Career Avenues MoCAT - 2 -Discussions and Analysis

Hi Friends, the deadline for submitting our score is over.So we can pour with our attempts ,analysis and tips. About me.nothing great. Attempts Section 1 - 24 A 18 C 6 W Score - 16.5 Section 2 - 35 A 26 C 9 W Score - 23.75 Sect…

Are wah Rohit babu!!! Badhiya haiiiiiiii

great initiative pal,

here I foloow the footmarks of legends,

Qnt - 18 (i know this is pathetic since I gave only 25 min...but neways that was by choice so no regrets )
DI/DS/LR - 38
Eng - 34

Looking for score...hope it doesn't beat my expectedly worst, at least. How much did u score Rohit...Amit has already uploaded keys here

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/showthread.php?p=252552#post252552

will be back after checking my score...for more discussion

ATB

here I foloow the footmarks of legends,

Qnt - 18 (i know this is pathetic since I gave only 25 min...but neways that was by choice so no regrets )
DI/DS/LR - 38
Eng - 34

For a second I thought that was your score! 😃 Anyway how much did you score, now that the keys are out ?

@Amit - I have couple of doubts

43 - IMO answer should be 4
the 2 lines given are perpendicular to each other. We do not know the bisector is parallel to x axis or y axis. therefore the slope cannot be determined..

149 - IMO answer should be 1
Brown jackets blue tie goes and option 2 gives us red tie which doesnot match with info given in the question

Plz clarify Thanks

q 17 ans shud be 4th option instead of 3rd

q 20 ans shud be 4th option instead of 2nd

q 47 ans has to be 3 noway nyother option can be answer

shall i give explanation or janta khud samajh jaayegi.....my score is 58.25 so far it wud be 62

if these errata get removed frm answer key....chalo cya nad all the best ppl:) 😃 😃 😃

MavericK Says
For a second I thought that was your score! 😃 Anyway how much did you score, now that the keys are out ?

so, finally i m the "shikar" of ur sarca-ha-sm

well scores are,

DI - 30 Right 8 Wrong ----- Score - 28.00
Maths - 17 Right 2 wrong ---Score - 16.5
"Angrezi" - 25 Right 9 Wrong --- Score - 22.75
TOTAL - 67.25

Edit: Generally editing the post really sux - this time I feel the best wenever i come to edit my score...i gotta go to doctor and get my vision checked tomm morning

My luck has potential of beating my expectedly worst outcome even:wow:

Looking forward to Test 3:huh:

Man i ***** up the paper really bad!!!
The height of irony...the section DI which is my personal favourite has left me dumbstruck. I think I got baffled by the options of the DS part(jumbled up DS options got me)
Neways my score
QA
21 Correct 7 Wrong Total 19.25
EU
28 Correct 11 Wrong Total 25.25:x
DI
15 Correct 12 Wrong Total 12
(Hope I did not miscalculate)

And I am so irritated that do not intend to calculate Total

Got screwed up this time also...:huh:

QA: correct:13 wrong: 3 score: 12.25
VA: correct: 24 wrong: 5 score: 22.75
DI: correct: 18 wrong: 3 score: 17.25
Total score: 52.25
feeling frustrated................ :x

Hi,

MoCAT-2 was a shade easier than MoCAT-1. Once more we were taken back to the 50-50-50 pattern. Taking quants first :

Quants:

The difficulty level was the same as the CAT 2004 Quants section. Some of the sitters which should have been cracked are :1,2,5,6,7,8,10,14,15,21,32,37-40,45,47,49,50.
The key to clear the cutoff in this section would be to not spend too much time on any particular question as there were a number of sitters evenly distributed. Good students will should easily score a 19+ in this section . The cutoff for this section should not exceed 12
Verbal/RC:

This section was a standard one except for the syllogisms. I strongly believe an RC would have been a better bet than the syllogisms. The parajumbles were slightly cumbersome and time consuming, while 51-55 were totally greek and latin to me..
A good score in this section will be 25+. Cutoff should be in the range 18-20
DI/LR/DS:

This DI section was easier than that of CAT 2004. DI caselets which one could have attempted are 107-112, 113-118,125-130. The DS was slightly tricky and required careful selection of the questions. A wise strategy would be to allocate 20-25 mins to DI , 10-13 mins to DS and 5-6 mins to the individual LR questions. While a good score would be somewheere around 24, cutoff for this section is likely to be in the range 14-16.

Overall cutoff for this paper is likely to be in the range 58-62 ( for 3+ IIM calls)

cheers,

:)

This performance has been below expectations on the quant side .. my weakest section . while i analysed the paper i realised it was loaded with sitters still managed to do only the tougher ones and got royally zapped. I take a lot time understanding the questions in the quant section . i have started maintaining a book in which i note down the diff types of sums in a particular chapter . to help me with this prob .... any other suggestions:)

My scores are

QA : 7:wow:
VA : 23.25
DI : 23.75

Total : 54:whatthat:

Looking forward to the next MoCat

i guess i have got the least till now ....

Qa: 7
Eng : 17.25
DI : 26.5

Total : 50.75

Well the option for Q 60 in English ,, the answer given is 1 , but that doesent match ...... Amit if u can clarify on that

cool initiative....keep it going....all the best to everyone..let us bell the cat

are the detailed solutions put up anywhere?

ekharabanda Says
Well the option for Q 60 in English ,, the answer given is 1 , but that doesent match ...... Amit if u can clarify on that

it matches .. !! the ans given is ADC. if u read the carefully thn u'll realise tht the order of the statements doesnt matter.

read the option as ACD rather than ADC.

tata
Hi,

MoCAT-2 was a shade easier than MoCAT-1. Once more we were taken back to the 50-50-50 pattern. Taking quants first :

Quants:

The cutoff for this section should not exceed 12
Verbal/RC:

A good score in this section will be 25+. Cutoff should be in the range 18-20
DI/LR/DS:

While a good score would be somewheere around 24, cutoff for this section is likely to be in the range 14-16.

Overall cutoff for this paper is likely to be in the range 58-62 ( for 3+ IIM calls)

cheers,

:)

Hey Anupam

This analysis reminds me of the TIME analysis of their AIMCATs 😃

Abt Q 56.

Choice 1 doesnt seem convincing

All executives are managers => executives being a subset of a larger set - managers

All executives are paid well does not necessary imply All managers are paid well

I think had the sentence been Only executives are managers then the option holds true.

EDIT: Didnt read the instructions carefully - "Choose the option in which the statements are logically related i.e. where one of them is logically derived from the other two"

Abt Q 56.

Choice 1 doesnt seem convincing

All executives are managers => executives being a subset of a larger set - managers

All executives are paid well does not necessary imply All managers are paid well

I think had the sentence been Only executives are managers then the option holds true.

in ques it is written where 1 of them is derived logically frm other 2....normally the

questionasks for third statement to be derived frm 1st 2...so here there is lil difference hence

the answer is correct....:) 😃
it matches .. !! the ans given is ADC. if u read the carefully thn u'll realise tht the order of the statements doesnt matter.

read the option as ACD rather than ADC.

tata

I think the order of statements does matter ACD and ADC are not the same

Case 1 : ACD

A. All those good at Maths are good at English
C. Raju is good at Maths
D. Raju is good at English

ACD is a logical conclusion.

Case 2: ADC

A. All those good at Maths are good at English
D. Raju is good at English
C. Raju is good at Maths

Statement A imposes a condition where X leads to Y and not vice versa. All those good at English need not necessarily be good at Maths. This cannot be concluded firmly.

EDIT: hey thanks kool. Not reading the instructions carefully has resulted in getting most of these questions wrong. So chsweez ACD or ADC in this case is the same. This applies to my earlier post too. Pardon my ignorance 😃

hi guys,
this is my first mock test....
my scores were as follows:
Quant : +18 -1
DI/DS/LR : +14 -5
Verbal : +17 -5

Total : 45.33

I feel the verbal section in CAT wud not be as easy at that of yesterday's test....

EDIT: hey thanks kool. Not reading the instructions carefully has resulted in getting most of these questions wrong. So chsweez ACD or ADC in this case is the same. This applies to my earlier post too. Pardon my ignorance :)

thts okay. actually i wasnt very clear in my earlier post.