Cass Admits/alumni

Hi Friends, I have seen in other posts that many have got offers from Cass. So I thought of creating a different thread exclusively for Cass Admits. I got an offer from Cass last week. Hope it would be helpful for all who are planning to jā€¦

Hi Friends,

I have seen in other posts that many have got offers from Cass. So I thought of creating a different thread exclusively for Cass Admits. I got an offer from Cass last week. Hope it would be helpful for all
who are planning to join Cass.

Who all have accepted the offer?
How are you guys planning to fund the education?
What all documents are required for visa interview?

This seems to be a good discussion

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/neone-for-cass-business-school-25028254

hey,
this is actually my first post..i have got an admit in MSc Banking and International Finance at CASS, m pretty optimistic about taking it as well though i wouldnt mind taking a second opinion..cus i m pretty keen on working in London after the course which i am aware would be a task..
well for my background i m a CFA and have also completed my MS finance, so this wud be my double masters.Currently m working for a corporate finance firm..
Has anyone heard about this course..? and is it as popular as the other MSc programs at CASS

congo there....hope to land into cass too! cheers...

Hi,

Can anybody throw light on the UK visa procedures? When should I apply and all that...

TIA,
Vicky

Well u can apply 3 months prior to the starting date of your course. For eg: if your school starts on sept 15, u can apply antime after june 15. Before that i doubt if u can put in your file for processing.

The MSc in Banking and International Finance is probably the top MSc at Cass, and I know many alumnis who landed jobs in investment banks during the last years after completing the master.

Hello,

For people who are joining Cass. Can you please let me know how u are going to manage the accomodation. The rooms are extremely expensive. Are all places in UK like this? Please let me know.

Thanks and Regards,
Vicky:nervous:

piermarcor Re: Cass Admits/alumni
The MSc in Banking and International Finance is probably the top MSc at Cass, and I know many alumnis who landed jobs in investment banks during the last years after completing the master.

Hey piermarcor... can you please share some of the insights with us, may be some data or examples u can quote. It will be great if u can...

As I have also got an offer for Cass MSc in Quant Finance...still have to decide on it though. I was sure in the beginning but later i found a few threads on IBTalk forums and on thestudentroom.co.uk as well, which made me worried actually.
I have done my engineering from a very reputed school in India and have a 3 years of work ex. 2 years as a software engineer and 1 year as a Business Analyst.I am worried because i'll be leaving my job for the course, so my decision depends heavily on the post course prospects or getting a job after the course, in London or anywhere else.
Any comments will highly be appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Gaurav

I did the MSc in Banking and International Finance at Cass in 2003/2004. That year, 1 graduate went to work to Lehman in Real Estate, 2 went to JP Morgan, 1 in derivatives sales and the other one in operations, 2 went to Morgan Stanley, in operations (1) and M&A; (1), 5 went to Deutsche Bank in equity derivatives sales (1), operations (3), strategy (1). 1 went to UBS wealth management, 1 to a fund of hedge funds, 1 to Man Investments in sales, 1 to Bloomberg, 1 to a recruiment company, 1 went to a Ukrainian investment bank, 1 went to work in IT in a financial services company, 2 went to greek investment banks, 1 to Barclays in corporate banking. I started working with a consulting firm in Italy, after a period in a canadian investment bank. Not sure what happened to the rest since I lost contacts with many. I know other people who did the MSc at CASS who also got very good jobs. I know of a girl who did a MSc in math trading and finance that went to work to DB as structurer. However, market conditions now are tighter than they were in late 2004, and it's true that even in 2004 the majority of the Indian community in my class ended up working in operations, which is not the best paid area, though they are in top tier investmnet banks. I hope this was helpful. Regards

Hi All,

Congrats on getting the offer from Cass.

I am going the accept the Msc in Investment Management Course Offer from Cass. There have been a lot of difference in opinion about the Cass Master's on the various discussion forums. (esp Ibtalk and studentroom.). But some of the people whom I have contacted say that Cass is well reputed among I-Bankers and being in London does help a lot.
is there ny1 here for the same course?.

Also, has ny1 decided on accomodation?.

Thank you all for insights abt Cass Master's and prospects.

Regards
Parag.

Hey everyone..

I have an offer from CASS for the Msc in International Accounting and Finance course for the coming september intake. I am extremely excited about the offer šŸ˜ƒ Can't wait to go... Though thr'e nothing changing my mind, i would love to hear your feedback about the course. I personally really like the course structure and believe that if i push hard, i should maage a job after the masters degree.

I hope to run into all of you guys in CASS ! Cya šŸ˜ƒ

hmmmm...nice....so crazy 123 u finally goin??lol....
and do u really wanna work after ur course??:)

piermarcor Says
I did the MSc in Banking and International Finance at Cass in 2003/2004. That year, 1 graduate went to work to Lehman in Real Estate, 2 went to JP Morgan, 1 in derivatives sales and the other one in operations, 2 went to Morgan Stanley, in operations (1) and M&A; (1), 5 went to Deutsche Bank in equity derivatives sales (1), operations (3), strategy (1). 1 went to UBS wealth management, 1 to a fund of hedge funds, 1 to Man Investments in sales, 1 to Bloomberg, 1 to a recruiment company, 1 went to a Ukrainian investment bank, 1 went to work in IT in a financial services company, 2 went to greek investment banks, 1 to Barclays in corporate banking. I started working with a consulting firm in Italy, after a period in a canadian investment bank. Not sure what happened to the rest since I lost contacts with many. I know other people who did the MSc at CASS who also got very good jobs. I know of a girl who did a MSc in math trading and finance that went to work to DB as structurer. However, market conditions now are tighter than they were in late 2004, and it's true that even in 2004 the majority of the Indian community in my class ended up working in operations, which is not the best paid area, though they are in top tier investmnet banks. I hope this was helpful. Regards

Thanks a ton piermarcor, :), I think you are also coming there again for your MBA.. hope to see you there :)
Cheers

You are welcome šŸ˜ƒ I have my interview with Cass tomorrow, I am bit nervous, let's hope it goes well!!!

The interview went very well, I was told I will be recommended for admission!! I should know the final answer in 2 weeks. I was interviewed by Miss Julie Verity. The interview was informal and very pleasant. She asked me why I wanted to do an MBA, considering I already had an MSc, what kind of unique qualities I will be able to bring to the class, a question about leadership, what I thought about group studying and group courseworks, and some other general questions. Overall, it was great šŸ˜ƒ

Hi guys..this is my first post on pagalguy. Congrats on the admits and good luck to everyone applying/awaiting interview calls/results :)

I've been offered a place in the M.Sc Investment Management course.

I did my undergrad in NTU, Singapore, in Electronics and have been working for Borland software since graduation.

Yeah I also heard a lot of conflicting reviews. But I enquired with one of my friends, who works as a trader here in Barclays and his peers gave a decent review about the school. I'm also awaiting an interview from M.Sc Financial Engineering from NTU. But I feel London has much better prospects for finance than Singapore. Mainstream i-banking is still nascent over here. So I'm also thinking of taking up the course.

Hi Parag, I was thinking of applying for accomodation at Francis Rowley Court. But the price is like 118.65 per week. Anyways, I just sent them the form telling them I want a room there from Sept 1st. I'm yet to accept the admission offer though.

Pranay, I didn't see any dorm room for postgraduates listed for 350 per month or anywhere close to that figure at their accommodations page. Licence Periods and Prices for Halls of Residence
- City University London

Hi srikanth1983, congratz on your admission!

I know a person who did the MSc in Investment Management, she now works in a fund of hedge funds, not sure how she rated the course though.

About the flat, if you are unable to get accomodation in a dorm room provided by Cass, you can always look for flat shares. I used to live in Shoreditch (an area very close to Cass) back then, when I did my MSc at Cass, I had a beautiful (though a bit small) room in a new flat for just over 400 pounds, and was living with city professionals.
You can look for flat shares in many websites, for example:
flatsharedirect.com - search the top flatshare sites, FlatmateClick - flatmate, flatshare, houseshare and rooms to rent..., and there are many magazines in London with ads for flat shares.

Good luck to you!

Hi guys..this is my first post on pagalguy. Congrats on the admits and good luck to everyone applying/awaiting interview calls/results :)

I've been offered a place in the M.Sc Investment Management course.

I did my undergrad in NTU, Singapore, in Electronics and have been working for Borland software since graduation.

Yeah I also heard a lot of conflicting reviews. But I enquired with one of my friends, who works as a trader here in Barclays and his peers gave a decent review about the school. I'm also awaiting an interview from M.Sc Financial Engineering from NTU. But I feel London has much better prospects for finance than Singapore. Mainstream i-banking is still nascent over here. So I'm also thinking of taking up the course.

Hi Parag, I was thinking of applying for accomodation at Francis Rowley Court. But the price is like 118.65 per week. Anyways, I just sent them the form telling them I want a room there from Sept 1st. I'm yet to accept the admission offer though.

Pranay, I didn't see any dorm room for postgraduates listed for 350 per month or anywhere close to that figure at their accommodations page. Licence Periods and Prices for Halls of Residence
- City University London

Well, I too have an admit for the MSc in Investment Management Program. With what I have read Cass's reputation in the financial world of London is excellent. Also Srikanth I guess globally Cass has a better rep than NTU's Business School. The only thing that is worrying me is the cost of the whole course. Anyway I am waiting to hear from a few other schools, so haven't taken a decision yet. Will keep you guys posted about my decision.

Regards