Boston University Full Tuition scholarship

Hey folks, just got an email from Boston University. I have been accepted into the MS.MBA program there and have been awarded a combination of scholarships that amount to $73,000 out of a possible $78,500 of tuition fees. To steal a line from…

Hey folks,

just got an email from Boston University. I have been accepted into the MS.MBA program there and have been awarded a combination of scholarships that amount to $73,000 out of a possible $78,500 of tuition fees. To steal a line from the Godfather, "the've made an offer I cant refuse". Lets see...unless the rest of the places I have applied to are feeling generous, I'm going to Boston!

anyone else coming to BU?
Hey folks,

just got an email from Boston University. I have been accepted into the MS.MBA program there and have been awarded a combination of scholarships that amount to $73,000 out of a possible $78,500 of tuition fees. To steal a line from the Godfather, "the've made an offer I cant refuse". Lets see...unless the rest of the places I have applied to are feeling generous, I'm going to Boston!

Can you plz tell us your profile...?

Acades
Professional work ex, if any
Extra Curric

Anything else worth letting us know!

:-)
Hey folks,

hey can u give some details abt ur application... ur gmat score/ profile/ reccos etc?

He has 660 GMAT...
NGO work ex in China.
international degree...
Eupho yaar check previous posts... and check that thread I told him you are going to get in everywhere (another prediction trick:wink:)

Even a Desi 760 GMAT cant match that profile...
Slurp... Tuition scholarship is a heavy deal man

Congrats Rollingstone and good luck

K

DG yaar,

tu IIM me ek side business suru kar deana - predicting future for guys and GULS too!

awesome profile...will have to wait for reincarnation, and yes, its possible..today only watched one 'kissa' on Aaj Tak

so, m preparing for the next birth now

Hey DesiGuru ... you do have a point ... full tuition is a mouth watering prospect. For the other folks, I've rambled a little bit about myself and my profile in earlier posts ... so look me up if its worth your while. The only difference from my earliar posts might be my GMAT score which I bumbed up from 660 to 740.

If im not mistaken
Jack Welch did an MBA at BU

Yale is becoming better i think... Personally only Yale sounds better with a similar schol that is...
And Yeah with a 740 you should have tried HBS, Wharton

Only HBS without schol beats BU with schol... in my book

best luck,

K

If im not mistaken

Yale is becoming better i think... Personally only Yale sounds better with a similar schol that is...
And Yeah with a 740 you should have tried HBS, Wharton

Only HBS without schol beats BU with schol... in my book

best luck,

K

Indeed Yale sounds better with a scholarship. So does Maryland and Cornell, the other places I have applied. Havent heard from Cornell (I applied on the 3rd Jan) and I have a Maryland interview scheduled on Tuesday.

As far as HBS, Wharton ... of course they sound better ... I guess you dont really need to be a rocket scientist to figure that out. But my point is, when it comes down to it for me personally ... I'm a guy who likes to be a big fish in a "relatively decent sized" pond than a small fish in a "big pond".

HBS gives you a pond size of 90 anyways

Your background is the class enriching types yaar...
Indian worked in China. NGO.
Dude with background in Two blooming economies that are much talked about...

In a direct face to face interview you can sell yourself for financial aid at even Yale and dunno about ranks but too many indians in Maryland
Stick to BU over that... Cornell is definitely ranked higher... but hey Jack Welch went to BU as i said

bye
K

PS: Mention you got aid at BU to the ones you got an admit or have an interview:wink:

HBS gives you a pond size of 90 anyways

Your background is the class enriching types yaar...
Indian worked in China. NGO.
Dude with background in Two blooming economies that are much talked about...

In a direct face to face interview you can sell yourself for financial aid at even Yale and dunno about ranks but too many indians in Maryland
Stick to BU over that... Cornell is definitely ranked higher... but hey Jack Welch went to BU as i said

bye
K

PS: Mention you got aid at BU to the ones you got an admit or have an interview:wink:

I was talking about the figurative pond. 😃

Yes I do know that my background is my strength in this application "zhamela"

I've been thinking about injecting the scholarship bit in to the rest of my schools ... but only after I get accepted ... if I do that is. 😃

"Too many Indians in Maryland" ... for real? I didnt know that...but it makes sense with its tech focus MBA. I have a cousin who did his MBA there and is doing very well there. So thats a big draw for me. Once again, whoever makes me an offer I cant refuse is going to be my host. Molaah matterzz!:satisfie:

congreats dude...wish u all the best.

Hey folks,

If im not mistaken

K

AFAIK, Jack Welch isnt an MBA. He got a Ph.D in Chemistry from UMass, Amherst.

Maybe we need a poll, I think it was U of Illinois...

Bachelors from UMass
MS PhD from Illinois...

Yes no MBA... I thought I read somewhere he got a part time one there... Maybe just wrongful advertising... pardon me...

There... The manager of the century is not an MBA
Why the mad rush then:wink:

Lot of Safety and Security in mediocrity

K

koi mujhe bhee batao

He has 660 GMAT...
NGO work ex in China.
international degree...
Eupho yaar check previous posts... and check that thread I told him you are going to get in everywhere (another prediction trick;-))
Hey folks,

Hey rollinstone...
I have an interview scheduled with BU in first week of March....
Can you throw some light on your interview process..the questions you were asked.
i have also applied for the MS-MBA program...so what were the particular questions related to that???

thanks

Hey there Eternal,

My interview lasted about 35 mins and was prety straightforward. The questions I was asked were ones I had prepared for and didnt really make me break a sweat. They were

1) Summarize your full time work experience to date
2) Why MBA? Why now?
3) What are your short term and long term goals?
4) What aspects of the MS.MBA prog appeal to you?
5) Can you give me an example of when you played a leadership role?
6) Can you give me an example of when you played a role in a team?
7) What lessons did you learn from the teamwork experience? positive/negative aspects?
How do you plan to be active on campus
9) Do you have any questions for us?

One thing that works for me during interviews is interjecting questions of your own while answering the questions the person is asking you. Try to make the interviewer talk as much as possible. Ask questions about him/her, what their educational background is, how long they have worked at X school of management, what they think about the school and the city in general.

hope this helps and all the best
peace

Total fee of 78000$??? Their web site quotes a much lower figure!!! so wats tis al about???

Hey folks,

Kudos!!
rollin ,,opportunity knocks on door only once ......