Cambridge Judge Business school Interview

Just finished my Cambridge Interview yesterday. Apart from the regular questions some of the Qs were 1) If you had not done a vocational(engineering) course what sort of a different person would U be. 2) Questions on where I have lived thought…

Just finished my Cambridge Interview yesterday. Apart from the regular questions some of the Qs were
1) If you had not done a vocational(engineering) course what sort of a different person would U be.
2) Questions on where I have lived thoughtout my life.
3) surprisingly a question on where my dad was living and what he worked and how often I visited him.
4) Reasons for my choices of the courses I am applying to.
5) Pointed out that I dont have people management experience. Sow hat sort of manager would I make
6) What would my batch mates write in my address book at the ned of the course,i.e their future predictions for me.
7) What will be my greatest strength in the class.
What will be my weakest point during the class discusions.
9) Questions about my work and reason for leaving the jobs and stuff I had written about in the application form.

There were other Qs which I dodnt remeber and please dont ask me any answers(I have no idea what all I said):)

cheers
-Amit

Hi Can U Tell Meabout Your Profile And Gmat Score. I 2 Wanna Apply

Profile :- Software eng 7 yrs of work experience at the time of joining the program.
GMAT:- 710.

Just checked my mails have gotten an offer from Cambridge.
-Amit

Great news !
Congratulations!

Can you tell us more about Judge and why you chose this school?

Just checked my mails have gotten an offer from Cambridge.
-Amit

Hi Amit,

Congrats for the final call.
Could you tell me where was your interview? I have the interivew call, but am unable to travel to UK for this. Was you interview telephonic one?
Please lemme know!

Thanks,
Shailesh.

Congrats amit on the double whammy! Oxford and Cambridge! Great going mate

Congratulations Amit.

Shailesh,
I sort of convinced Cambridge that I would not be able to make it to their interview (16th Jan) becuase I wont be able to get a VISA on time.

Thanks for all the wishes pagalguy & vipin.mbao5

-Amit

Forgot to mention that the Interview was a trephonic ,conducted by the deputy director admissions.

As for reaosons for applying to Judge:-
1) considered the 2nd best 1 yr course in UK after Oxford
2) The Cambridge county is called as silicon Fern i.e its the hightechnology hub in UK and europe. So its much more conductive for people who are techies and want to remian in relatecd areas
3) A large number of scholarship opportunities.
4) University brand name.
5) Small class(110 students) , higher experience levels, more than 50% class is from scicence/rtech background.

So in short its one of the best 1 year technology MBA. The other competitor is Queens but its passing out salaries are too low.

Now I am in a big mess dont know weather to take Oxford or Cambridge. Good thing is I havent applied to any other schools,so the decision will have to be made soon.

-Amit

Got my Cambridge offer letter by courier yesterday. It just contained the offer letter and the form for financial guarentee along with the instructions on paying the non refundabale deposit of 2600 pounds.
There was no loan forms or details. Wrote to them on the loan issue and they told me to read the HSBC FAQ on their webpage and contact HSBC. I am not too happy with this, I was expecting a little bit more assistance from them in the loan front. Will try contacting HSBC UK today and see how cumbersome/easy the process is.

-Amit

Hi Amit,
Don't be disheartened. I sure belive you will get the admission and loans.
Plz keep us updated about getting loan in UK as for most of us this is very important to pursue our higher studies.
cheers
himanshu

Hello Amit,
Lots of congratulations on securing admission in Judge!! As per the information given on the school's website, they have a tieup with HSBC and securing loan shall not be a problem. Hope you keep us all posted on your progress on the loan front.

Congrats!!
Tarun.

Just got the HSBC loan form from Cambridge . It is in the shape of a small booklet. They also sent me a corrected offer letter(the earlier one had misseppled my name). I am supposed to fill in the form and sent it to the business school directly instead of the bank.

-Amit

Hi Amit,
Do you require to have any co-signer or collateral for taking loan in UK through HSBC?
Can you please tell how much they are ready to pay as loan?

thks in adv.
cheers
himanshu

They are ready to pay full tution+6000 pounds for living costs. I wontr be borrowing that much.

They dont require a cosignor or collateral.
As for collateral if I provide a UK property as collateral the rate will drop by .75%. I donno if they will accept anything else as collateral.

-Amit

They are ready to pay full tution+6000 pounds for living costs. I wontr be borrowing that much.

They dont require a cosignor or collateral.
As for collateral if I provide a UK property as collateral the rate will drop by .75%. I donno if they will accept anything else as collateral.

-Amit

Hi amit,
I think thats a good new for u and for all of us that they don't require any collateral r cosingner.
Any point in their loan papers whaich is worth mentioning here???

cheers
himanshu

Well there is one point in the loan form which was unexpected. They asked how much limit I had on my credit cards.
So maybe it might be worthwhile for people who are planning for HSBC loans etc to start saying yes to all the credit card marketing people & to accumlate a free credit cards.

-Amit

hi,
what is the interest rate on the non-collateral HSBC loan?
if u take 15 lakhs (eq of pounds)..then how much monthly u need to pay?

cheers'
himanshu

Well there is one point in the loan form which was unexpected. They asked how much limit I had on my credit cards.
So maybe it might be worthwhile for people who are planning for HSBC loans etc to start saying yes to all the credit card marketing people & to accumlate a free credit cards.

-Amit