Career Advice

Hi All, Looking forward for your advices to take few decisions. Presently I am working with a reputed firm as Associate Consultant Financials in Oracle ERP applications. I joined this firm as a fresher, after Btech and its been 5 years n…

Hi All,

Looking forward for your advices to take few decisions.

Presently I am working with a reputed firm as Associate Consultant Financials in Oracle ERP applications. I joined this firm as a fresher, after Btech and its been 5 years now. I was in UK for last 1.5 years and have come to India now, after finishing assignment.

Considering my work ex, my salary is very less as compared to my peers at the same work ex. Even though I was being paid good while abroad, but after coming back to India I realize that my India salary is too less.

During my first 3 years of job i was working as technical consultant (coding etc), but from past 2 years (inc UK), I have worked more on functional domain in financials (business meetings, documentation, set ups, less of coding).

From what I have observed, a financials functional consultant needs to have either MBA in finance or CA (or eqvt PG). This is where I feel helpless when I look out for jobs.
Even though I have been functional from past 2 years, I am not getting too many job offers in functional domain (this is where all my interest is). Most companies ask for MBA or CA for this sort of position or around 8 years exp.

Now, I am planning to go for Executive Full time MBA from a reputed institute as I am inclined towards working on a consultant role where I can provide business methods etc. I feel I need bit more exposure and knowledge in this field which MBA can provide me.

The other option would be to carry on with job and wait to get more experience but i am not sure whether it would be worth it..

so job or mba?

and also what sort of options i have for executive mba (india only as I have financial constraint)?

Can any experienced person guide me pls.

How does one figure out which is the best MBA for one? I am a graduate in journalism from University of Delhi. With about two years of work-ex as a reporter and a deskie, I have realised two things, this profession excites me but I dont see myself reaching the altar. (I dont like editing/desk and production work). Please help.

Puys help me outi am an agri engg paseed out in 2011 , thereafter i worked with M & M for 15 months and laid off afterwards , after 6 months struggling 2 find a job in Tractor industry i started preparing for CAT n MBA exams and kept IBPS as an backup , now i am allted Union bank and have also converted IMTG-marketing and XIM-B(Rural Management) and still waiting fr other results. Which one should i go for considering the 15 lakhs fees of IMTG and tough market conditions. Doing MBA is what i desire as it wud let me earn money and lead a good life

hy guys
i want to go in govt sector after my pgdm
so plzz tell me that AIU affilation is required for that or not