career in logistics......

I finished my PGDM-Operations and supplychain Mgt. i got place in Transport Corporation of India Ltd. i will join with TCI in june as logistics officer.I am happy to get into logistics sector which i’m interested in. But my package is very less co…

I finished my PGDM-Operations and supplychain Mgt. i got place in Transport Corporation of India Ltd. i will join with TCI in june as logistics officer.I am happy to get into logistics sector which i'm interested in. But my package is very less compared to my friends who got placed in banks, software field, marketing, .etc., How will my career growth will be in logistics sector. Hw should i make myself ready? kindly guide me....

You are right.

@ramb4u - You are joining a matured organization wherein systems & processes would be at certain standards. Try enriching your experience and learn the core logistics. TCI being a diversified LSP throws opportunity of understanding logistics requirement of clients from different domain such as infra, retail, telecom etc.
Thereupon, you can move to a mid size firm and manage end to end logistics needs. You may expect significant change in your work profile and benefits.
@ivyctor2010 i got in tvs logistics also.... wat shld i chooose?

Do compare offers on below parameter

Role -
Which part of business you would be handling, division you are hired for is growing or not, what is the reporting structure, try to understand growth prospects from time horizon of 1-2 years
Job location -
Check if job requires you to travel and whether you would like that or not, Is there any preferred location
Package-
I guess you would already have compared this
Feedback from employees-
Nothing helps more than talking to people who are into TCI/TVS in similar profile

If you are comfortable in sharing few aspects of both offers, we can suggest further.

Hi,

Currently I am working as Marine Engineer with a reputed shipping company. It has been 3 years, and I am earning around 3500 USD/month now. But now i plan to switch career. I need guidance from your regarding this. I am in a situation where any comment/suggestion/advice will matter a lot.

1. I plan to do MBA in Logistics and Supply chain management / or / Ship and port management. What according to you is better option. or if their is any third option plz let me know.

2. What are the universities that are considered good for these courses...

3. How are the career prospects (if anyone has experience)....

Thanx