Carlson 2009 Aspirants

Hello ppl, I couldn’t find a thread for University of Minnesota’s, Carlson School’s, MBA program commencing Fall 2009, so here goes. My profile: GMAT: 700 WE: 2+ yrs as of now Acads: Strong EC: Quite Strong I am in processing o…

Hello ppl,
I couldn't find a thread for University of Minnesota's, Carlson School's, MBA program commencing Fall 2009, so here goes.

My profile:
GMAT: 700
WE: 2+ yrs as of now
Acads: Strong
EC: Quite Strong

I am in processing of submitting my application for the December 1st deadline. I'd be happy to see some replies and lots of activity in this thread.

Rohit

PS: Moderator, if there is already a thread for Carlson 2009, please let us know.

Hi,
I have applied to carlson in the dec 1 deadline also. my profile:
Work ex 30 months as of today in the manufacturing sector (projects department)
acads- decent
community service- decent
GMAT- 690 (v-36, q-48, AWA- 5.5)
TOEFL- 110

if u hear from the school pls do let me know.

Good to see your post. Will keep you updated on any status change or intimation. And you dun come under the IIM pool, your a little lucky there;)

Rohit.

Hey guys,
anyone out there who's been interviewed for Carlson.
Please share your experiences.
I have mine scheduled for tomorrow!

Rohit,
U have a call from kelley as well rite? when did u submit ur kelley app?
any call from carlson?

Hey guys,

Rohit,
any call from carlson?

Hey,
Yeah Kelley interview I have scheduled for Dec 16th. So waiting for that. Submitted my application on the 13th of Nov or so. Got an email notification sometime last week for the interview.

Carlson, my application is not complete still. My transcripts are unfortunately stuck with customs. The Speed Post guys are working on getting it through. Also my TOEFL scores havent reached. I dunno why, I sent it on Nov 19th, still hasn't reached. So until my application gets complete i dun think i will have any progress with the application.

Rohit.
Hey guys,

Rohit,
any call from carlson?

Hi Jayeeta,
Could you pls share your profile too. Also pls let us know of your interview experiences.
Im looking for R2, my profile is below.
GMAT : 710, Ex-2.5 yrs(IT).

Regards,
Ashish

yeah even i had trouble with my TOEFL scores for Carlson. I think its one of the few schools where the scores are sent by post rather than the electronic mode. hence it takes 3-5 weeks for them to receive the scores, which actually makes it a hassle for us applicants.

well...i got an interview invite before i completed by application. i had just submitted my GMAT score & resume. will keep u guys posted abt the interview.

My profile:
W.E - 6+ yrs
GMAT - 660

- Jayeeta

My transcripts finally reached. But TOEFL not yet.. any updates from ur side guys?

Rohit

My transcripts finally reached. But TOEFL not yet.. any updates from ur side guys?

Rohit

Rohit, Just a casual question: How many schools are u apping to? I see u in many schools man: Kelley, Carlson, Cornell, ......?
sunilchanchlani Says
Rohit, Just a casual question: How many schools are u apping to? I see u in many schools man: Kelley, Carlson, Cornell, ......?

lol, actually 7 univs.

duke got a ding already. apart from that it is

Cornell
UNC KFBS
Kelley
Carlson
Moore
ASU

rohit.
Hey guys,

Rohit,
any call from carlson?

Hi Jayeeta,
How did the carlson interview go? Please post your experiences. I just got an invitation to interview. Have to schedule one now. Looking forward to your tips for the interview, and also questions asked.

Rohit.

Hi Rohit,
the interview was smooth...nothing to worry abt.
The usual questions were asked:
why MBA? Why Carlson? short & long term goals.
but she did dig deeper into whatever i said. she needed specifics for everything. but no question stumped me....overall it was ok.
when r u scheduling the interview? isnt the uni closed for christmas now?
ATB !!

Hi Jayeetha,

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Can you please elaborate how you have answered why carlson question? Just wanted to know in what specialities Carlson is strong and the speciality you are looking to study at carlson..

Thanks,
Bharath

Hi Rohit,
the interview was smooth...nothing to worry abt.
The usual questions were asked:
why MBA? Why Carlson? short & long term goals.
but she did dig deeper into whatever i said. she needed specifics for everything. but no question stumped me....overall it was ok.
when r u scheduling the interview? isnt the uni closed for christmas now?
ATB !!

Hi Jayeeta,
Thanks for your reply. I got the mail only on Friday, so i replied to that, asking for anytime this week. If not possible, i guess they'll reply accordingly, and then ill have to schedule it for Jan first week sometime.

Rohit.
Hi Jayeetha,

Thanks for sharing your interview experience. Can you please elaborate how you have answered why carlson question? Just wanted to know in what specialities Carlson is strong and the speciality you are looking to study at carlson..

Thanks,
Bharath

Bharath,
two things that define carlson are
1. the enterprises - they are very proud of this initiative
2. international study trip - I quite liked this concept
more details can be fetched from the website.

-Jayeeta

Thanks for sharing the insights Jayeeta... All the best for your admission to Carlson..

-Bharath

Bharath,
two things that define carlson are
1. the enterprises - they are very proud of this initiative
2. international study trip - I quite liked this concept
more details can be fetched from the website.

-Jayeeta

Hi Jayeeta,
A couple of questions regarding the interview.

1. who all r there for the interview?
2. we call them or they call us?
3. how long does it last?

Rohit.

Rohit,
The interview was conducted by someone from the adcom. her name was either tracy/stephanie....don't remember. I was interviewed by someone different from the one mentioned in the mail, so dont quite recall now.
the interview was approx 55mins, but she took almost 15-20 mins telling me of the various features of the school & answeing my questions.
& yeah....the interviewer called me. it can work either ways depending on ur convinience.
Hope this helps. dont worry...it was a very chilled out experience.
let me know when u r scheduled for urs.

- Jayeeta

Rohit,
The interview was conducted by someone from the adcom. her name was either tracy/stephanie....don't remember. I was interviewed by someone different from the one mentioned in the mail, so dont quite recall now.
the interview was approx 55mins, but she took almost 15-20 mins telling me of the various features of the school & answeing my questions.
& yeah....the interviewer called me. it can work either ways depending on ur convinience.
Hope this helps. dont worry...it was a very chilled out experience.
let me know when u r scheduled for urs.

- Jayeeta

Hey Jayeeta,
Thanks for the info. I surely shall post once I confirm my appointment for the interview. Mostly will be after new years, in the week of Jan 5th.

Rohit.