Calling all GMAT 2013 takers for ISB 2014 Intake

This thread is intended for those who plan to take the GMAT in 2013 and will be applying to ISB for the 2014 April Intake. This thread will also provide us an opportunity to connect with fellow ISB aspirants and I’m sure that we’ll be able to h…

This thread is intended for those who plan to take the GMAT in 2013 and will be applying to ISB for the 2014 April Intake.
This thread will also provide us an opportunity to connect with fellow ISB aspirants and I'm sure that we'll be able to help each other do well on the GMAT.
This thread is NOT meant for
- Profile evaluation etc. For that, please visit this forum
http://pagalguy.com/forums/gmat-accepting-bschools/
Since the average GMAT score at ISB is quite high, this thread will be primarily centered around GMAT preparation and we'll try to help each other here so that (hopefully) all of us end up getting awesome GMAT scores.
I'm prepping on my own and am currently using Manhattan books for Quant and Aristotle grail books for verbal. I think these books should be enough for the GMAT.
I love studying through googlegroups also(had part of one while preparing for the CAT in which i didn't do too well) but I'm not sure whether we need a googlegroup right now. Maybe we'll start it in a couple of weeks once the prep starts picking up momentum.
So jump in if you're aiming for 700+. I will post my target score and other details in another post!
Let's rock! :)

this is awesome...something that I have been really looking forward to. I'm a doctor with 4.5 yrs of corporate experience and have been unsuccessfully pushing myself to get do my gmat-blame it on myself, my travel job or the lack of a study circle...so akki, what would be the best gmat training centre in chennai? also, since i travel almost 12-14 days a month, what sort of a schedule would be the best suited for me?

You do have a busy schedule. I think that 15-20 hours per week should be enough. Have you started preparing or are you yet to start your prep ? What books are you using ?

Folks, here's a bit of info about my targets and how I plan to go ahead.

Target GMAT- 740
Target date- Not Decided. Probably in March/April 2013
Schools- ISB, INSEAD Singapore, NUS,NTU
Coaching or Self- Am planning to prepare on my own and will see if I need to take coaching later.
Start date of Prep : I'll actually start my preparation in October end and all I'm doing now is researching everything possible about GMAT .
Books- Based on my research and reviews I plan to use the following books-
AristotlePrep SC Grail 3rd edition and CR Grail, Powerscore CR Bible, Manhattan Math Books 5th ed.

I'm planning to buy these books in the next couple of days and plan to use them before going for more more books. Right now, I don't want to end up buying too many books that will just confuse me.

@Akki25 --I am also currently researching everything about GMAT, and intend to prepare on my own, I am planning to use Kaplan Premier GMAT. If u r aiming for ISB, then taking the exam in April will be late i think for 2014 session, since ISB will start its session from April i think. Do you have any idea abt AIM, Manila..scores ?? etc.
@bdeepak80 April will be fine ; ISB sessions will start in April 2014 with first deadline as Sept 2013.
Correct me if i am wrong.
@Virat59 Yeah session starts in April 14, so one needs to take GMAT way before that is during Jan/Feb or before that. If somebody appears for the exam in April, then he may not qualify for 2013-14 session.

guys pls tell if preparing for CAT can help get a good GMAT score. I hv no clue abt GMAT questions, just that it has real difficult english.

Hey Akki great initiative for stating this thread.

Lets share whatever information and preparation material we can find.
I am currently working in IT industry and have experience of arnd 2 years.
I am planning to take GMAT by april 2013, just wanted to know is 2-2.5 yrs exp good enough for GMAT and securing a seat in good MBA college.
Also i am targeting ISB, NUS.
@bdeepak80 : I attended information session of ISB on 14th Oct. They said first round of application will start from September onward. so one can write GMAT any day before September and submit the score. Also range of score for the class of 2012 was 600 to 790.
@sanjaysurana90 -thx for the information, u mean to say anyone aiming for 2013-14 batch should have taken GMAT by now.
@bdeepak80 I mean if you are aiming for April'14 intake then you should write GMAT before September'13.

hmmm alright guys i am planning to join IMS coaching in Thane,Mumbai for the same. Any suggestions etc?

jitu frm ur name i guz u r a malayali right? in my opinion self prep is the best way to crack gmat

@@Akki25 :

Target GMAT 750

Target Month : December 2012

Target B-Schools : ISB & NUS

@jituNair : Go ahead with IMS Coaching.. v much worthd for GMAT prep.. classsheets they provide r excellent & beautifully designed to enhance prep..

ANyone from Chandigarh/Tricity seriously preparing for GMAT ?

Lets catch up regularly to discuss everyone's doubts..

U r most welcum to ask me ur Quant Dounts.. I would luv to solve it for u all ,,

I will post my Verbal dounts :)

sanjaysurana90 --- hey boss are u sure that ISB value 600 GMAT i heard they only entertain 720 + gmat score now a days due to heavy competition & excellent performance specially by Indians In GMAT ? reply me on [email protected] plz , reply on my mail
@Shik88 said:
Hey Akki great initiative for stating this thread.Lets share whatever information and preparation material we can find.I am currently working in IT industry and have experience of arnd 2 years.I am planning to take GMAT by april 2013, just wanted to know is 2-2.5 yrs exp good enough for GMAT and securing a seat in good MBA college.Also i am targeting ISB, NUS.
2-2.5 years is a little on the lower side for most schools especially the indian demographic segment is supposed to very competitive. Do you have any other schools in mind ?

@Dale_0801 Yes, you are right GMAT English is tougher than CAT but quant is easier. However, you will still need to prepare for the GMAT dedicatedly to do well. CAT prep won't suffice.

Updates from my side :
Just placed the order for SC Grail 3rd edition & CR Grail yesterday. Have placed the order for Manhattan Number properties book today . Looking forward to get the books

@varun,
Can you please delete your duplicate posts? Let's keep this thread clean

can any body plz reply - what is GMAT score range for 2012 -13 batch ??? it will great help to me....

@varun289 Dude check you mailbox.. Range is again 600-790 for 2012-13 batch ( As told by admission committee in information session)...
Hope it helps