CA, CS, ICWA Or people with Commerce background.(Discussions)

Hello everyone,As CAT and XAT results are out, everyone is preparing for the next stage. I just wanted to create a forum where all CA, CS, ICWA or commerce background people can come together and share their profile , experince , CAT, XAT …

Hello everyone,

As CAT and XAT results are out, everyone is preparing for the next stage.

I just wanted to create a forum where all CA, CS, ICWA or commerce background people can come together and share their profile , experince , CAT, XAT score and different B school Calls.

So just created one. I hope people will get benefit from it this time and in future as well, as they will be able to get all the information at this one place.

So lets start people,

10th -
12th-
Graduation-
Post graduation-
Experience-
CAT/XAT Score-
Calls-

P.S. I hope that @visionIIM-ACL or any other moderator out there will not ban this thread.
P.P.S. I request @visionIIM-ACL and all the moderators to share this thread so that we may have some response from P.G. Junta.

I am Sachin, age 22 and i am CA, Nov 11 passout. I passed my CA in 1st attempt and got a Job in a PSU in CA Campus only with a decent package of 7 lacs.
Nw, i am thinking of doing MBA because:
1. It was my dream to do MBA, bt started CA jus after 12th.
2. I want to study futher, some full time course like MBA so that it can help me improve my personallty, my comminucaton skill, my way of thinking. Ca was a distance learing course, so it doesnt help me in all these.
3. I want to become an enterprenuer but at present i dont have any business idea. So i want to do MBA so that it will help me by provinding such a good environment, meeting with diffrent people, and may be i get a busniess idea thier itself.
4. i Have completed 9 months of my job but i am not happy with the work environment in my Co.
So, i am in a delimma, whther i should go for MBA??
1. Is MBA with CA a good combination??
2. Should i do MBA from india or abroad??
3. CAT is very tough for me, i guess. So should i prepare for GMAT.
4. Should i do MBA this year or should i wait for 2 yers for gaining experience??
Please help me.. !!

This thread has not got even a single reply(purposeful) till now. May be people are not aware about this or may be because of lack of interest.

Its my humble request to contribute to this thread because it will certainly help future aspirants.
Again, I will take some initative by tagging those who have got calls this season.
@CA_Sid
@aditijain89
@forthelasttime
@Rohitrjg
@aditya2789
@CCM
and last but not the least @Mad-Head

P.S. If u know some one else from the said background,please tag them also .

Hi Puys,@CCM @Mad-Head @CA_Sid @aditijain89 @forthelasttime @Rohitrjg @aditya2789 @rahulmittal2211 @sachinjain1990

Need a career advice...
Cleared CA final in Nov'11 (2nd attempt), with normal marks (52%)
also cleared CS executive (aka CS inter)
10 th: 87.33% (state board)
+2 : 89.5 (state Board)
B.Com(Correspondence) : 61% (state board)
Thinking of writing CAT 2013.
But am seriously being pulled down by my friends saying that only Rankers and first attempters stand a chance in IIM s
So, If i get a decent CAT score ...do i have any chance in IIM s...
Do u ppl knw any non rank holder CA s in IIM s?
Please advice
Thanks in Advance

@CAspiranT2013 said:
Hi Puys,@CCM@Mad-Head@CA_Sid@aditijain89@forthelasttime@Rohitrjg@aditya2789@rahulmittal2211@sachinjain1990Need a career advice...Cleared CA final in Nov'11 (2nd attempt), with normal marks (52%)also cleared CS executive (aka CS inter)10 th: 87.33% (state board)+2 : 89.5 (state Board)B.Com(Correspondence) : 61% (state board)Thinking of writing CAT 2013.But am seriously being pulled down by my friends saying that only Rankers and first attempters stand a chance in IIM s So, If i get a decent CAT score ...do i have any chance in IIM s...Do u ppl knw any non rank holder CA s in IIM s? Please adviceThanks in Advance
and currently am working in a mid sized Management Consultancy in Indirect Taxation profile since July '12.
@CAspiranT2013 Hey there is no such thing that only rank holders and first attempters get through IIMs. In fact, half of the time they wont even ask whether you cleared in first attempt (remember CAT form just ask for final percentage and not about no. of attempts or rank).

Also, I appeared for CA finals group wise (so, 2 attempts and no rank) and I got IIM B, XLRI and IIM S calls last year.(Cleared IIMS but didn't join) This year also i have got IIM B and IIM L call and I know my selection will not depend on the no. of my attempts.

Hope this helps
@rahulmittal2211 said:
This thread has not got even a single reply(purposeful) till now. May be people are not aware about this or may be because of lack of interest.Its my humble request to contribute to this thread because it will certainly help future aspirants.Again, I will take some initative by tagging those who have got calls this season.@CA_Sid@aditijain89@forthelasttime@Rohitrjg@aditya2789@CCMand last but not the least @Mad-HeadP.S. If u know some one else from the said background,please tag them also .
I am a CA (passed in first attempt Nov 2010 - gud acads) currently working in a bank in Mumbai. Gave CAT and XAT last year..no calls. This year gave only XAT, got calls both from XLRI and SP Jain.
@forthelasttime They might not be asking. But IIM-B will surely verify when the take your documents. IIM-L doesn't bother with the attempts coz there's no separate weight for being a CA. Same with IIM-S or XLRI. For IIM-B, you get points for either your CA score or your work experience. So yes, attempt and scores will make a difference for IIM-B, but not for other IIMs. I know 2 CAs in the 2012-14 batch at Bangalore and also know the profile of 2 other CAs. 3 of them rankers and one missed rank by a small margin.

The attempts don't matter. Marks do (coz the weightage in admission criteria is based on marks)

As far as verification goes - it is done separately during the admission process. The professors/alumni taking your interview don't look at your marksheets (atleast in the IIMB process)

People with only B.Com/Eco background also make it in Top B-schools(and in IIMB). So surely 2 attempts per se won't hamper your chances. Marks may but that too is limited to 2-3% (out of the assigned 5%) of the entire weightage in IIMB process. Finally, my personal opinion is, though past profile/academic records might help, it is your performance in the Writing task & Interview that plays a major role in your final selection.

I am a student of the IIMB 2012-14 batch though not a qualified CA. 😃

I am CA, Nov 11 passout. Though i cleared it in 1st attempt, but my % is only 50.5%.

I got 75% in 10th , 86% in 12th and 72% in B.com.
Have 1 year work ex..
Do i have a chance for India's Top B-schools ??

Please help me out !!!

Plz someone answer!!!!!

There is an existing thread for this..continue there http://www.pagalguy.com/forums/career-discussions/official-thread-ca-acs-cwa-t-72106/p-2937163/r-3573627

hi, i am confused for IPCC , i have soo many doubts,
i am working in PNB and want to do clear IPCC . Can i do IPCC by self study without enrolling anywhere? i.e. without leaving my bank job.

My qualifications -MCA,
so will i get exemptions for ITT(information tech training) as i am MCA(master in computer applicationS) and Orientation program??
And for articleship also will my Bank job covers articleship(i.e. i dont have to leave my banking job) ??

I would like to know whether a person who is only a CA/CS/CWA any of three but has not done his basic graduation is eligible for appearing in CMAT exam?

Whether he will be able to take admission in any of the Mumbai University college like that of Jamnalal Bajaj?

In which criteria ( Maharashtra State candidate or outside Maharashtra State Candidate) he will fit?

I teach finance at VJIM, Hyderabad. I love teaching and I am really passionate about simplifying finance. If anyone needs help in understanding business news feel free to direct them to me. I also write a blog called abhishekteaches.blogspot.in. Please visit the blog and let me know your views ...

i am a chemical engg. working in cement plant.. Is doing ICWA course will be helpfull for me

Hai iam working in psu bank as probationary officer after taking icwa will my banking experience consider for icwa jobs?

A new educational site named http://mycaguru.com/ has been formed for helping out CA CS CMA students. Here we provide the latest updated and information regarding latest time- table, new syllabus, best study material of 2018, Stock exchange, Taxation( GST, Income tax and Service tax), best recommended books for CA CS CMA, previous year Mock- test papers, Online Registration, Exam notice by ICAI and ICSI. Here the students can also find the latest articleship vaccancy and qualified jobs. For any query you may comment in the forum or contact us at http://mycaguru.com/contact/  

If anyone want to get cs professional study mat at very cheap cost mail me [email protected]