bout tiss

guys…any idea bout the M.A. in personal management frm TISS mumbai…the placement, selection and stuff last for application is 14th or 23rd feb…i checked out the website and google searched bout the institute…not much info though a…

guys..any idea bout the M.A. in personal management frm TISS mumbai...the placement, selection and stuff

last for application is 14th or 23rd feb...i checked out the website and google searched bout the institute...not much info though

any ideas are more than welcome

Moved by pagalguy to .. err.. the right forum

The main thing about TISS is that the exam is held at the Institute itself!!

M.A. IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT & INDUSTRIAL RELATIONS

Eligibility: A Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent from a recognized university in
(i) Arts/Commerce/Medicine/Law/Nursing with a minimum aggregate marks of 50% (40% for SC/ST) or the equivalent grade; (ii) Science/Engineering with a minimum aggregate marks of 55% (45% for SC/ST) or the equivalent grade.

APPLICATION FORM AND INFORMATION BROCHURE are available at the Institute on cash payment of Rs.250/- per form, (Monday to Friday: 10.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m., and 1.30 p.m. to 2.00 p.m. and Saturday 10.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.) OR may also be obtained through POST by sending (i) a demand draft of Rs. 300/- (non-refundable) per form, drawn in favour of the Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai. (ii) A self-addressed envelope (20 cm x 25 cm), to the Assistant Registrar (Academic).

Students may apply on the form downloadable at http://www.tiss.edu together with a demand draft for Rs. 500/- per form for the programme

LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF COMPLETED APPLICATIONS at the Institute by hand or by post: 14.02.2003

The Entrance Tests will be held in June, 2003 at the Institute only.

ELECTION PROCEDURE AND ADMISSION

Assessment for Selection
Those satisfying the eligibility requirements will be assessed for selection through the following:

Academic Background
The academic background is assessed by the overall percentage of marks secured in the Bachelor's Degree.

Essay Test
The essay test (ET) aims at assessment of knowledge about contemporary issues in the field and sensitivity to social issues, expressed through written analysis in English. The time allotted is 45 minutes. For PM and IR candidates, an objective test of 20 minutes duration may also be conducted.

Group Discussion
The group discussion (GD) aims at assessment of knowledge about contemporary issues in the field and sensitivity to social issues expressed orally in English in a group situation. The time allotted is 20 minutes.

Personal Interview
The names of the candidates eligible for interview on the basis of performance in the tests and group discussion may be announced on the same day. The interview will be held on the next working day. Candidates are requested to see the Notice Board for the exact timing of their personal interviews. Candidates not eligible for interview should immediately vacate the hostel, if availed of it, to make room for other candidates.

hey is it meant for engineers..is it a MBA course?

Its not am MBA degree but a MA that they offer..the placements they say are fundoo..and a great insti if one is keen on HR or PM

hey!
a friend of mine who's applying to tiss wants to know what kind of topics are given for the essay test. anyone has any ideas? past exp etc?

thanks
sandhya

any idea what issues they are giving in the IIFT essay thing????
adios
psmith

hi frendz,

any idea about the no. of seats at TISS? also tell me what type of topics theygive for the essays. i've heard there shall be 3 topics for us to choose 1 from. is this true?

cheerio!

ALL TISS ASPIRANTS,

Myself Roshan. My sis passed from TISS in 2001. Excellent institute with superb placements. Great faculty and just 30 studs in the batch.

Selection process is tough. Essays are on POLITICS, SOCIOLOGY & ECO.

GD`s are too techie and require great practice. Interviews in depth and grilling on fundas and gk.

my sis had been coached by prof. KAMAT of Mumbai (TISS ALUMNI-CLASS OF 89).
his mobile number is 9820194068.

My sis settled in US now and is into research. self will be appearing for CAT next year.

as regards my sis she qualified for interview from about 450 studs who had appeared that day. only 8 were called for intvw.

my main goal is iim`s. if not them tiss or xl. wld prefer tiss, as it is the BEST and only inst. having practical trg. in the form of field work right from 1st sem.

if u need any more info, plse.let me know.

thks and rgds.

ROSHAN.

Hi,
apart from the essay there also is a QA and DI test in TISS
could you confirm
regards
RM

the qa and di test has been cancelled from this year!!!

can any tissian tell me about the placement of M.A in DISASTER MANAGEMENT in tiss .

I have got a call for the same course so pls tell me whether or not should i join this course in tiss....since i know nthing much about the subject so pls do help .....

can any tissian tell me about the placement of M.A in DISASTER MANAGEMENT in tiss .

I have got a call for the same course so pls tell me whether or not should i join this course in tiss....since i know nthing much about the subject so pls do help .....

Hi

Welcome to PG

You have bumped into a 3 year old thread.Please post your queries here.

You can post your queries here

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...10-call-4.html (TISS(9Prgm)2008-10 Call Getters POLL & GD/PI discussion)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...08-2010-a.html (Tiss-hrm-lr-2008-2010)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...-topic-20.html (TISS 2008 GDPI preparation- A Topic a Day !)

http://www.pagalguy.com/forum/other-...0-call-51.html (TISS HRM 2008-10 Call Getters, GD/PI discussion and experiences)

Mods please lock this thread.

Yenjaay