CAT 2013 Discussion

sirAs i am in 3 rd year of Btech nw…n my academic record is 10th 85 % 12th 85 % btech 70 % till 4 th sem and i want to MBA from a reputed institute like IIM …as i have heard some rumor that the IIM don’t give call to freshers even they have…

sir

As i am in 3 rd year of Btech nw...n my academic record is
10th 85 % 12th 85 % btech 70 % till 4 th sem and i want to MBA from a reputed institute like IIM ..as i have heard some rumor that the IIM don't give call to freshers even they have got 98 % in cat...n r nt able to get admissions in other good institutes like XLRI , FMS , n even IIT'S...so sir plz make me clear with all this stuff....
@zx1 said:
sir
As i am in 3 rd year of Btech nw...n my academic record is
10th 85 % 12th 85 % btech 70 % till 4 th sem and i want to MBA from a reputed institute like IIM ..as i have heard some rumor that the IIM don't give call to freshers even they have got 98 % in cat...n r nt able to get admissions in other good institutes like XLRI , FMS , n even IIT'S...so sir plz make me clear with all this stuff....

Nothing like that... you aim to get more marks ...you can get into in IIM's

@zx1 - Ah, the rumor mill just never stops. You can still make it to IIMs, though the process has become slightly skewed and tricky so students don't care about researching all the details.

There are two aspects to eligibility

1) Find out if you are eligible for CAT - which you are btw.
2) Are you eligible for the IIMs. Each IIM has its own selection criteria that may or may not change each year. Historically, there are IIMs which may not discount your past sins - like IIM C (dont know if that may change from this year, next year or year after).

As for finding the details regarding each IIM eligibility, check out this >>

Eligibility for IIMs >> http://cat.mbaglue.c...

Hey i need to know how can i solve questions with 4 venn diagrams? Can somebody help?