Brandeis IBS 2008 - admits

Hello all, I recently got an admit in Brandeis International business school. ( 60% scholarship and 25%university loan). I have been enquiring a few people and i have received very good comments from them all. Is there any one els…

Hello all,

I recently got an admit in Brandeis International business school. ( 60% scholarship and 25%university loan).

I have been enquiring a few people and i have received very good comments from them all.

Is there any one else who applied ? Lets start interacting on this!

I have also applied for few other colls:
1. Boston college R1 - interviewd and waiting for Decisions
2. georgetown R1- interviewed and waiting for decisions
3. Washington univ, olin - R2 - waiting for a call

Any other persons who have applied for these colls and waiting like me??

Regards
Suchan

Wow.. thats nice to hear. I too have gotten an admit from IBS, Brandeis with the same scholarship amount (60% scholarship and 25% loan).

I've also enquired abt Brandeis with my fellow mates in the NY area. They have given me good reviews abt it. So, prob will take it.

I've applied to a few more univs...

1. NotreDame
2. Purdue
3. Vanderbilt (telephonic interview tonite)
4. Babson College
5. Michigan State Univ
6. Rice

looks a long list eh :P
btw... pm me ur contact no/id.. we can keep in touch.

Hi Guyz!

Congratz!! IBS also offered me admission with Global Leadershi Award (50% scholarship), and 33% Brandeis University Loan. Initially, I was also concerned about the reputation of the MBA program.

Then, I talked with 2 IBS Alumni, 1 Brandeis Alumnus, 2 of my faculty at Institute of Business Administration (IBA), University of Dhaka, 1 IBA class mate who is at Pace Univ, NY), and my uncle
who lives in Boston. All of them said, it is a very good school which has a name in the US business arena. It is one of the best universities in Massachusetts.

In December 2007, as you may know, Brandeis IBS MBA program has been accredited by AACSB. Only 300 schools across the globe have this accreditation. Go to IBS Homepage and you'll find the story in the 'news' section.

I've already accepted the offer, and I'm in the process of sending the enrollment deposits.

Hope to meet you this fall at the IBS.

Tawhid,
Dhaka, Bangladesh

well.. i'm glad to hear that.. i'm still waiting the results of Notredame and Purdue before giving my assent... But I guess I'm so enamored by Brandeis (proximity to NY) and the personnel in the Ad-Com (who were friendly and prompt), that I will be taking up Brandeis anyways.. 😛

ah god!!
thought i was alone.. taapu and kingo.. nice meeting u guys..
so far i have not heard anything worrying about IBS..

its amazing some say.. and i have contacts with the director and few current students and alumnus.. so all looks good.. but still i am waiting up till 21 feb ( my acceptance deadline) to work out reaching a decision..

Kingochennai.. reach me at taste_the_spice at yahoo dot co dot in.

Hopefully see u in IBS..

thanks
Sudarsan P

Hey Sudarshan! Thanks for your reply. I'm glad to know that you'll be my classmate at the IBS :-):infinity:

Sorry to trouble you all, but could you post your profiles for the benefit of us noobs ?
Thanks In advance

38 months PE in IT - product developement
680 GMAT
dual engineering degree - b.tech in chemical engg and b.tech Information technology
excellent extra currics

well as such, was looking for a simple diverse environment - am interested in meeting people and learning business in a calm environment..

Hi folks!!
It's great to know that ppl are looking at IBS seriously.. I have looked every nook n corner to touchbase with students who are considering IBS for fall 2008...
I've got an admit in IBS with 75% scholarship (n that's the reason why i was thinking abt the univs goodwill) coz generally it's virtually impossible to get such a handsome deal!!

Well, after talking & discussing with many students.. I have found that IBs has a good finance course to offer..
Shall keep u guyz posted..on more details

[email protected]

Hi Guyz,

I also got an admit from brandeis with 50% scholarship & 25 % univ loan. i have paid the 1st enrollment deposit as well. Now enquiring about its reputation with different sources. i hope to meet you guyz ASAP.

Regards,
Roshan.

My profile is as follows:

GMAT: 560
IELTS: 8
Work Experience: 3 years in Business Process/Systems Auditing (mostly of Apollo Hospitals Dhaka)
Member: The Institiute of Internal Auditors (IIA)
ISO 9000 Series/Quality Management System Lead Auditor

I hope it helps you 😃