Calling all Asterix die-hards

Hi all Im crazy about Asterix and his funny adventures ( :: must hve guessed it from my ID ;mg:) I am sure many of U are. I’ve read most of the books and Uderzo n Goscinny r nothing but awesome.The beautiful way in which they have draft…

Hi all

Im crazy about Asterix and his funny adventures ( must hve guessed it from my ID ;mg:)

I am sure many of U are. I've read most of the books and Uderzo n Goscinny r nothing but awesome.The beautiful way in which they have drafted each n every part of the comic is amazig and the attention do details..esp. in drawings is really kool...

wat say ppl????

Ashterix aka Ashwin

Cant call myself a die hard fan, read just one ,but must say love their fundae.....

And that dog....he's called DOGMATIX hilarious !!

Cheers

Absolutely ashwin....asterix is ultimate when it comes to light reading....man obelix goin bonkers at romans is The pirates in b/w .... present more entertainment ..... me read most of the stuff ..... has anyone seen the movie? I havent tho....
cheers,
prabhu

And what about Vitalstatistix??

hey dood watchout the sky may fall on your head

and lil trivi..Dogmatix' french name is idfix as his thought remain fixed over a single thing!!!....of course the english version too is a variation of dogmatic...

Keep kicking menhirs and brewing magic potions...

Till then..
Ashwin

Ah! Asterix! One of the best comic series I have ever read and the way they Uderzo and Goscinny blend in fact with fiction is astounding! Guys I don't recall the book but do you remember the explanation given for the existence of Stone Henges?? too good! I have a fetish for puns and Asterix series are replete with it The names are hilarious..other than the stated ones that comes to my mind offhand is .."Unhygienix" ,"Cacophonix","Getafix","Geriartrix" etc...absolutely hilarious! There is subtle humor and veiled references to persons,incidents, idiosyncrasies of ppl of different nationalities in the novels...though TINTIN is more adventurous in the literal sense and the humor is more situational there ..Asterix winds hands down simply because of the verbal humor! *if* you are a punster you will know what I mean;)

Good one guys,,

What I like about Asterix Comics are two things - character Obelix and the way they derive names..Damn good....

now kaam kii baat,, who all are in bangalore and have some asterix comics..Let me know please ASAP,,

cheers
SK

Hey ppl !

Hv read arnd 10 of 'em... Was introduced to Asterix in early 90s... but the funniest part is - was introduced in Hindi !!!

And wen i read their Eng versions, it was even more hillarious... specifically, as to how they had Indian-ized the one-liners...

Even the names hv been converted to give the right kinda feel... Some of the Hindi-ised names i remember as of now r:-
Vitalstatistix = Motumaalix
Dogmatix = Bhaunkix :D
Cacophonix = Besurix
Getafix = Vaidyanaathix
Potion = Kaadha :wink:

Good one guys,,

What I like about Asterix Comics are two things - character Obelix and the way they derive names..Damn good....

now kaam kii baat,, who all are in bangalore and have some asterix comics..Let me know please ASAP,,

cheers
SK

i have 2 books of asterix (Astrix and the Actress, and Asterix and the Class act). and a CD of *ALL* Asterix stories.

i have 2 books of asterix (Astrix and the Actress, and Asterix and the Class act). and a CD of *ALL* Asterix stories.

Hi

WHere did you get the CDs? anywhere on the net :-)?

I once got asterix from kaazaa, but that was in french .

xpediter

Hi..

Wud trade anything for dat CD what say... ..

Ashwin

Hi

WHere did you get the CDs? anywhere on the net :-)?

I once got asterix from kaazaa, but that was in french .

xpediter

i got the CD from a friend's friend's..(its a long chain!!) 😁 I dumped it in my HD and later wrote it on a CD.
Hi all

Im crazy about Asterix and his funny adventures ( must hve guessed it from my ID ;mg:)

Ashterix aka Ashwin

When Tintin made an entry.. knew Asterix wasn't far off... Anyways... how come no poll here.... Me will put all the votes to dear OBELIX...

Simbaaaa

One of the greatest set of comics of all time.....:)

Morpheus

Hi Simba..

I thought about the poll, when I started this thread but,
I really cant diff, whom i like the most..Asterix,Obelix,Dogmatix,Caesar ...

Really really diff. if ur a die hard

nyway Obelix and his thoey of storks delivering babies at doorsteps still rocks !!!!!!

Ashterix

hey ppl

you get abt 7 asterix vcd's from rediff.com....go to the shopping section and then check on vcds.....

the dvdz are also out......

An Asterix trivia...

In which Asterix comic does Dogmatix make his first appearance??

Regards
Morpheus

I like the ope, in which Ast and Co. visit India on a flying carpet. Remember?

Also, the 12 tasks of Asterix are superb!

SHYGUY

OK PGites.....3000 points to neone who tells me where to download free asterix games !!!
I luv the comics man!!!!

I even named one of my id's as neistex....