Career in equity research & entering brokerage firms

hi i m planning to settle in Mumbai to buiild my career in equity research. i wanted to know if the equity research work done by indian retail brokerage firms like motilalal oswal, angel broking is done only in mumbai? because they have branches a…

hi i m planning to settle in Mumbai to buiild my career in equity research. i wanted to know if the equity research work done by indian retail brokerage firms like motilalal oswal, angel broking is done only in mumbai? because they have branches all over india? or the their work is done by other brnches also in places like delhi?

Also equity research analyst jobs are not posted by most of retail brokerage firms on their website, so which is the right way to approach them?

Hi Ishan,

Retail brokers like Motilal Oswal, Angel Broking, Edelweiss etc. do have equity research positions. Best is you can try to contact HR person by calling or through linkedin. Most of the work is done by Mumbai offices. Better to look for opportunity over here.

Quant Master Academy

thanx for reply.appreciate it.

i also wanted to tlk about my background. i have done 2 master degrees.

1)Master in accounting(cpa) 2) M.com finance both from australia. though i got just 60% for both the degrees. How will brokerage houses & kpo's look at this qualification ? Even if i dont have any experience in equity research should i shift to mumbai and then start search for er jobs or apply from here?