Brand value of Nanyang / NTU in INDIA??

Hi Everyone, I wanted to know how well recognised is the brand name of Nanyang Business school in India? I have 5+ years in IT and am looking to get into Project management in good IT firms in India, after earning an MBA in Singapore. Ha…

Hi Everyone,
I wanted to know how well recognised is the brand name of Nanyang Business school in India?

I have 5+ years in IT and am looking to get into Project management in good IT firms in India, after earning an MBA in Singapore.
Have applied to Nanyang and NUS but concerned since in India, while ppl have heard of NUS, they still go 'Nanyang????' whenever I mention the college.
So is it just my circle, or do IT recruiters in India also have the same opinion?

I'll be grateful if any current / past Nanyang students could please let me know the foll
1. Considering I want to return to India to take up PM roles in IT, how is the Nanyang MBA vis-a-vis the NUS MBA?

2. Could someone give me a ballpark salary figure for such a role after a Nanyang MBA? They have provided sal figures in Singapore, but what abt jobs in India?

3. How is the ROI with a job in Singapore? Can someone comment on the below calculation?? Exc rate considered 1 Singaporean dollar = 33 INR

MBA cost: ~24L (yes, living costs are realllllly high in Singapore, even worse than Europe).
Good job post MBA in Singapore might fetch: $55- 60,000 annually
Savings after expenses and taxes: $15000 ~ 5L
To recover my MBA investment (to which I need to further add interest of the edu loan), I'm looking at 5+ years
Therefore the way I look at things, it makes more sense to work in India after the MBA.
Comments please guys..

Hi, can anyone from Nanyang pleease reply to my queries? I'm sure it'll help many ppl out there.

Or everyone planning to continue in Singapore only after nanyang mba? 😉

Hi, can anyone from Nanyang pleease reply to my queries? I'm sure it'll help many ppl out there.

Or everyone planning to continue in Singapore only after nanyang mba? ;)

in case you might have done some research abt Singapore...
do u know which is rated better NUS or NTU (for local job prospects)..

Also, I think you grossly underestimated the annual saving figure (r u sure those are not in USD?)

-goldenirony
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to know how well recognised is the brand name of Nanyang Business school in India?

I have 5+ years in IT and am looking to get into Project management in good IT firms in India, after earning an MBA in Singapore.
Have applied to Nanyang and NUS but concerned since in India, while ppl have heard of NUS, they still go 'Nanyang????' whenever I mention the college.
So is it just my circle, or do IT recruiters in India also have the same opinion?

I'll be grateful if any current / past Nanyang students could please let me know the foll
1. Considering I want to return to India to take up PM roles in IT, how is the Nanyang MBA vis-a-vis the NUS MBA?

2. Could someone give me a ballpark salary figure for such a role after a Nanyang MBA? They have provided sal figures in Singapore, but what abt jobs in India?

3. How is the ROI with a job in Singapore? Can someone comment on the below calculation?? Exc rate considered 1 Singaporean dollar = 33 INR

MBA cost: ~24L (yes, living costs are realllllly high in Singapore, even worse than Europe).
Good job post MBA in Singapore might fetch: $55- 60,000 annually
Savings after expenses and taxes: $15000 ~ 5L
To recover my MBA investment (to which I need to further add interest of the edu loan), I'm looking at 5+ years
Therefore the way I look at things, it makes more sense to work in India after the MBA.
Comments please guys..

Hi Henry,

I was planning to apply to NUS and NTU this year (and also to HKU and HKUST) in the last round. I also plan to come back to India after MBA, so had the same queries as you do. Please PM me if you get info from somewhere else (since there are no replies here).

Thanks in advance,
Siddharth

Hi Henry and Siddharth,

Did you find any answers to your queries above? Well, can you please post them here. I am sure it will help many like me.

Thanks,
Ankur

anybody applying for ntu 2015 intake

Hi Puys.. I have 4yrs work ex in IT and a GMAT score of 620.plz suggest does this score suffice or i need a much bigger score for a sure admit ?? Kindly suggest