Career Dilemma : MBA vs IAS

I am an Associate Software Engineer @Accenture, working in Pune. Started work this year in Feb.I did my graduation in BTech from CSE background, and got placed in this company through campus selection,though an IT job isnt really my thing.Some…

I am an Associate Software Engineer @Accenture, working in Pune. Started work this year in Feb.

I did my graduation in BTech from CSE background, and got placed in this company through campus selection,though an IT job isnt really my thing.
Some might call it looking too far ahead but I want to start preparing for my next career move: should it be IAS,the ever awe-inspiring,power-laden job or the six+ figured job that post-MBA has to offer,after acquiring at least 2 years work ex from this job?
I have been a sincere student/worker all my life and scored 90% in HSC and 83% in SSC and 77% in graduation(lol for the decline 😛 )I am 21 yrs old right now.
I am really stumped about choosing between the two : I know for a fact that I can prepare well for a verbal-laden exam like GMAT/CAT easily,given that I have,forgive my seeming lack of modesty,outstanding English skills...but 5 or 10 years down the MBA line I dont want to think "what would have happened if I had gone for IAS?"
But that ^ isnt an easy question to follow through...it will be deciding between two very different paths. IF i prepare for IAS right now-I think i will be able to give 4 hours each day and double that on weekends-I will be giving up on preparing for a relatively easier path of GMAT/CAT.Also, IAS prep isnt an easy thing : it requires a vast field of knowledge as compared to,say,the verbal and maths limited GMAT.My working as a Software engineer wont make it easier.
Dunno if its related or not,but my parents secretly harbor a desire for me to be an IAS-my father is a PCS and I have a decent idea of how Govt jobs work,seeing him at it for the past 30+ years.
I want to make the right decision,and seeing some very intelligent and thoughtful past replies on this site,I seek help from you,the Community !
Thanks,in advance,for taking time out to help a fellow in a big dilemma!