CAPF-AC 2017 preparation Paper 1 & Paper 2

This group is for the preparation of CAPF-AC 2017 exam. Post only questions related to CAPF-AC exam, for both Paper-1 & Paper-2.

Trend- Final cutoff has been increasing since 2011. Though the increase is not very high given the resources that are available today to all aspirants.

(Out of 600)

Final cutoff in 2011- 254

Final cutoff in 2012- 278

Final cutoff in 2013- 279

Final cutoff in 2014- 294

Advertisement for CAPF-AC exam 2015 is out.

Last date of submission- 15 May, 2015

http://www.upsc.gov.in/exams/notifications/2015/CAPF_2015/CAPF%202015-ENGLISH.pdf

Last year's cutoff for paper-1 ==> 115 out of 250

Last year's cutoff for Paper-1 + Paper-2 ==> 190 out of 450

Last year's final cutoff after written + Interview ==> 294 out of 600

Trend- Final cutoff has been increasing since 2011. Though the increase is not very rapid and high given the resources that are available today to all aspirants.

(Out of 600)

Final cutoff in 2011- 254

Final cutoff in 2012- 278

Final cutoff in 2013- 279

Final cutoff in 2014- 294

Which of the following statements about National Green Tribunal is/are correct?

1. It is a specialized body equipped with the necessary expertise to handle environ​ - mental disputes involving multidisciplinary issues.

2. The Tribunal shall be bound by the procedure laid down under the Code of Civil Procedure, 1908.

Hurricanes rarely form or move within 5 degrees of the equator, because

Whenever tropical cyclone moves to land, much of its severity is reduced due to

1. its source of moisture is cut off

2. friction over land kills tropical cyclone

which one is correct?

What do you call the total system of parallels and meridians that form a network of intersecting lines?

Guys please try to contribute in the discussion. Last year I missed the cutoff by 3 marks & this is my 2nd and last chance. I know, we all can make it through.

Which one among the following sectors in India has the highest share of employment?

Akbar’s Ibadat Khana was the place where

The filament of electric bulb is generally made of tungsten because

Consider the following statements with regard to the first renewable energy global investors meet and expo (2015):

Fill in the blanks with prepositions: (No options will be given in descriptive paper)

1. World War II lasted ______ more than 5 years.

2. What is the time _______ your watch?

3. India became a republic _______ 1950.

4. She threw a ball ______ me.

5. I congratulated her ________ her wedding.

(Answers in 10 minutes)

Thanks for solutions. Do post solutions below comment section with little explanation. Nice initiative. Please continue. 

Use the following phrasal verbs in sentences of your own so as to bring out their correct meaning :

1.put up with

2.fall out

3.make out

4deal in

5.call on

Consider these statements:

1. Creepers or climbers are commonly found in tropical rain forests

2. Epiphytes, which donot have their roots in the ground, survive in the trees in tropical rain forest.

3. All epiphytes are not creepers

Find correct statements.

Napolean was defeated by

The rate at which the consumer is willing to substitute one good for another without changing the level of satisfaction is known as:

India's rank in recently released World press Freedom Index 2015 is

Who among the following will host G-20 GROUP of countries' summit in November 2015