Career path

hi this is suresh and i am new to this site and it was nice to hear people helping each other here. i have overall 34 months of work ex in the fields of construction and IT, i completed my10th in 2004 with 76.8% and after that done my diploma in c…

hi this is suresh and i am new to this site and it was nice to hear people helping each other here. i have overall 34 months of work ex in the fields of construction and IT, i completed my10th in 2004 with 76.8% and after that done my diploma in civil engineering in andhra pradesh with 79.8% and work in bihar for 9months and after that onsite experience in qatar for 11months.After that came back to india for studying btech and completed btech from jntu with 60.8% in Information Technology. Could you please suggest me how much %le is enough for me to get into decent mba college , why i am asking this coz i came to know experience matters for entering into mba colleges. And please suggest me some books for preparation coz am not that gud in mathematics. Am giving cat this 2013 for the first time and am preparing well within my sources my ultimate goal is to crack the exam in 2014. Thanks in advance

Hi @suresh1204 , first of let me welcome to Pagalguy. First couple of things. I don't think, this is the right part of the forum to post this query, and also it would be much easier for people to comprehend what you have written, if you can use paragraphs.

Anyway, first of all, you need to be clear on what you mean by entering a decent college. That definition, itself will change the scores that will be required. There are many rankings available across the net, including PG rankings etc, which will show you which are the best programmes.

To be frank, I still don't think, work-ex helps that much in the Indian MBA scenario, though, yes, a large number of schools are taking people with workex.

There are lots of books available for CAT and other exam preparations, but since, I have been out of this for last 2 years, I wouldn't be the right person to answer this. Maybe someone else will be able to help you out. Also searching in forums directly related to CAT will give you better access to people involved in preparation, that posting in here.

Anyway, all the best for CAT and MBA preps.