Cambridge(2008) Interviews and Beyond

Hi All, I could not find a thread for Judge Business school for Fall 2008 admission, so here goes. I am targetting the first deadline in December. Anyone else also looking at Cambridge, please share your prospectives, opinons and profi…

Hi All,

I could not find a thread for Judge Business school for Fall 2008 admission, so here goes.

I am targetting the first deadline in December. Anyone else also looking at Cambridge, please share your prospectives, opinons and profile.

Cheers,
Stereobag

Hi Stereo
Me too in the boat.
My profile is Engr/IT/3yrs
GMAT-680/5.5
Decent Extra Curriculars

Wat abt ya?

Hi guys!

I too am applying. Could you tell me if you have contact with any cambridge students/alumni..

Houz the study / work culture there?What are their curriculums strongoints??

gnr

Hi folks,

Hope you doing well. I am in the process of applying to Cambridge MBA (Judge Business School). I am not sure what is expected for this question -

"Tell me a work project or task where you did not perform well. What did you learn about yourself?"

My idea for this question is -
I need to mention a situation in which I would have goofed somewhere, resulting in big loss (of any type). Subsequently I'll have to mention the learnings from it.
Can I also mention if I learnt something good about my personlity instead of just negative aspects?

What is your point of view?

Thanks and take care,
Neon

Hi folks,

Hope you doing well. I am in the process of applying to Cambridge MBA (Judge Business School). I am not sure what is expected for this question -

"Tell me a work project or task where you did not perform well. What did you learn about yourself?"

My idea for this question is -
I need to mention a situation in which I would have goofed somewhere, resulting in big loss (of any type). Subsequently I'll have to mention the learnings from it.
Can I also mention if I learnt something good about my personlity instead of just negative aspects?

What is your point of view?

Thanks and take care,
Neon

Hi Neon,

I too am applying to Judge and I believe that this question is about a particular situation or task which you could not do well or failed or anything that caused /could have caused potential damage to your organisation. This should be followed by how you dealt with the situation and your learning's from it . Ofcourse , you could also have learnt some good points about yourself during the "damage control" phase but neverthless you should mention your own professional/personal shortcomings that actually led you into that unpleasant situation.

Hope this helps

gnr

thanks. so bottomline is postive aspects should not be mentioned.

tc,
neon

Hi Neon,

I too am applying to Judge and I believe that this question is about a particular situation or task which you could not do well or failed or anything that caused /could have caused potential damage to your organisation. This should be followed by how you dealt with the situation and your learning's from it . Ofcourse , you could also have learnt some good points about yourself during the "damage control" phase but neverthless you should mention your own professional/personal shortcomings that actually led you into that unpleasant situation.

Hope this helps

gnr

The bottom line is that the positives should be mentioned about how you overcame the reasons for failure.

Hi folks sailing in the same boat,

Have you managed to send the docs/ when u planning to send 'em. Are there any others who already sent and got a conf? we hardly have 4 days to go unless some one here is in the UK.

All the best to you all.

Shivanand.

I resceived a mail from James Barker saying that my application is complete and will be reviewed shortly. Anybody else, who has applied for R-1?

Me applying in the second round.. Cant catch the first round.. ATB everyone..

Hi Harsh-

I got the same email from James that my application would be reviewed by Admissions' Committee shortly.

Any idea about Cambridge Interviews? In FAQs they state that they give preference to candidates who attend their interviews at Cambridge. Now that's quite a bold statement to be made.

Hope to hear from them soon!

Hi All,

I also missed the flight for the first round. All those who have applied in the first round, please share your profiles and the list of schools that you are applying to.

Well, a brief abt my profile,
740/M/IT
BTech (REC Allahabad)
Business Analyst in a big Fin Product company.
Extracurriculars - Lots

Thanks for the wishes.

@ LifeonGeodesic - Yes, preference for candidates going to cambridge is quite a bold statement to make but I guess it has more relevance for UK nationals. I think we will have an alumni or telephonic interview, if selected. Will let you know about the same.

Hi Guys,

I too have applied in R1 and recieved the same confirmation. ATB to all who have applied and others who are in the process.

By the way can anyone tell me as to how is Cambridge pros/cons as compared to Oxford?

Hey all,
I just recieved a conf email from James barker that my app will be considered by adcom shortly. ATB to YevrybOdy.

Cheers
Shivanand.

ATB to everyone who applied in the first round.. My a R2 applicant.. can the R1 applicants give pointers/ line of thought for the essays..???

Hi Guys,

I have got a similar mail too. . Anyone got any interview calls yet ??

Hey does anyone know a present student or an alumunus of Cambridge ? I would really appreciate if anyone could refer me to such a student ?

Guys n gals, please share your profiles as well...

for me

Acads : Decent
GMAT : 730
Extra curr : decent
Experience: 3.5 years/IT/Working as a functional consultant

Regards
Kunal

Hi,
I am R1 applicant. Did anyone get any interview calls? My brief profile:
Acads : Good
GMAT : 690
Extra curr : Decent
Experience: 11 years/IT/Working as a Development Manager

Hi All,

I have also applied in the R1. Anybody got the interview call.

My profile is 6 years/IT, GMAT 730/4.0.