Cambridge Judge MBA 2012 Aspirants

Hello Cambridge Judge Aspirants, Thought to start a thread for Judge 2012. Hope to see some action. Keenly looking at the Judge Program for R1. Sales Manager/690/6yrs/Engineer. See it as a great fit due to the Energy and environment…

Hello Cambridge Judge Aspirants,

Thought to start a thread for Judge 2012. Hope to see some action.

Keenly looking at the Judge Program for R1.

Sales Manager/690/6yrs/Engineer. See it as a great fit due to the Energy and environment concentration.

Lets get the ball rolling.

Apps just opened !!

Dear ,

Applications for September 2011 entry are now open. Please login to your Cambridge MBA Portal for further details and to apply.

Kind regards
The Cambridge MBA Admissions Team

Hi,

Nice to see this thread. Thanks for starting this.

I have started the application for Judge Sept 2011 admission. Working on the essays currently...

Reg one of the essays I am facing difficulty - What are the key issues facing organisations in your sector over the next three years? What course of action would you recommend to such organisations?
As I am from IT depart of Investment bank, so what my sector will be - banking or Software?

please suggest...

Hey NB

Same here stuck with the essays. Looking forward to some action.

cheers.

i too am thinking of applying to Judge this year but am discouraged by 2 factors:
* the avg. work ex of the class.....7 years 😞
* post MBA job scenario in UK.....i have read that most of the jobs are thru student activity rather than college carrer services

Hey.

Reasons for me were

1. Cambridge brand recognition in India. No explanation required.
2. Its has a concentration and research group in line with my goals.
3. Everyone gets a job based on his capability/network. All school abroad just provide a platform to maximize chances. I know of friends in Top 10 schools without a job as they were unclear about their goals and were crapshooting. Goal clarity in the key.
4. Cambridge ROI is 3-4 yrs max. Can come back to India faster.

Getting in is mix of essays/+/+ and a lot of luck.

I tried last year and learnt a lot of lesson the hard way . A bit wiser this year.

Best of the lucks.!!!

Hey.

Reasons for me were

1. Cambridge brand recognition in India. No explanation required.
2. Its has a concentration and research group in line with my goals.
3. Everyone gets a job based on his capability/network. All school abroad just provide a platform to maximize chances. I know of friends in Top 10 schools without a job as they were unclear about their goals and were crapshooting. Goal clarity in the key.
4. Cambridge ROI is 3-4 yrs max. Can come back to India faster.

Getting in is mix of essays/+/+ and a lot of luck.

I tried last year and learnt a lot of lesson the hard way . A bit wiser this year.

Best of the lucks.!!!

Hi Salesmanager,
Thanks for sharing this peace of info. As you have mentioned that you applied last year as well, you can prove to be a pathfinder for us first timers.
Can you please spare some time in answering couple of my queries:
1. Does cambridge conduct interview only in its campus and not telephonic?
2. What is the level of interview toughness. Do they concentrate more on work ex or essays or general MBA questions?

I had not applied to cambridge last year. so dunno

What i have heard is that u can be interviewed in India or by telecon. Unlike other schools a prof will take ur interview, so it is a bit tougher as question set will be different.

I hope they call me for the interview. 😃

Hey puys! nice to see a thread I'd been frantically searching for the past few days. Let's jumpstart...my first question: does Cambridge require recommendation only from the current immediate supervisor? or it can be from a previous one also?
Hope to get a feedback soon..

Cheers, SH

Hey puys! nice to see a thread I'd been frantically searching for the past few days. Let's jumpstart...my first question: does Cambridge require recommendation only from the current immediate supervisor? or it can be from a previous one also?
Hope to get a feedback soon..

Cheers, SH

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - MBA - Cambridge Judge Business School
I don't want to tell my current line manager that I am applying for an MBA. Can I submit an educational reference instead of the professional one?

We understand that sometimes it is not possible to ask your current line manager for a reference, in which case we are happy to accept a reference from a former line manager/supervisor

HTH !
Hi all,
I am facing a peculiar problem. I am unable to locate the three essays on the online application form.
Though there is one Career Objectives Essay that basically represents the 3rd question, I cannot find the other 2 questions (problems in industry and spectacular failure) on the online application portal.
Is anybody else also facing the same issue ?
Regards

Hi,

I wanna make it to the 1st deadline but am not sure bout how Judge fares in social sector specialization. That is my long term goal.

Can anyone help? Plus, wat kinda traits does Judge support/ look for or prefer.

Thnx,
Saurabh

Hey guys

Require a quick help. Anyone facing problems submitting the application.

The MBA programme is not getting selected. Some Term* issue while submitting.

Please revert.

Cheers

Hey guys

Require a quick help. Anyone facing problems submitting the application.

The MBA programme is not getting selected. Some Term* issue while submitting.

Please revert.

Cheers

Hi Salesmanager,
I did not face any such problem in app submission. I submitted the app a week back though.
I would suggest that you go to each link in application and make sure that that portion is getting saved without any error. Just double check if there are any mandatory field left blank.

Hii salesmanager I am mech engr with 05 years of exp in t-90 battle tank engine mfg and recent 03 yrs of exp in arihant nuclear submarine project. Since I have extensive exp in mfg, six sigme, reliability, submarine systems commissioning etc , I want to become a sr project mgsr consultant in global energy leaders like areva, ge, tcs etc.
How do you my profile holds for prospects of getting admission. What do u think my chances of getting a job in my intended line after the cambridge mba.

thank you for your reply in advance
-- vijay.

Hey.

I am an aspirant too from a similar industry. I dont think getting a job in UK is difficult once u get the tier 1 visa.

Lot many indians do manage to get it.

Best.

Please help , I have been trying to submit my application for past 12 hrs but not able to Term *The choice you have made for this question is no longer available. Please select another value.

Hello Diya

I had the same problem. Raise the case to hobsons helpdesk. They will resolve it in 30min max.

Write to Admissions asap and take the deadline extension due to technical issue.

Email address : [email protected] also mark a cc to the admissions id.

Hello Diya

I had the same problem. Raise the case to hobsons helpdesk. They will resolve it in 30min max.

Write to Admissions asap and take the deadline extension due to technical issue.

Email address : [email protected] also mark a cc to the admissions id.

Thanks I have written to them but nobody is replying :shocked: