CAT 2012 Kerala study group

all cat aspirants 2012 are welcome to join this study group!! hope we ll hit the target… Put down ur name here if u r from kerala and preparing for CAT 2012 1.Institute joined if any a 2.When did u start preparation. 3.Books u have or p…

all cat aspirants 2012 are welcome to join this study group!! hope we ll hit the target..
Put down ur name here if u r from kerala and preparing for CAT 2012
1.Institute joined if any a
2.When did u start preparation.
3.Books u have or plan to buy.
4.Number of Hours a day u give to CAT preparation.
5.Weak section/Strong section.
6.Institutes u wish to apply to
regards :-)
my info
1.Institute joined if any - time thrissur, final yr bba student currently
2.When did u start prepration.- 11th hr hurry burry studies jus startd 10 days b4 cat 2011. obviously cat 2011 would turn out bad. PS-nw serious abt it, so lukng frwrd cat 2012
3.Books u have or plan to buy- have time materials with me, bt wud buy books worth buying and really helpful for preps esp quant with basic concepts and practice exercises, pls do suggest
4.Number of Hours a day u give to CAT preparation- not startd yet, making my mind twrds it, starting soon.
5.Weak section/Strong section- quant and di/verbal
6.Institutes u wish to apply to- the iim s i aspire, bt the top 20clgs

all keralites make this thread an active one..................
i am a 3rd year btech student from kochi..........

guys nice initiative..keeping up the spirits is important as ther s still a long way to cat 2012, and always be prepared for an 'adaptive' test from next time around, sometimes it might be.
as of now, it would be great if u give one of those free mocks from online portals such as testfunda/cl and analyse where you're standing, weakpoints...
and cat is becoming conceptual and the toughness factor is maintained no longer uniformally, VA is the toughest so if any prep you're planning start with VA earnestly , bcos you need time to build up va skills..and there's enough time now.
search for pagalguy test prep articles of tanveer ahamed and handa ...especially tanveer sir gives you invaluable tips on how to get started on VA and handa sir has brilliant primers/concepts for each qa topic.

from my experience since cat is now opening the doors to non engineers and ladies big time with diversity in mind, qa is basic application and va is the decider.
p.s.personal suggestion

guys nice initiative..keeping up the spirits is important as ther s still a long way to cat 2012, and always be prepared for an 'adaptive' test from next time around, sometimes it might be.
as of now, it would be great if u give one of those free mocks from online portals such as testfunda/cl and analyse where you're standing, weakpoints...
and cat is becoming conceptual and the toughness factor is maintained no longer uniformally, VA is the toughest so if any prep you're planning start with VA earnestly , bcos you need time to build up va skills..and there's enough time now.
search for pagalguy test prep articles of tanveer ahamed and handa ...especially tanveer sir gives you invaluable tips on how to get started on VA and handa sir has brilliant primers/concepts for each qa topic.

from my experience since cat is now opening the doors to non engineers and ladies big time with diversity in mind, qa is basic application and va is the decider.
p.s.personal suggestion

cud u pld send the link wer i can find those test prep articles?
all cat aspirants 2012 are welcome to join this study group!! hope we ll hit the target..
Put down ur name here if u r from kerala and preparing for CAT 2012
1.Institute joined if any a
2.When did u start preparation.
3.Books u have or plan to buy.
4.Number of Hours a day u give to CAT preparation.
5.Weak section/Strong section.
6.Institutes u wish to apply to
regards :-)
my info
1.Institute joined if any - time thrissur, final yr bba student currently
2.When did u start prepration.- 11th hr hurry burry studies jus startd 10 days b4 cat 2011. obviously cat 2011 would turn out bad. PS-nw serious abt it, so lukng frwrd cat 2012
3.Books u have or plan to buy- have time materials with me, bt wud buy books worth buying and really helpful for preps esp quant with basic concepts and practice exercises, pls do suggest
4.Number of Hours a day u give to CAT preparation- not startd yet, making my mind twrds it, starting soon.
5.Weak section/Strong section- quant and di/verbal
6.Institutes u wish to apply to- the iim s i aspire, bt the top 20clgs

Very good Initiative Aiswarya

btw I m Joe frm Kochi,4th year btech.. hav been active in the CAT 2011 Kochi group and yes i did take CAT , hav no clue on wht its outcome wud b... was not fully serious with CAT 11' but wanna go all out for CAT 12' .. was a TIME student .. hopin to see many more kerala puys join in and make this a very active thread...:)

thanx joe..........need ur help to make this thread active............

aishwarya menon Says
cud u pld send the link wer i can find those test prep articles?

Verbal Ability | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT
Quantitative Aptitude | PaGaLGuY.com - Indias biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT
iimlover Says
thanx joe..........need ur help to make this thread active............

Sure bro... we will
Verbal Ability PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT
Quantitative Aptitude PaGaLGuY.com - India's biggest website for MBA in India, International MBA, CAT, XAT, SNAP, MAT

great job xatiim.@xatiim,please post ur tips for cat here and helpful links of cat preparation articles

subscribed.....

will keep u updated on 2011 CAT Season.....

CAT 2011: attemts were low 21 in each section..... I feel that even with 100% accuracy I do not stand much chance......

today there was "Coffee with SIBM" and tomorrow we have IIFT :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I think low attempts helped me out...... I think that as I hoped I got everything correct...... 42 attempts with 100% accuracy lead me to..... OA: 99.04, QA: 97.16, VA: 98.60.

With comparitively weak accads of 84.20, 80.60, 73.92 in X, XII, UG..... I did not get calls from any old IIMs till now...... Only IIM I is left to come up with their shortlist.

Got calls of 5 out of 6 new IIMs..... Did not get Rhotak....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As expected, did not get through IIM K and IIM I shortlists :D

XAT was a big disaster :-P

Good news is that I got MDI call just now :)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Got call for XIM(B) PGDM..... some problem with XIM(B) PGDM-HRM.... have send a mail to the admission office

Also got SP Jain IT call :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

No luck with XIM(B) - HRM......

Just in..... got a call from IIT(B) - SJMSOM :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding some other calls that I missed to mention.....
IIT D, IISc, FMS.....

Gotta take CAT12 really seriously..I hope this thread will be useful for every CAT12 aspirants.. All the Best 😃

subscribed.....

CAT 2011: attemts were low 21 in each section..... I feel that even with 100% accuracy I do not stand much chance......

dude can you give inputs on wat transpired@ cofee with sibm??
for all who doesnt know and reading, its an initiative by sibm pune to hold interactions with aspirants at major cities all over india.kochi edition wa today.
cat catcher do tell us.
dude can you give inputs on wat transpired@ cofee with sibm??
for all who doesnt know and reading, its an initiative by sibm pune to hold interactions with aspirants at major cities all over india.kochi edition wa today.
cat catcher do tell us.

We had Pratap and Hari (1st year students of SIBM, Pune) today who presented some facts and figures about the college. They also answered the queries effectively. Got a CD with 3 mock snap papers. At the end had coffee, some chit chat and then every one thanked them and left for home :)

Some imprtant points discussed were:

Placement figures(in CTC) :

Min. package = 8 lacs
Avrg. package = 10.26 lacs
Max package(domestic) = 18.xx lacs
Max. package (international) = 26.xx lacs

Fees for 2012-2014 batch: 10.5 lacz (including hostel and mess)

No dual specialization is offered.

From this year on, any number of students can select a particular specialization..... till now there used to be some limits on each case.....

I am Ajey Karthik from Kasaragod. Currently working in Cognizant, Chennai. I am also looking forward to CAT 2012. All the best for the CAT aspirants from kerala....:)

not really a keralite, but i have a multi-culutral history...i was born in rajasthan, brought up in west bengal, nd m working at kochi, kerala. My first tryst wid cat was in 2010, got 95 %ile, nd a few decent converts dat i rejected. This tym i ws pretty serious, nd hopefully wud not sit fr cat again..in ny case, wud luv to be of ny help dat i cn...the keralites have been pretty nice to me... :P
Subscribed to this thread... 😃

Great to see this initiative from Kochi for the 2nd time...
I used to be an aspirant till 1 year back.. And those days there we really few people from Kochi on PG... Glad to see that its growing and growing big time..

The CAT 2011 Kochi study group will surely help you guys out in a big way...

And my only advice here would be to explore PG.. You will come across all kinds of threads and materials required for CAT prep.. So use this forum wisely..

subscribed.....

all the best..
let us know, hw did it go 😃

For guys who are keen to get some hang of a mock or looking for discounts in testfunda courseware, they're having an online test next saturday. posting the link below for details.

FREE Online MBA Scholarship Test - 3rd Dec '11

p.s. mods i'm no way promoting TF here, just passing on the info.

hi count me in Iam from thrissur !!