CAT 2009 : 28th Nov ( Day 1 ) Exam Experiences

Hi All, As we know, on the first day of CAT 2009 servers have crashed across many centers. Regarding that , please carry the discussion here on this thread - http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/cat-and-related-discussion/46755-cat-servers-crash-exa

hey. dudes tell me how was urs exams today.........

Puys since its illegal to post questions here... you must not.

HOWEVER...

You can help us by telling the format... not the questions!!
As in..

1. VA-- 1.Question TYPE... Weightage of RC, grammar, and so on.
2. What in verbal.. as in homonyms, direct fill in the blanks, so and and so forth...
3. RC length, questions type--inference/detail, overall difficulty.

2. DI-- 1. More of logical based, data based, or what.
2. DS...if yes how much!!
3. Type of set.. as in tournament, family, so on so forth.

3. QA--- 1. Max. weightage to which section?
2. Level of difficulty.
3. Long calculation or small trick questions...

You get my point...

DON'T BREAK RULES... especially when you can easily go around them!!! :clap:

@Mods: I hope this is okay... please correct me if i am wrong!!!

hey........ cab u tell me snth abvout todays cat paper......

People are comparing today's paper with SNAP levels.....
so it's ur take.....
i think it's a speed race now....do more questions....CATCH THE CAT..
I was literally stumped when my friend told me" i did all the question "!!!!!!!!

baghelaman Says
hey........ cab u tell me snth abvout todays cat paper......

Total number of questions:60
Per section 20 question each.

And time:2;15 hrs

thanks

Guys if you can also include your centers so that we can know which centers are not affected by todays issues. Best of luck to people who are writing cat tom and further

got my exam on 5th....pray all goes well on that day...:clap:

I Think many people are scared of the disclaimer by the IIM. I Think they should read it properly such things are allowed to be discussed and they should share thier experiences with other students

now update of cat
there was a 20-20-20 pattern.
DI section- DS qstns were there.
VA,3 RC,3q/rc, 4pj. edited
QA-Above average to difficult.

edit: take it as a pinch and just relax official info will soon be out

on one of d news channels, one guy told that " number of questions wasn 70 .... but it was in one of d multiples of 10, and was
:D

that means no of questions wre 60...... 20 20 20 most probably

sincle iim has already warned against any disclosure of cat 09 examination,i think v wont be able to hv a look at the cat 09 paper till all slots are done with.

I guess standard of SNAP is very troubling ....CAT exam now will be more abt speed than accuracy

seems the paper was moderate to easy then??...though someone mentioned QA is above average to difficult..can others please who share their experience with QA and DI section ...without telling explicitly of course

By all probability it was 20 20 20 pattern

But level of difficulty ---- DATS D QUESTION TO WATCH

Level of difficulty was same as CAT2006. So u can guess how was the paper by seeing CAT2006 paper. Although math was a little more tougher and Verbal a little more easy comparatively. DI was same level of difficulty.

thanks

I have been told that the papers are really bad and cutoffs are expected to be very low this year

di is the worst section, quant is a bouncer thing and verbal as usual is really tough

will post some more updates and talk about the sections as i get updated

This is what CL has to say:

CAT 2009 Day 1 Slot 1 (28th November) Career Launcher's CAT Blog

Please be more clear...

REPOST::::

Puys since its illegal to post questions here... you must not.

HOWEVER...

You can help us by telling the format... not the questions!!
As in..

1. VA-- 1.Question TYPE... Weightage of RC, grammar, and so on.
2. What in verbal.. as in homonyms, direct fill in the blanks, so and and so forth...
3. RC length, questions type--inference/detail, overall difficulty.

2. DI-- 1. More of logical based, data based, or what.
2. DS...if yes how much!!
3. Type of set.. as in tournament, family, so on so forth.

3. QA--- 1. Max. weightage to which section?
2. Level of difficulty.
3. Long calculation or small trick questions...

You get my point...

DON'T BREAK RULES... especially when you can easily go around them!!!

@Mods: I hope this is okay... please correct me if i am wrong!!!

those who took has something to say here it is

it was a gud experience 😁 difficulty level was very easy.....there were 60 qs ....20 in each section........options for the answers were 4 .....i dont know the marking pattern as we were not allowed for tutorial : there a problem occured in systems so we got late for 15-20 mins..........qa covered almost all topics except P&C; and probability 😁 (hope this i can tell 😐 ) mostly qs could solve just by baiscs ...va was manageable (if ur vocab is not so gud then also u dont need to worry smile) DI was also manageable.....it covered LR and DI and DS all eqally....check in process was really lengthy : guys dont get late coz compelte batch can b late if u r late...so try to reach atleast befor 1.30 hours. u will b provided 4 sheets for rough work .....u have to write down ur testing id(mentioned in ur admit card) on each paper..u r not allowed to bring anythng except voucher,photo id proof and admit card(u r not allowed to bring water bottle ,pen,pencil watch mobile etc)......thts it :D

edit: take it as a pinch and just relax official info will soon be out

Guys, reading through the thread it seems that the exam was not the same in this slot. One person says it was a SNAP level exam other says quant was above average to difficult. Guess PUYS must have given all the available sets during morning slot today !!!