But ISB also takes low GMAT scores....

Hi, Gave my GMAT yesterday. Got a score of 660 (86 percentile) and am looking at getting into a good Business school for a one year MBA. Ideally would like an admission into ISB. I have an Engineering degree. and a work experience of 20 …

Hi, Gave my GMAT yesterday.

Got a score of 660 (86 percentile) and am looking at getting into a good Business school for a one year MBA.

Ideally would like an admission into ISB. I have an Engineering degree. and a work experience of 20 years. of which 15 is in marketing and sales of financial products.

Very keen to take a break from work and do an MBA. Acads were quite decent.

WHile a very high GMAT score is always helpful for admissions, ISB also takes many students with low scores also.(see link below)

http://www.isb.edu/pgp/life/index_life.html?topic=gmat.html

Wanted to hear from anyone who has got into ISB or any other good Business School with a middling GMAT score.

Is age going to work against me?

What about Nanyang, National University or AIM? Are they good schools?

Would love to get some feedback.

Hi yash,

U need not worry abt it.There are several factors they consider when joining a gud B-School.U hav a pretty decent score and a vast experience i think this culd be add a grt amount of weightage.I think u can try for some gud B-Schools in US also.U can easily get through ISB...One more thing age doesn't matters in the management studies.
Abt nanyang ..it is really gud b-school u can try for tat too.It ranks no:1 B- school in Asia.. accr to Asia Inc.
Regarding AIM -Manila...It ranks 4 in the best Asian B-schools..accr to Asia Inc.

best wishes
austin

Low Scores in ISB ? Our very own W-Mod Simba had a 640 and was admitted not once but twice to ISB

I know of one more instance 3years ago (hence don't know if its relevant still) of someone with a 660 (dunno if you can call that low) with 4years exp to get into ISB.

Arun

In good B- Schools they not only see the scores ,Ofcourse the scores has some weightage other than tat there are lot of other criterias for example the amount of work experience ,u'r academics, u'r SOP ,etc... Each and every school has its own weightage systems.I too tried for ISB last year with a score of 660 and 2 yrs work experience but my attempt went in vain...Hope this time i will hit the bulls eye .......

I have also a similar story ..Got 640 in GMAT. have 2.5 years of exp in software and am working in onsite UK past 8 months.
Please advise what chance I stand. :whatthat:

Many thanks
Dingdong

Hi Dingdong... First question i shld ask is whether u desperately need an MBA.If yes with that score its little hard to get in to ISB or other premier institutes with 2.5 experinece.If u r looking for a gud b-school in India other than ISB then u can go for GLIM which is also a gud inst.It has got a placement record ,gud faculty ..more over their first batch {in 2005} has got gud placements[ 100 %] .Just hav a look in to their web site.If u r not in such a hurry thenu enjoy u'r onsiteearn some money for u'r fees and take a gud preparationgive the GMAT once more.I am sure if u will get more than 740 and try for more good B-schools.Best wisheswith regardsaustin

austinputhur Says
give the GMAT once more.I am sure if u will get more than 740 and try for more good B-schools.

Curious to know how you came up with the figure of 740. Why not 720 ? Why not 760 ?

ARun

I am interested in ISB, but am a little apprehensive regarding apping, as they have a huge course fee ~15L. Is there any chance of getting aid from this institute? How easy or difficult is it? Also, I am not sure whether taking a loan and repaying it for some 10years is really worthwhile or not..
Could u please advise?

austinputhur Says
Hi Dingdong... First question i shld ask is whether u desperately need an MBA.If yes with that score its little hard to get in to ISB or other premier institutes with 2.5 experinece.If u r looking for a gud b-school in India other than ISB then u can go for GLIM which is also a gud inst.It has got a placement record ,gud faculty ..more over their first batch {in 2005} has got gud placements[ 100 %] .Just hav a look in to their web site.If u r not in such a hurry thenu enjoy u'r onsiteearn some money for u'r fees and take a gud preparationgive the GMAT once more.I am sure if u will get more than 740 and try for more good B-schools.Best wisheswith regardsaustin
Low Scores in ISB ? Our very own W-Mod Simba had a 640 and was admitted not once but twice to ISB

I know of one more instance 3years ago (hence don't know if its relevant still) of someone with a 660 (dunno if you can call that low) with 4years exp to get into ISB.

Arun

hello! i have just 2years of experience then on the average how much score do i need to get into ISB