Broad Michigan Current Student taking Queries

Hello All, I am sure this application season would be going pretty exciting for all of you. I am a current MBA student at Broad School, Michigan State. If anyone has any queries or advice, you can contact me. I will appreciate if i am no…

Hello All,

I am sure this application season would be going pretty exciting for all of you. I am a current MBA student at Broad School, Michigan State.

If anyone has any queries or advice, you can contact me. I will appreciate if i am not asked for profile evaluations as it is not a possible task for me!

Thanks.

Hi

Can you please tell me the future prospects after an MBA frm Michigan...and If i m looking for a career option such as Supply chain management then would it be advisable for me to apply??

Also what r the real chances of getting a scholarship?? How was the scene at ur time

Job prospects have been always good at MIchigan State. Campus career services are really good. Even in this economy, it is catching up.
Scholarships depend on individual profiles and are available.

Hope it helps.

when do u think one sud apply to michigan and how many indian students r there in ur batch?

And wat abt my job prospects in india post MBA

We have around 15 Indians. Earlier the application in admission rounds, better it is.

I am not sure what to say on your job prospects in India question. I am not able to predict what is going to happen in 2012. 😃

Hi,

I am interested in operations. Can you please tell how broad is doing in the operations?

Thanks in advance

@learn4ever

I asked someone about your ques and this is what i got:

Broad is an excellent choice for pursuing a career in Operations. I've been extremely impressed with the caliber of companies recruiting for Operations positions from our program as well as the academic offerings afforded to Supply Chain Management students. We have access to some of the best professors in the field as well as courses like Total Quality Management where we learn how to use Six Sigma tools and practices to improve Operational Processes. This is only one such course offered among others such as Sustainability, Logistics, and Manufacturing Design.

HI Neverabandon,

I just had my interview yesterday , it was conducted by Jeff Mcnish !
He was so professional , always to the point .. Not sure how my interview went .. I would actually regard it from decent - goood . Though I am still not sure if all the experiences that I wanted to say I actually said ..
Different from what I prepared ..

I think that he gt the answers he wanted .. 😛 :splat:

I dont knw ..
Till when can I expect a result?

Any other admits on this forum?

Thanks
Darpan

Good Luck Darpan.

Time for decision totally depends on the application load generally. In the end you could wait without any worries till the decision day mentioned for Round 2 on the Broad website.

Hi Neverabadon,

Appreciate your effort to resolve queries pertaining to admission at Broad. I have applied in R3 for this year. I am in love with Broad's operation program. I wish I could make it there. I have a couple of queries about my admission.. (it may sound silly)
My GMAT score is 600 (Q:49, V:2, IELTS 7.5 (L 8.5, R 8.5, W 6.5 and S 6.5) and AWA 5.5
Work experience 3 years till July 09 (i have global exposure and worked as a project manager). (since then i left my job and currently i m enrolled in some business courses and quant courses).
Now my question is ; Do I have any chance to stay in competition for admission ?
Will they reply on the last date about admission ?
Shall I try to convince admission officer about my goof up in verbal section of GMAT? Will it be a good idea?
As a student who u like Broad's culture ? Do they support entrepreneurship?

Cheers...

Sorry @kunjan

I am not the right person to evaluate your profile for admissions. Admissions department is the one who are good at this.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers!

Hi Neverabandon,

I have applied for Broad fall 2011 and got an interview call from them in a very short period (applied on Nov 1 and got interview call on Nov 4 by mail). I am not even sure if they went through my application(or if such a call is good 😐 ). I have scheduled my interview on Nov 18th (Nov 19th midnight Indian Time) . Can you/anyone give some tips about the interview, I am interested in operations management.

Hi neverabandon,

This is my first post in any of the pagalGuy threads. I am working in a topnotch automotive organisation (4 yrs. next Aug) and I am planning to go for MBA next year.

Score : 700,6 ; TOEFL - 116, Rest - Decent (Not mind-blowing)

I spent a lot of time on the essays of all my applications (total 5, 2 in US, 3 in Asia).

Got the first interview call from Broad, I have scheduled it on 2nd Dec.

Just need to know how did your interview go? I know the questions are traditional so do you have any special tips that can give a competitive edge. How is life over there? What about the employment scenario?

I am particularly interested in the SCM program and will be glad to join it.

Thanks

hey pple,

seems neverabandon has abandoned pagalguy :)

I am a current student too so here's my 2 cents worth..

@saralp : all the best for your interview...no special tips...be genuine..thats all...and relax!!

@ShiladityaJU_TM: This is one of the best places to study SCM, job scene is picking up and as far as scm is concerned, the broad name can carry you places in the industry....all the best for your interview...

Hi Srikanth,

Can you suggest me how I can strengthen my Resume for broad? Also, What are the key factors which brings Broad above others? I have heard Michigan is a manufacturing hub. So , please elaborate about the city advantage as well.

I am working as a plant operations head in a manufacturing unit. Interested in supply chain.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Ashruth,

1) Strengthening your resume for Broad - Well, Broad looks for diverse people to fill up classes, so there is no one profile the adcomm is looking for. On your resume, bring out teamwork and leadership skills you brought to your work place.

2) Strengths of Broad -

a) Given that you want to specialize in SCM, Broad is one of your best choices
b) Good ROI - generous scholarships were awarded to many students in my year
c) Small program ( my current class size is 84 )

3) Advantage Michigan - not really, the economic slowdown has not been kind to Michigan. That said, for SCM profiles, we have recruiters come from all over the country.

Hope I answered your questions.All the best!

thanks a lot for your inputs. Well, the concerning part is that I am low on my GMAT - 600. So, can I provide some kind of explanation on this score so that in case they like my profile,they ask me to retake the exam?
I can plan to retake it if the college wants me to otherwise not.

Hi Ashruth,

1) Strengthening your resume for Broad - Well, Broad looks for diverse people to fill up classes, so there is no one profile the adcomm is looking for. On your resume, bring out teamwork and leadership skills you brought to your work place.

2) Strengths of Broad -

a) Given that you want to specialize in SCM, Broad is one of your best choices
b) Good ROI - generous scholarships were awarded to many students in my year
c) Small program ( my current class size is 84 )

3) Advantage Michigan - not really, the economic slowdown has not been kind to Michigan. That said, for SCM profiles, we have recruiters come from all over the country.

Hope I answered your questions.All the best!

Hi Srikanth!!

There is one question that I am really worried about and that is my career goal. In my essay I have mentioned that my short term goal is to work for a consulting firm that provides solutions in Supply Chain Management.

But, I am actually working in the manufacturing sector in Quality Assurance. How to back up my goals?

Thanks and cheers.

Hi Srikanth,

Does the broad mba conduct skype video calls or telecon interviews?

I gave my interview for katz and they have both the options open.

Thanks

Ashrut