Career in Humanities

http://www.iitb.ac.in/academic/rsrchprgm.html Research Programmes at IITB offer PhD in Humanities and also Industrial Engineering & Operations apart from traditional subjects like Physics.I am interested in pursuing a PhD in one of t…

Research Programmes at IITB offer PhD in Humanities and also Industrial Engineering & Operations apart from traditional subjects like Physics.
I am interested in pursuing a PhD in one of the above fields.
I am an Engineering student working in IT for past 3 years.

So,
1. Am I eligible with B.tech degree, no GATE score?
2. What are my chances considering I have no research to show except my final year engineering project.
3. enough time to prepare for entrance test? especially since I have been out of touch with academic subjects for past 3 years.
4. Where can i get sample test papers and study material for the above subjects?
5. How difficult is it to get admitted for PhD programs at IITs?

Thanks in advance!

Also, what are the non-teaching career options for humanities?

The Institute of Applied Science and Humanities is a very famous department of GLA University. It is very well known for its Undergraduate course B Sc(Hons.) Biotechnology and B Sc(Hons.)PCM. The academic result of the Institute is very high. It has a high quality of education which is remarkable all over. The institute is the pioneer in giving placements to the students of Applied Sciences and Humanities. University trains the students as industry ready products.