Brigham Young University (BYU) MBA

If you are interested in the BYU MBA program, visit our Facebook page at Redirecting.... If you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them.

If you are interested in the BYU MBA program, visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/byumbanetwork. If you have any questions, we would be happy to answer them.

Hello Everyone

I am Vandita Razdan, a 2nd year MBA student at BYU. I am from India and I am writing this post as I am very passionate about my school and the program. I am so glad that I decided to come to BYU. Here's what I like the most about BYU MBA program:
1. Strong alumni network : BYU has a strong alumni network, more so because of the association with LDS church. I am not an LDS member but I always felt very welcomed by the alumni. I have benefited a lot from the BYU network and would continue to do so for the rest of my life.
2. Strong brand name and placement statistics : I received both my summer internship (at General Mills) and Full-time job ( at PwC) from on-campus placement activities. The career services center is very helpful. You can get more details on our placement statistics from this link : http://marriottschool.byu.edu/career/recruiters/MBA.pdf
3. Plenty of meaningful activities: There is so much to do while you are in the program. The key to be successful at BYU is also knowing how to manage your time effectively and knowing what to do and what not to do. There are business venture competitions ( Entrepreneurship related), Field Studies (real business projects that you do for a company), Global Business Certificate ( International business related), Women in Business and much more.
4. Flexibility : I like the flexibility to chose which subjects I want to take.Basically it's my MBA and I can tailor it any way I like.
5. Excellent Professors: The faculty is exceptionally competent and helpful. They know you by name and like to help you in any way they can. Most of them are subject matter experts and pretty well known both in the world of academia and business corporate.

I have also made this little video about the program. Hope it helps you to know more about BYU. Here's the link :

If you have any questions regarding the program please contact the concerned team from this link : http://marriottschool.byu.edu/mba/staff

Thanks
Vandita Razdan

Hi All,

I am a first year student at BYU. I am just 6 months old in the MBA program, and I am enjoying every bit of it. I believe Vandita has almost touched upon all the topics. Yes, this is an amazing university with exceptional teachers and placement records.I was recruited on-campus by Dell for summer internship, within 2 months ino the program. I would also like to talk a little about living in Provo. This city has one of the lowest cost of living in the US. People are very friendly and are always willing to help. I had no problems adjusting here, although I was totally new to this country.
Please feel free to shoot all your queries here.

Best,
Anubhav Johri

Hi

I am an aspirant of Fall 2013. i have taken Honor Code Interview and am in process of applying which I believe should be over by February 28, 2013.

My Profile is given below-

GMAT-600 (2 times)
TOEFL- Awaited
Education- M. Sc. Agriculture (8.33/10.00) and B. Sc. Agriculture (8.33/10.00)
Some Financial certifications like JAIIB, CAIIB, Diploma in Micro Finance and SME Finance

Work- 8 years in Development Banking-Microfinance, project finance and SME finance, Branch Manager since last 2 years

Extracurricular- Social Service, Debate, Football, Chess and composing poems.

Please guide me as it is my dream university.
Hi Catiim,
You have certainly taken a step in the right direction. BYU is an excellent school. Good luck with your admission process. I will have Vandita take your questions.

To add to what has already been said-:

Learning--BYU is immersed in values, rigorous in theory and experiential in practice. Professors are very approachable. They invite periodic feedbacks on their classes, which I think is exceptional as it indicates that the professors are genuinely invested in the on-going learning process.

The best value for your money- The icing on the cake -- the program is very affordable! I will be graduating with an insignificant loan (which is such a blessing!). Follow the link for the estimated expenses
http://saas.byu.edu/ebrochure/BYU_Financial_Aid_and_Scholarships_Guide/Step_1__Count_the_Cost/Cost_of_Attendance.php

Placements - I started my MBA program in July 2012 and Companies started pouring in, in the month of October. I have my internship lined up at Adobe for Summer 2013, already 😃 Thanks to the Business Career center at BYU that offers one-on-one career advising that specializes in your major. The strong and lifelong tradition of alums engaging with and assisting current students is a treasured gift.

Religion- Even though, the School receives generous funds from the Church. Its all-embracing of people from other faiths. The school provides various platforms and opportunities for BYU students to know more about and embrace the religious diversity of the student body.
Place -Provo is called the happy valley and reasonably, so, you will see happy faces everywhere. The BYU MBA community is a very collaborative and inclusive, especially if you are considering to come with your family. There are a lot of activities round the year that spouses are invited for.

I will carry these enriching experiences and lasting friendships with me, where ever I go. The BYU MBA experience has been truly unique. I invite for you to come discover this gem that will forever transform you

@YSon @AnubhavJohri @VanditaRazdan

May you please advise me about my chances of getting admission. If you have some tips to share please do. My Score is low but can that be compensated by great referance and a good overall academic and ECA record. Please share your email IDs so that I can send my resume if required.

Dear Catiim

We appreciate your interest in the BYU MBA program. In regards to admissions, I recommend that you send an email to mba@byu.edu. The admissions team would evaluate your candidature and let you know. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Vandita
@YSon @VanditaRazdan @AnubhavJohri I am applying in. However, I wanted an informal feedback from current students. They have made it their own where I wanna go, they may advise as compared to their own profile. You guys have been there, done that...I need some guidance based on the approach of School and my profile. Like in my essays I am stressing own ethical business values and chaste culture. Hope I receive some solid advise based on your own experience. The school does not emphasize on diversity it seems.....

Dear catiim

BYU values evidence of leadership and managerial skills and commitment to the mission of BYU .I always recommend candidates to be honest and to convey what they are most passionate about. It's your life story and if you truly believe in it, you will be able to justify that in the interview as well. In case of further queries please reach out to our admissions team at mba@byu.edu. Good Luck with the application process.

Thanks,
Vandita
Hi Everyone

I am Suruchi Agnihotri, a first year MBA student at BYU - Marriott School of Management. Eight months down my MBA journey, I feel that this is one of the most enriching experiences of my life. This is an amazing institution where the philosophy of education is a bit different than most MBA schools. Instead of the cut-throat competition that you expect at other schools, we have a culture of collaboration and team work. There is a personal touch to everything, you are welcomed by the community and you get assimilated in no time. With the added advantages of excellent faculty, low tuition, low cost of living, and excellent placement opportunities, BYU-MBA is several steps ahead of other Business Schools. I am glad that I came here.
Shoot me any queries that you might have.

Thanks
Suruchi Agnihotri

Hi.Iam considering to apply for BYU's MBA in ob/hr concentration in december this year. After my MBA i want to work in US.But i heard that getting an h1b visa for HR MBAs in US is almost impossible as it does not qualify in H1b category.Please shed some light on this.?Are indian students who took HR in byu able to work in US oh h1b?

Dear Rohit

BYU recently got ranked number 1 worldwide for an MBA in OB/HR. Here's the link :
http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/fab6434a-48fe-11e1-954a-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1lG3z74Xp
Since BYU commands such a great reputation, we have exceptional placements for our MBA grads specially those who major in OB/HR.
I did my MBA in HR and I got a great full-time opportunity. The company is sponsoring my H1-B as well. So, as long as you work hard, sponsorship should not be a problem irrespective of your emphasis.
Thanks,
Vandita

@SuruchiA

Hi Everyone

I am Suruchi Agnihotri, a first year MBA student at BYU - Marriott School of Management. Eight months down my MBA journey, I feel that this is one of the most enriching experiences of my life. This is an amazing institution where the philosophy of education is a bit different than most MBA schools. Instead of the cut-throat competition that you expect at other schools, we have a culture of collaboration and team work. There is a personal touch to everything, you are welcomed by the community and you get assimilated in no time. With the added advantages of excellent faculty, low tuition, low cost of living, and excellent placement opportunities, BYU-MBA is several steps ahead of other Business Schools. I am glad that I came here. Shoot me any queries that you might have.

ThanksSuruchi Agnihotri

Hi Suruchi...

can you let me know about the major strengths of the college..

i am really interested in operations

Thanks