Calling all kind souls....any GMAT study group in Bangalore??

Hi All, Im 25, a doctor and plan to write my GMAT in July 2006 (strong emphasis on “plan”). Since I have absolutely no motivation to hit the books on my own, if there’s any study group in Bangalore or any doers of random good deeds who’d like to…

Hi All, Im 25, a doctor and plan to write my GMAT in July 2006 (strong emphasis on "plan").
Since I have absolutely no motivation to hit the books on my own, if there's any study group in Bangalore or any doers of random good deeds who'd like to study with this lazy gal.......let me know!!
Cheers:)
Hi All, Im 25, a doctor and plan to write my GMAT in July 2006 (strong emphasis on "plan").
Since I have absolutely no motivation to hit the books on my own, if there's any study group in Bangalore or any doers of random good deeds who'd like to study with this lazy gal.......let me know!!
Cheers:)

Hey,

join one of the existing threads,as the blore group is already in action.
Also join [email protected] to catch up on daily happenings with Blr GMATTRERs

Hey,

join one of the existing threads,as the blore group is already in action.
Also join [email protected] to catch up on daily happenings with Blr GMATTRERs

hey, thanx a ton, am already checkin out the other threads, will look up the yahoo group too:)

Hey good idea......gimmi a buzz....we can start the prep rite away

TEQUILA_DUDE Says
Hey good idea......gimmi a buzz....we can start the prep rite away

And how might one buzz you? Have you started any kinda prep or are we sailing in the same boat as moi?

Hi,
I have just started preparing for GMAT. Please reply to my gmail id, as i do not keep checking this everyday. My mail id is [email protected] .

Regards,
vinod

Hi,
I have just started preparing for GMAT. Please reply to my gmail id, as i do not keep checking this everyday. My mail id is [email protected] .

Regards,
vinod

Hi Vinod, saw your message. Will mail when time permits. Until then, here's the scene, am definitely more confident about verbal than quant because even primary school math seems like a Herculean task for me. Im planning to take my GMAT in July 2006, just starting out with Princeton Review Quant but can't really make time to do any justice to it.
funkymonkey Says
Hi Vinod, saw your message. Will mail when time permits. Until then, here's the scene, am definitely more confident about verbal than quant because even primary school math seems like a Herculean task for me. Im planning to take my GMAT in July 2006, just starting out with Princeton Review Quant but can't really make time to do any justice to it.

Hi,
I guess for starters princeton review maths would be good. I have also infact started with the same thing. But it doesnt cover concepts in depth. Since there are another 4 months to go for July, we can definitely spend sometime brushing up our concepts.

Have you regsitered for GMAT? I did that as the first thing because otherwise i will not study. I need some real pressure to actually sit and study. 😃 I also get the inspiration to study when i have someone else studying with me. Thats the main reason i was looking out for group study. It will also help in getting different ideas w.r.t the kind of questions and focus areas for GMAT.

Bye
vinod
Hi,
I guess for starters princeton review maths would be good. I have also infact started with the same thing. But it doesnt cover concepts in depth. Since there are another 4 months to go for July, we can definitely spend sometime brushing up our concepts.

Have you regsitered for GMAT? I did that as the first thing because otherwise i will not study. I need some real pressure to actually sit and study. 😃 I also get the inspiration to study when i have someone else studying with me. Thats the main reason i was looking out for group study. It will also help in getting different ideas w.r.t the kind of questions and focus areas for GMAT.

Bye
vinod

Hey,
Yeah, we should chalk out something. I started the Quant basics but now that's on hold cos Im working on a dissertation which has to be given up in April. Do you have a P.O.A in mind? I guess the only way I can get back to all that math is if Im accountable to someone / some schedule. Keep me posted.
Cheers.
Hey,
Yeah, we should chalk out something. I started the Quant basics but now that's on hold cos Im working on a dissertation which has to be given up in April. Do you have a P.O.A in mind? I guess the only way I can get back to all that math is if Im accountable to someone / some schedule. Keep me posted.
Cheers.

I have prepared a kind of vague schedule. Needs some fine tuning. I am planning to cover the basics in the next one month and then i will start working on the tests. But the important thing is to adhere to it. How about you?

Bye
vinod
I have prepared a kind of vague schedule. Needs some fine tuning. I am planning to cover the basics in the next one month and then i will start working on the tests. But the important thing is to adhere to it. How about you?

Bye
vinod

Um...yeah, that WAS my idea too till some other work took priority. By when would you like to finish the first run through of Quant? Do you want to plan a week by week list?

Hey, anybody else willing to guide / looking to be guided feel free to pitch in:)
Um...yeah, that WAS my idea too till some other work took priority. By when would you like to finish the first run through of Quant? Do you want to plan a week by week list?

Hey, anybody else willing to guide / looking to be guided feel free to pitch in:)

My plan is to cover the basics in both quants and verbal by mid april. week by week list... i havent really made the schedule that rigid. Because sometimes, we end up in some other work and so we may not be able to finish the planned activities. So what i have done is to just give myself a timeframe within which i have to do a certain list of things. It gives me some flexibility in my study plan.

vinod

Hey Folks,

I too am planning to give the GMAT and basically need someone to keep prodding me to keep my nose in the books. I hope that I too can hop onto this merry bandwagon to a rocking GMAT score ...

Do let me know what is the plan... i was thinking of getting a copy of OG 11 .. has anyone already got it. If yes/no ... your reviews/comments will be mucho appreciated..

Hey Folks,

I too am planning to give the GMAT and basically need someone to keep prodding me to keep my nose in the books. I hope that I too can hop onto this merry bandwagon to a rocking GMAT score ...

Do let me know what is the plan... i was thinking of getting a copy of OG 11 .. has anyone already got it. If yes/no ... your reviews/comments will be mucho appreciated..

Hi,
When are you planning to take your gmat? Have you booked your gmat date? I suggest that you book your gmat date immediately if you are really serious about it. Thats the best way to put some pressure on yourself to dig into some books and start studying.
I think you should first concentrate on your basics before solving problems in OG 11. You can jump into that once you are comfortable with the basics part.

Hey funkymonkey, howz your prep happening? Have you started finding sometime for daily prep?

Regards,
vinod

Hi Vinod,

I plan to give the GMAT sometime in June or July. I am thinking of taking a date once i get back to blr which will be sometime next week. I wanted to know from you all if you guys had an action plan on how to go about preparing for it.

I have gone through a couple of the GMAT quant sections and feel that I need to put more effort on the verbal section.

Let me know if you ppl have a better plan.

Also has anyone here joined any classes for the GMAT? Is it worth it ??

Varun

Me here too! ... All I have is a Plan!!

Little bit about the Profile ..

I am a s/w engineer
3.5 yrs of experience

Keep me posted fellas

BTW joined that group [email protected] .... the moderators plz aprove :satisfie:

We-ell, so this has become a thread for all GMAT aspirants who just can't push themselves to study:-).....who better to start it than me!
Since I seem to lack constructive solutions and there are so many of us sailing in the same proverbial boat, can anyone else give some motivational suggestions.
(Harsh, is this where you contribute a sarcy limerick?:-))
Vinod, voice of my conscience, thank you for being the focussed one I can take inspiration from....a little more goading and I might actually start hitting the books:-)
Varun, sorry I couldnt reply to your msg earlier, busy weekend, will dissect plans with you shortly.
Cheers!

I offer to be the rudder to this drifting GMAT boat provided that you'll give me a solid dressing down if i don't stick to the plan.

Life sans MBA is a life of drudgery!!! Anyhow I get back to the garden city next week and am thinking of making a study plan till gmat (in last week may/first week june). If anyone of you is interested in taking a date around the same time do let me know ... we can try and stick to the same schedule and push each other that extra bit.

I offer to be the rudder to this drifting GMAT boat provided that you'll give me a solid dressing down if i don't stick to the plan.

Life sans MBA is a life of drudgery!!! Anyhow I get back to the garden city next week and am thinking of making a study plan till gmat (in last week may/first week june). If anyone of you is interested in taking a date around the same time do let me know ... we can try and stick to the same schedule and push each other that extra bit.

Me, me! Im in!
You working?