but not the best!!!
@2012calling said:
how is ims test series??..any idea?
ims ka quant is nt good..bt uska VA ka level is awesome ..d best among oders!!!
@mohitjain ..ya...we l have to find simcat papers..but more than 2 test series is not possible to manage..so sticking to time and cl..

@2012calling said:
@mohitjain ..ya...we l have to find simcat papers..but more than 2 test series is not possible to manage..so sticking to time and cl..
bt givin as many mocks as possible wil definetely help
@mohitjain that is true..will try surely..to make the most of it this year..you will give all 3??
hello everybody. i'm varatharaj doing pre final year in mechanical engineering in coimbatore(tamilnadu).Right from the day i know about cat i started dreaming being an IIM er! MBA is my passion. im preparing for CAT 2013. As i was from a lower middle class background i cant afford to pay the coaching class fee. now iam preparing for CAT using the books from my college library.
but those books are really confusing and deviated from the actual CAT questions.i dont have a pc too. so i cant refer any online materials. i spend 4 hours daily for preparing CAT. my friend advised me that 4 hours of such preparations=1 hour of preparation by using standard materials like TIME,IMS. i went to TIME and ask them whether i can get the materials alone for a cheaper price. they said they will provide material only along with a course. and that course costs 20000! i was heart broken! i desperately need some standard books. i would be greatly thankful if someone is will to donate extra materials or old materials! PG is my only hope. so please help me! thank you all

Hello Puys,

Following is my profile:-
Xth - 79.33%
XIIth - 75.5%
Grad. - B.Tech - 8.35 CGPA
Work - ex - 4yrs @ IT

I am thinking of giving CAT -2013. This will be my 3rd attempt and also the last one.
I had earlier appeared for CAT - 2011 and scored just 80.29%ile...got calls from WE, K.J, Nirma, IMT - N...converted IMT - N and WE..was waitlisted at Nirma... gave CAT - 2012 but this time screwed up as i didn't prepare well nor attended any of the classes because of my work-schedule.....

Please let me knw whch institute to join for my prep. --- TIME , CL , VistaMind , IMS........

@Mysterio007 said:
Hello Puys,Following is my profile:-Xth - 79.33%XIIth - 75.5%Grad. - B.Tech - 8.35 CGPAWork - ex - 4yrs @ ITI am thinking of giving CAT -2013. This will be my 3rd attempt and also the last one.I had earlier appeared for CAT - 2011 and scored just 80.29%ile...got calls from WE, K.J, Nirma, IMT - N...converted IMT - N and WE..was waitlisted at Nirma... gave CAT - 2012 but this time screwed up as i didn't prepare well nor attended any of the classes because of my work-schedule.....Please let me knw whch institute to join for my prep. --- TIME , CL , VistaMind , IMS........
in kolkata d faculty at cl is d best ..so d best option is joining weekend batches at cl,pk strt!!!!