can I get into Good colleges via CAT after dropping a year and without any work exp

Currently I am a final year engineering student with average academic percentages (77%, 68% and 75%)…I am going to drop a year and then appear for CAT…so can I get into Good colleges via Cat after notching up a good percentile…but witho…

Currently I am a final year engineering student with average academic percentages (77%, 68% and 75%).....I am going to drop a year and then appear for CAT....so can I get into Good colleges via Cat after notching up a good percentile.....but without any work experience,,,,,???? what are my chances???

Boss, in my opinion do not do it. As colleges are increasingly focussing on profiles.

Rest it is a very personal call. In case you are doing it, then aim at nothing less than 99.5%ile !

Best of luck.

Actually I have no job so there is no other option for me....but seeing as you said colleges are focusing on profiles more...let's see what's in store for me...:(.....

Hi avik,
Well in my personal opinion,Dont give CAT so much importance that you ought to drop for a year.CAT2012 can be easily conqured with 1 hr study daily till august and 2 hrs from then.I am saying this from my personal experience.I had resigned from my job in july,but 10 days at home and I realized taking a drop is unproductive and so I made the best use of my resignation by doing different things.And I am quite satisfied with my cat performance.Now you can build over your acads by having a very productive work-ex or build your profile if dont want to join work.But dont dedicate this 1 year exclusively for CAT.It backfires.Thats what I will advice you.I will request you to kindly post your query on this thread where you will be ably guided .
http://www.pagalguy.com/discussions/is-dropping-for-cat-justified-25017842

What ever you do be it a year or 3 year gap. The important thing is CAt should not be the be the only solution. You should be serious and open about other opportunities too. the problem is not the gap but what ypu do after the gap and cat is highly unpredictable dont pin all ur hopes on it. Also may be join soe master course atleast you would be busy with something. Then after one year you may not complete it but you didnt waste ur 1 year.

Hi guys.. I completed my grads in July 2012. Took CAT with 2 months of prep n got 89%ile. Now I'm thinking of dropping this year n prepare for the IIM's again. Do you think this 1 and a half year gap will be a problem in the interviews? Or should I join some certificate courses or other to explain this gap to them? Please help guys.. What should I do now?