Case of misleading advertisement against MFC/MBE

Hello puys…all those who hav been ditched by MFC/MBE dis year…I’m giving u a platform to fight…I just chekd d prospectus issued by a MFC nd it clearl;y says shortlisting will be done on basis of CAT score+Grad %…however they have taken CAT+…

Hello puys....all those who hav been ditched by MFC/MBE dis year..I'm giving u a platform to fight...I just chekd d prospectus issued by a MFC nd it clearl;y says shortlisting will be done on basis of CAT score+Grad %..however they have taken CAT+HSC+SSC...it forms a clear case of misleading advertisement and we can challenge this in the court of law..here is a link to the prospectus through which you can go through and confirm

http://mfc.edu/MFC-ADMISSION%20BROCHURE-2011.pdf

We can either ask for a new shortlist or refund of our money..i'll consult a legal person/lawyer soon regarding this and get back to you ASAP...till then please post your opinions so that I can know how many of you are interested in this

Mods:Plz dnt close this thread..let it be an exclusive thread for initiating the protest against MFC,MBE....aspirants who didnt get a call wud hav stopped visiting the previous threads

Not able to open the link.. can someone say what was the procedure..? and what wrong has the college done.. please.. in brief only..

chek out d 1st link nd download d prospectus...d wrong done by the clg has been mentioned in my post...I've also made an onlien complaint to ASCI and forwaded a copy to MFC...lets c wat reply I get

I Support your endeavor dude....
Me too in the same boat as u...
CAT OA 99.23...All sectionals above 94..
Yet no call...
These institutes need to be taught a lesson...
Overnight frivalous criterias have become the norm this year...
Nd mfc sadly is an example...
however lets fight till the end....

actualy I had gracefully accepted d criteria bcause as a academic institution i feel dey hav right to chosse d candidates as per deir own will...however wierd d criteria maybe..but here dey r completely making a fool out of us..in d adv dey say CAT+grad will be used..nw dey fix 90 as cut-off in 10,12...its ridiculous

Selection Procedure
The shortlisting of the candidates for admission to the MFC
and MBE Programmes will be done on the basis of their results
in the CAT Examination (conducted by IIMs). Candidates will
be shortlisted on the basis of CAT percentiles and percentage
marks scored at the graduation level.
The short listed candidates shall be called for Group
Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) and final selection
will be based on CAT Scores, marks scored in GD and PI as
well as marks scored in Class X and Class XII Examinations.
Rahul Sood Says
actualy I had gracefully accepted d criteria bcause as a academic institution i feel dey hav right to chosse d candidates as per deir own will...however wierd d criteria maybe..but here dey r completely making a fool out of us..in d adv dey say CAT+grad will be used..nw dey fix 90 as cut-off in 10,12...its ridiculous

We have a water tight case here...go ahead..create awareness...let they be careful henceforth in misleading and duping students....

Yeah i'm waiting for ASCI's response..will consult some legal persons and people in field of consumer awareness about dis thru dis week...lets see whr dis goes...

yeah man... i got 97.66 with individual more den 91 nd yet dey didnt call me,,,,i guess its more or less d same case for many f us...i think its us who should nw take dis initiative nd teach dem a lesson

well done Rahul by bringing up this point.... u can join us in our endeavour to nail the IIMs and MFC befits the case....here is the quote from the MFC prospectus...

"The shortlisting of the candidates for admission to the MFC
and MBE Programmes will be done on the basis of their results
in the CAT Examination (conducted by IIMs). Candidates will
be shortlisted on the basis of CAT percentiles and percentage
marks scored at the graduation level."

We can file a writ petition immediately.....what say guys....Rahul plz pm me ur no. and others too and join the discussion here too.....

http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/details-of-99-percentilers-who-have-not-recvd-any-calls-from-iims-for-ht-interview-25062701

those who couldn't open the brochure of MFC here is the link:
http://mfc.edu/MFC-ADMISSION%20BROCHURE-2011.pdf

it is a clear violation and worse even., as MFC has stated it will use the graduation score+CAT score and back tracks here....
lawyer and all are almost finalised....I request u all to join the thread mentioned above and plz pm me ur details... by the weeks end we are filing a writ petition and a PIL too...and the lawyer has suggested go for individual writs and co petitioners.... and dont worry about the costs... are efficient team is taking care of it... and we have huge support base.....plz join there

if u all agree, we all can go together to the MFC dept. at south delhi campus and hand over our petition directly to the admission dept. of their negligence/lapse in giving out GDPI calls

hw will that help buddy??...in a reply to my mail dey hav already said that they hav a right to change the criteria at any point of time as per their need...though I'm ready for this anytime after 10th march...as I'm in chd ryt nw...will be in delhi 4m 11th-20th march

well yes,,,they have this right to change the criteria...Am on for it,but i mean are you sure...this will really help??

What exactly is the line of action that we can take ?

if tenth and twelfth were so important then cat, then I believe there was no requirement of taking CAT, they should have shortlisted on basis of SSC and HSC. Funny at the same time frustrating.

Guys anyone writing tenth and twelfth next year ?

Rahul Sood Says
hw will that help buddy??...in a reply to my mail dey hav already said that they hav a right to change the criteria at any point of time as per their need...though I'm ready for this anytime after 10th march...as I'm in chd ryt nw...will be in delhi 4m 11th-20th march

Well I have just mailed to the admission dept. of MFC and Mr. C.P. Gupta regarding the same.

where have they mentioned before hand that they have the right to change the criteria at any time they need? Its not mentioned in the prospectus.....and I dont think this criteria can just be changed when the procedure for admission is going on. If they have mentioned it in their prospectus or anywhere else or in the admission form then its fine... if u can dig out any info it wud be gr8.......

puys..in d meantime u cn probably mail ur angst to MFC,make online complaints on govt's consumer websites and ASCI...nd by end of dis week after legal consultation i shall be able to tell u if goign forward with this is really worthwhile or not..but I feel we have sufficient proof to make a case against them...dye myt nt change deir criteria...but wud certainly hav to return d money of all applicants which in itself wud be a big enough blow to make them cautious next tym...lets hope for the best

Well I have just mailed to the admission dept. of MFC and Mr. C.P. Gupta regarding the same.

where have they mentioned before hand that they have the right to change the criteria at any time they need? Its not mentioned in the prospectus.....and I dont think this criteria can just be changed when the procedure for admission is going on. If they have mentioned it in their prospectus or anywhere else or in the admission form then its fine... if u can dig out any info it wud be gr8.......

it's not mentioned anywhere on their site/prospectus..i've check it thoroughly thrice
instinctivefist Says
What exactly is the line of action that we can take ?

See in the case of IIMs thee is a complete legitimate case out there that each IIM did not declare their eligibility criteria before the exam and the eligibility mentioned after the exam renders most of the candidates ineligible for admission even before they score 100%ile in CAT.

In case of MFC, in the prospectus they have clearly mentioned that CAT+graduation marks will be used. So they must stick to it. Now if they have aright to change the selection procedure even during the time when the process is on, when they have not mentioned the same in the prospectus is a gross mistake on their part and a befitting legal case for writ petition. See they are institutes built and run on tax payers' so they ought to be accountable. Even if they are right that they can change the shortlisting criteria, still as candidates we can file a writ petition and challenge their decision. A govt. institute can't just run on whims and fancies especially when it is not an autonomous insti.
I guess guys w all go for a writ petition and nail MFC on this ground.