CA and MBA

hi i am sudhir a fresh chartered accountant working with murugappa group for 3 months now . i am actually very interested 2 do my MBA from ISB. when i contacted the admission manager he told me that my CA articleship would be considered as work ex…

hi i am sudhir a fresh chartered accountant working with murugappa group for 3 months now . i am actually very interested 2 do my MBA from ISB. when i contacted the admission manager he told me that my CA articleship would be considered as work experience .so i just wanted 2 know from all u guys that should i apply for ISB in 2006 then i wud be having 4 yrs work ex incl 3 yrs articles or next yr with 5 yrs

and i dont wanna go for CAT and IIM

plzz do reply soon

sudhir
ACA

Hi Sudhir,

I am Ajay, working with Honda Siel Cars India Ltd. I am Mechanical Engr. from R.E.C Calicut, 1998 Batch Passout. I am interested in doing MBA from ISB but ignorant of the procedures followed for the same. Can you please help me by providing the necessary information required. I understand, GMAT is the exam for ISB but how shall i prepare, what books and study material is required for that and from where shall i get that.

Please provide me the information.

Thanks and Regards

Ajay Chaudhary
Executive-PPC
Honda Siel Cars India Ltd.
Greater Noida.

No phone nos. pls - Simba

Hi Ajay,

The following link should give you some insight..
http://www.gmac.com/gmac

Hi Deepu,

Thanks for your reply. I will try searching the site. Hope i may find something i need.

Thanks

Ajay Chaudhary

I think it will be regarded as 4.25 year work ex considering that u have 3 year articleship + current work ex..as on the date of joining ISB..u shud have 1.25 years of work ex..

For application to ISB:
1) take GMAT...try to score 680+..
2)In the month of October..they release the essays..there were 6 essays this time...so be prepared for that

and apply..its pretty simple..For GMAT..go to the GMAT section in the forum, u will surely find help...

HTH

Empress:)

thanks a lot for ur kind and prompt reply

sudhir ACA

hey puys
i will appear for cat 11 and simultaneously will appear in ca final in nov 11... but all of us are aware of the fact that we have to fill out the cat exam form by sep end(though the interviews occur in march nxt yr).. in such a case will i be able to get the benefit of passin ca final (the results of which shall be out not before jan mid).. n i m sure of clearing ca in nov 11... pl suggest me a way by which i can benefit from my ca finals as far as gettin into premier b schools(iim b in particular) is concerned

hey puys
i will appear for cat 11 and simultaneously will appear in ca final in nov 11... but all of us are aware of the fact that we have to fill out the cat exam form by sep end(though the interviews occur in march nxt yr).. in such a case will i be able to get the benefit of passin ca final (the results of which shall be out not before jan mid).. n i m sure of clearing ca in nov 11... pl suggest me a way by which i can benefit from my ca finals as far as gettin into premier b schools(iim b in particular) is concerned

U cn only get the benefit in interviews.
daiict_infy Says
U cn only get the benefit in interviews.

but should i mention it in the regn form ... as iim b gives pref to ca!!!
kohlu Says
but should i mention it in the regn form ... as iim b gives pref to ca!!!

Yaa mention it there, and give the status as appearing...

I have very good academic track.. but unfortunately have an attempt in CA final this time..will it affect to my selection in top B-schools like IIMs? If yes, then to what extent? and how many more CAT percentile I need to score to cover the loss of my attempt in CA final?

Will it still affect if I have rank in CMA final? because IIMs consider CA and CMA equivalent

Hello!

I have completed my CA this may'16 and currently have work experience of 8months. I am planning to pursue MBA in US. I completed my b.com through correspondence in Madras university. I want to know if my profile will be eligible for applying MBA programs in US.

B Com ke bad CA karne ke lie kya karna hoga ?