Cambridge/ Said VS ISB

Hi… I have got offers from ISB, Judge Business School and the SAID business school. My priority is a good job function, dont care about the location. Can anyone suggest which of these would be the best bet?

Hi.. I have got offers from ISB, Judge Business School and the SAID business school. My priority is a good job function, dont care about the location. Can anyone suggest which of these would be the best bet?

JBS is the best among 3.

Hi Jose,

Thanks for your reply.. Can you also tell me the reasons for your opinion? I just wanted to know what prompted you to choose Judge...

Well Mbasaaga,

Here is my Analysis:

Ranking:
1. JBS 2. Said 3. ISB.
JBS and Sais stand almost closer to each other.. But i understand from you that you have chosen one year MBA and that too from schools which are not in Top 10.
So I have decided that JBS is the right fit for yourknowledge levels.
You will have people of your sort here.
And in Said you will have people of slightly better claibre there..as Said is ranked higher to Judge.

And ISB forget it.Post MBA Job Scene is not really good when you look at Value for MOney! Many People land up with jobs according to yrs of exp.
2-4 Yrs = 7 Lacs PA
4-6 Yrs = 10 Lacs PA...Like that!

Judge you get a better offer provided you take good care.

Get me your full Profile we can discuss on this.

Regards, Jose.

jose......... explain.........

OK, Looks good.
Take Any of your Choice Judge or Said both are equal for you when i see your profile.
Dont take ISB. You will loose international Edge in many things.
And reg One Year MBA these are also the Best after INSEAD, IMD, LSB, LSE, IESE, HEC & ESADE.

All the Best!
Regards, Jose.

mbasaaga Says
Hi.. I have got offers from ISB, Judge Business School and the SAID business school. My priority is a good job function, dont care about the location. Can anyone suggest which of these would be the best bet?

What specifically is the "good job function" you're aiming for?
mbasaaga Says

what are you looking at...job wise, function wise

think of the following questions and then take a call...

what will be doing after school

where do you want to work-india or abroad

what are you looking to learn from the school- exposure, cultures, newer things

Can you live in a new country with people from all over the world for Judge and Said

How are your finances placed...

Do you want to take advantge of the alumni - no brainer but i know who dont care about it ...

Rankings are a lie, what matters if you are a good fit or not. all are good schools, but my research has told me tha Said is up there and thats why i am headed there .

Advantages of Said

one year
full life time membership to a college at Oxford -- very sweet
living in england chance to travel europe-very imp for me, as i love understanding how people live
Extremly strong focus on Social Entrepreneurship which i why i am going
Strong ties with India as Oxford University
Good Projects with some interesting soical ideas embedded in them
Living in Oxford with all kinds of students...
Great Brand Name - Oxford

Some one mentioned highest salary offered to graduating students- if money is the only thing that you are looking for
So i hope to see there...

Rock on

PY

Hi.... My dream job would be an associate in McKinsey/ BCG/ Bain... In the financial services practice, if it comes to choosing a vertical...

baccardisprite Says
What specifically is the "good job function" you're aiming for?
what are you looking at...job wise, function wise

Rock on

PY

Hi Yogi - Thanks for the reply.. Which college out of JBS and SBS is better for finance in your opinion?

Hi ,
I dont think there is good or Bad...both stand almost the same but In oxfod you get slightly higher pay...
Oxfor- You can expect 100K USD and Cambridge you can get 80 K USD.
Dont get suprosed to see such low figures...YOu can see FT report there it will be written 135K or so and for Cambridge it should be 100K+.

Regards,Jose.

Hi guys
I am facing the dilemma to select one from Judge and Said too.
I wanna know more information about these two programs on the following aspects:
1. Placement;
2. competition in the program;
3. cutting edge of the program;
4. focus of the program;
5. faculty;
6. total cost(including living expense);
7. job opportunity for non-england students;
8. influence to the program by different program size;
and so on.

tks for your reply jose.
Xiaosong

The Answers for a NON UK guy ;-

1. Placement; OK BUt not as good as a UK/US or EU guy!
2. competition in the program; 1. Said 2. Judge
3. cutting edge of the program; ( In what sense?? Both stand equal for a non UK Guy)
4. focus of the program;( What specialization are you looking for and what do you wnat to be designated as)
5. faculty; ( 1. Said 2. JUdge)
6. total cost(including living expense); ( Fees U check OUt. Living expense around 10000 Pounds)
7. job opportunity for non-england students; ( If you are in top 10 in Class you get a decent JOb else you will be a normal one like in rest of the class... And remember even if you are a topper you not a get a good job offer like local citizen)
8. influence to the program by different program size; ( NO ANswer)
and so on.

Regards, Jose.

mbasaaga Says
Hi.... My dream job would be an associate in McKinsey/ BCG/ Bain... In the financial services practice, if it comes to choosing a vertical...

Recommendation - Give INSEAD a shot. You're 99.99% sure of meeting the above firms on campus, your profile is decent & eminently recruitable to a variety of industries besides consulting, GMAT's good enough and experience relevant to the post-MBA career you look for. Write a set of good essays and you might surprise yourself. With about 5-6 months to go before classes start in Ox/Cam, you have the time to apply to INSEAD (though not if you choose ISB).

First of all, I am sure many - including myself - would love to be in your shoes making such a "hard decision" on choosing from these three great schools. Based on your input I would head to Judge, Said and ISB in that order. Reputation matters and corporate recruiters know that; in this regard, though very reputed in India, ISB lags far behind 1000 year old and 800 year old Oxbridges aura. Forget about JBS and SBS being founded some few years ago. Both unis have been home to Kings, Queens, Presidents and eminent scientists and philosophers to mention a few. I put my hands on fire that recruiters will stamp a seal of quality over ur resume as soon as they find u attended Cam or Ox. ISB just cant match that. Period.
Then comes international experience and mobility. India has made impressive economic progress but still cant compete with UKs international flair. Take for granted that these two factors will also be expressed in the quality and number of TNCs, NGOs, IGOs and consulting firms that attend these schools. ISB has shown outstanding career placement stats, competitive salaries et al but, again, brand power comes into the game. Dont restrict your future to short term career prospects but ask urself where will you be 10-15-20 years from now. Career progress is as important as career prospects and Oxbridge does definitely have another edge over ISB.
Despite my previous comments, ISB has two major advantages over J/SBS.
1. ROI should be achieved much faster given that investment is less than half compared to British peers.
2. If you intend staying in India, networking would be much stronger and broader at ISB. You can also translate these advantages into the job search equation.

However, even considering Indias and ISBs financial dynamism and growth, do not forget that the world is becoming more global every day. Therefore, I relate once more factors such as international mobility and experience. You will reach your own conclusions when comparing which schools provide you with a more consistent competitive advantage at the national/intl. job market.

At last, I placed JBS ahead of SBS. I guess there is a strong personal bias in my choice. Cam leans closer to science, technology and economics while Ox has traditionally been more renowned for its social science, intl. relations and philosophy programs (I do recognize that, at the end, this is plain bs). I would feel more comfortable studying alongside a class of 100 students as opposed to Ox where u will mingle with 240+ people. Second, JBS was established some few years before Ox so - not a rule - they should have more experience with their career services office. Nevertheless, the OxBridge job fair provides ample opportunities for students at both schools. And third, Cambridge seems to be nicer (in terms of architecture) than Ox. Not related to your query but still I would like to mention this!

I could keep writing more but will stop cuz am a bit tired. At the end, an MBA should not only mean a passport for better pay and increased decision-making power jobs. Look beyond job stability and financial retribution. If you made it into these schools, it means u r a clever and ambitious individual (in the positive sense) who can generate positive change around. Think of urself as a driven differentiator, a truly global citizen with real power to make things happen. An MBA is only a part of the story, it is only a credential for broader opportunities. So opportunity is the watchword and, be it JBS, SBS or ISB I am more than confident that you will embark on a distinguished and exciting professional career. All the best.

Peruvian Guru

The Answers for a NON UK guy ;-

1. Placement; OK BUt not as good as a UK/US or EU guy!
2. competition in the program; 1. Said 2. Judge
3. cutting edge of the program; ( In what sense?? Both stand equal for a non UK Guy)
4. focus of the program;( What specialization are you looking for and what do you wnat to be designated as)
5. faculty; ( 1. Said 2. JUdge)
6. total cost(including living expense); ( Fees U check OUt. Living expense around 10000 Pounds)
7. job opportunity for non-england students; ( If you are in top 10 in Class you get a decent JOb else you will be a normal one like in rest of the class... And remember even if you are a topper you not a get a good job offer like local citizen)
8. influence to the program by different program size; ( NO ANswer)
and so on.

Regards, Jose.

Tks jose
I wanna konw the difference between jbs and said and which one is stronger in below
1. Placement, as a whole, which one is stronger?
2. which one is easier to find a job in finance and consultant agency?
8. what's bad for big group?
and so on.

Hey,
Post Me your Complete Profile andf Edu backgrounds.

As of now, Your answers are Below.
1. Placement, as a whole, which one is stronger?
Both are equally good for a Non native guy. You will get the same offer if you study in any of these schools ( May be you have + or - 5K difference per Annum)
2. which one is easier to find a job in finance and consultant agency? ( JBS)
8. what's bad for big group?
When you are in a big group the response time the placement companies take to get to see your CV will be long and by then all good companies wudd have chosen their stuff.. so you will loose good offers...
When you are in a small class then you have more chances of getting thru quickly...

Regards, Jose.

I will tell you a simple excercise. Do this yourself.

1. Make an Excel Sheet for bOth JBS, SBS.
2. List out the Parameters,
- Placement Statistics ( you can take reprts like FT)
- Number of students in Class
- Faculty with Phds
- Non Native percentage( This you can get form an alumni or contatcs in web page)
- Number of Finance & consulting companies in their placement books
- Gender Percentage( Get data from Alumni)
- Course fee ( the higher the fee the llower the rank as you are the investor)
- How often The Class have Parties together( the more the parties the Better the networking) - get data from alumni
3. Give Rankings 1 and 2 to these two schools...
4. Add the rankings...
5. select the best school!!!

Now after this, Chillax... Dont Confuse yourself.. You will definetely have a terrific life ahead once you choose from this kind of excercises....

All the Best and Wish you more parties during your MBA.

Regards, Jose.

Hi jose
tks a lot for your information. it's very handy.
I noticed that in JBS, the first project-venture project starts from November and the consulting project starts in April , but in SBS, the project begins in March and the consulting project starts in July--three month later than JBS.
I am wondering will this different arrangement impact my job hunting?

No this Will Not come in between.
Thats just thioer style of working, Who knows may be you may get better ones than that!!

Regards,Jose Feliciano.