ByomKesh Bakshi

Hiya All, ByomKesh Bakshi, the great detective from Bengal is back on DD National 1 on Mondays 10 or 10:30 PM. Will tell you about the exact times as soon as I find out or if there are any other Bakshi fans, PLEASE let me konw. Brings ba…

Hiya All,

ByomKesh Bakshi, the great detective from Bengal is back on DD National 1 on Mondays 10 or 10:30 PM. Will tell you about the exact times as soon as I find out or if there are any other Bakshi fans, PLEASE let me konw.

Brings back the memories of his wonderful cases. I was inspired so much by him that I wanted to take up jaasoosi as a full time career but bloody BIT ruined it.

And is anyone aware about any places in delhi where I can fine text on Byomkeh Bakshi?

Happy Spying !!!!

EDITED:

The series is the old one and it is being telecasted yet again on DD. The timing I have confirmed it is 10 PM on Mondays. It might be on on other days as weel but I am not sure.

Also the post by CATMANIAC gives me and idea about recreating the entire series in text. Lets do it episode by episode (if there are enough people interested).

And are there any PagalGuy people with a TV tuner card who would be able to save it for me? I can pay in PagalGuy points :D

Finally I forgot to add a BIG YAY n YAHOO in the original post 😁

Myself a Byomkesh and Ajeet fan. 😃
First episode aired was on a person who used to kill with his old fashioned clock on a bicycle.Fabulous detective..Natural acting.Will try catching up wtih the episodes whenever possible.Any other timings?Wil they air old episodes or new ones?

i was amazed to see this as a topic of dicussion!!! was taken back to those days of the intriguing serial!

yeah,, true,, byomkesh bakshi was cool! do you guys remember the one in which an old man gets makdi ka ras thru the pen... a laal pen nila pen funda???

i was amazed to see this as a topic of dicussion!!! was taken back to those days of the intriguing serial!

yeah,, true,, byomkesh bakshi was cool! do you guys remember the one in which an old man gets makdi ka ras thru the pen... a laal pen nila pen funda???

aha.........now this brings back sweet old memories...................i used to watch this serial with my family........and the background music and natural acting of the characters was what made the serial popular........... must say a lot better than most of the fancy detetective serials that followed

and yes i remember this case and almost all the other cases (matchstick one, man walking on sticks, the fan ............. so many and yes all these cases are real fundoo)

suraj

Byomkesh bakshi a.k.a our desi version of Sherlock Holmes complete with Watson was fabulous !! The first story was a winner, like catmaniac says , the killing bicycle horn , , also the envelope glue mixed with poison was a killer( forgive the pun) 😃 !!

Have been a fan of Rajit kapur ever since, brilliant actor !

HELL NO. Howcome I don't recall it. Koi batao mujhe is case main kya hua tha? I don't remember it :((
risque Says

Absolutely :).. more ones that I recall.. the bhoot one (hilarious) .. where this masked specter haunts a first floor room with whangees under his feet.. the first episode where Byomkesh meets Ajit in that creepy hotel!

In case you're interested in the other old Detective serials on DD.. remember Derrick, Old Fox ??.. they're all playing on DD International.

Watch out!

me did not see DD much so not much of BB as well ... but the guy is good ... he does theatre and he is inClass of 84 ... very good actor 😃

puneet Says
me did not see DD much so not much of BB as well ... but the guy is good ... he does theatre and he is inClass of 84 ... very good actor :)

He's touring with his theater group.. in fact Delhi frequenters at NSD can catch his play on the 6th April, 1830.. its part of the yearly theater festival. 😃

Wow!! All of this sounds really nostalgic and the mention of those episodes..Not all mentioned here really strike a note in mind but is definitely making me think..
Now that you said that its about to be aired I guess there are lots of people who will be glued to their TV sets at the time mentioned here.Unlucky me, have to work thru nites unless its aired on a Sunday or Saturday looks like I will miss out .. 😞
And anonymous user not surprised to see your post here.Your avataar is a giveaway for your taste for detectives.. :D
Oh Saurabh read your edited post later. Super duper idea! I'd love to do the scripting ( ah.. I know there's competition ) but seems a distant one for me with me having no access to a TV tuner Card and with my already mentioned dilemma of having to miss those glorious episodes.But carry it forward people who can..its one for the taking! :thumbsup:

the best one was where some of the matches in matchbox were poisonous

this had a special significance in the series ...as our byomkesh bakshi finds his sweetheart in this house

Hi ppl,
Me is a Bakshi fan too. It was real fun when I used to watch it with my grandma. She dint know Hindi, and I had to translate!

Hiya All,

ByomKesh Bakshi, the great detective from Bengal is back on DD National 1 on Mondays 10 or 10:30 PM. Will tell you about the exact times as soon as I find out or if there are any other Bakshi fans, PLEASE let me konw.

Brings back the memories of his wonderful cases. I was inspired so much by him that I wanted to take up jaasoosi as a full time career but bloody BIT ruined it.

Also the post by CATMANIAC gives me and idea about recreating the entire series in text. Lets do it episode by episode (if there are enough people interested).

hey saurabh thanks a lot for that info. me too a big byomkesh bakshi fan. me too wanted to be jasoos at one point of time . ur idea of recreating the seris is a good one.

Hi,

Byomkesh Bakshi is a magnificent character created by Saradindu Banerjee. He is seen to differentiate himself from a common detective by calling himself 'satyaanveshi' ('a seeker of truth') and not simply a detective.
Satyajit Ray has directed one Byomkesh Bakshi whodunit - 'Chiriyakhana' - way back in 1967, starring Uttam Kumar as Bakshi and Sailen Mukherjee as Ajit. Has anybody here seen the movie? It's a pity that Ray himself did not think much of whodunit genre of movies as a whole.
And yes, the DD serial was terrific.

-Ted.

okay ,, this is for ppl who dont recall the pen walal serial..
theres is this old man,, who is addicted to this makdi ka ras.. and their family has no idea where he gets it from... cause the old man's room is empty apart from a bed, and some side posts and stuff,, his only wierd activity is writing on pages some crap... with one blue pen and a red pen. every month the doctor confirms he has a regualr intake of makdi ka ras.. but no body knows how,, the old guy gets a few balnk pages every month by some post from some unknown add,, but t he pages are checked and found to contain no clue.,.

any one recalls how does the guy get the makdi ka ras???

if i dont see a post in response,, ill post a reply...

risque

hi all
gr8t to hear that bb is back on air.love his work.my peronal fav is the episode where a person who was sent to jail by bb comes back and plots to kill bb.he acted as a dead body lying in a morgue in this one.

another 1 that i like is the 1 in which a person bb to find a precious stone which he himself hides.in the end bb finds it in one of his statues.
well it's a gr8t idea 'bout scripting bb,i almost remmember most of the episodes.so i am willing to join in the fun 😁 😁

I missed yesterday's show.:-( Will have to wait 1 whole week for the next episode.

ME TOO A FAN OF BYOMKESH.....
I LOVE THE TITLE MUSIC MAN...SIMPLY AWESOME!!!

BYOMKESH' RE-ENTRY REMINDS ME OF MY OLD-GOLD CHILDHOOD DAYS!!! 😞

hey BB was a gr8 serial guys . the title song takes the cake . those days we had to watch WHATEVEr DD dished out , but BB was different . it can even compete with today's hi-fi serials . that was the first i saw of rajat kapur . that guy is gr8 . looking to catch the re -runs 😁