Career Advice : MiM vs MBA

Thanks a tonne for taking out time to read. Myself Abhinav. Working in the US Mutinational Cognizant Technology Solutions as an Information Security Analyst since last 15 Months. I am planning to pursue a Masters in Management from some …

Thanks a tonne for taking out time to read.

Myself Abhinav. Working in the US Mutinational Cognizant Technology Solutions as an Information Security Analyst since last 15 Months. I am planning to pursue a Masters in Management from some of the Universities abroad. According to Financial Times, the Top-Ranked Universities encompass the likes of IE Business School, HEC Paris, ESCP Europe, St. Gallen's School etc. But with the economic condition in Europe apparently bleak and language constraint being a decisive factor, it puts me in-a-fix whether to opt for a Non-EU college or go for these top drawer colleges come-what-may ?

I have put in some intensive research, primarily on my own and through a bit of counseling as well, and learnt some other safer options viz. UCD Michael Smurfit, Trinity Business School, MDIS Singapore that has tie-ups & will provide a degree from the likes of Univ. of Wales, Univ. of Bradford, Grenoble etc.I also learnt about some German schools like the Otto Beisheim WHU School and Mannheim Business School. There are also schools in the US/Canada and Australia that provide a Masters in Management but I am not very sure how renowned they are in regards to this course.

One other major query is whether I should enhance my experience and go for a Full-Time MBA through GMAT after 2,3 Years or go for a Masters in Management in the next 1 year. Hoping for valuable insights into the same.

Most Important Factors from my end :-

1. Decent Return on Investment (High ROI)

2. Medium Range of Expense

3. Work Permit after the Masters should not be that big an issue,

Please recommend.

Respectfully,

Abhinav Agnihotri