Career advise if an employee has absconding case against him

Hello All, I have been working in a company for 8 months(3 years back). Due to some working issues I wanted to resign the company but the HR was not allowing me to do so. So I absconded. Now last year I read in newspaper, stating this person nee…

Hello All,
I have been working in a company for 8 months(3 years back). Due to some working issues I wanted to resign the company but the HR was not allowing me to do so. So I absconded. Now last year I read in newspaper, stating this person needed to be present in court as we have filled a case against him or pay 5 lac INR. A big photo was also pasted in newspaper. The address of court was also mention in it. I hired a lawyer and presented our documents in court. Now nothing is moving. The case is still registered. Now I have offer of new company with me. In Background check they also want history of pending cases. What should I do? I cant disclose this to new company as I told them that I wasnt working at all in that 8 months period. How can I get rid of this case? Can anyone suggest me some ways to get out of this case mess? any good lawyers?