Boston University admit

Hi Guys, After being dinged from ISB on friday, I got a good news from Boston. I have been accepted with a schol of $ 70k spread over two years. They had earlier waitlisted me because they thought it wasnt my first choice. I convinced them som…

Hi Guys,
After being dinged from ISB on friday, I got a good news from Boston.
I have been accepted with a schol of $ 70k spread over two years. They had earlier waitlisted me because they thought it wasnt my first choice. I convinced them somehow.
It was actually my safe school.
I have also applied to
ISB - dinged
Kelly - Interviewed, waiting for the decision
Purdue - waiting for the decision
Smith - Interviewed, waiting for the decision
Rotman - Interviewed, waiting for the decision

My profile-
GMAT 710
GPA 8.08/10 ( REC)
Extra Curr Good
Exp 4 years in IT (CRM)
Goals - Consulting

Now i am in a dilemma, it looks like a good offer but Boston is not too high in the rank lists. But on the otherside the placement rates are quite good and the place also provides a lot of opputunites.
What say you guys about this situation. Inputs and comments please.

Thanks,

Hi Guys,
After being dinged from ISB on friday, I got a good news from Boston.
I have been accepted with a schol of $ 70k spread over two years. They had earlier waitlisted me because they thought it wasnt my first choice. I convinced them somehow.
It was actually my safe school.
I have also applied to
ISB - dinged
Kelly - Interviewed, waiting for the decision
Purdue - waiting for the decision
Smith - Interviewed, waiting for the decision
Rotman - Interviewed, waiting for the decision

My profile-
GMAT 710
GPA 8.08/10 ( REC)
Extra Curr Good
Exp 4 years in IT (CRM)
Goals - Consulting

Now i am in a dilemma, it looks like a good offer but Boston is not too high in the rank lists. But on the otherside the placement rates are quite good and the place also provides a lot of opputunites.
What say you guys about this situation. Inputs and comments please.

Thanks,

congrats man . Its a big thing to fetch such a great schol from a decent college .

I have sent u a pm , do read.

many many congratulations for your admit buddy !

and double congo for the scholarship

Thanks guys,
What abt the inputs on the program

Hi MLEO!
I too have got an admit in Boston with the same schol. Do let me know ur contact details so that we can be in touch

great to see someone else with an admit
whats ur profile

My profile-
GMAT 750
Precentage 65% ( REC, Comp Science)
Extra Curr Very Good
Exp 4 years in IT
Goals - Own S/w Company

Do Let me know ur contact info...we can probably explore more abt Boston 😃

I have sent u a pm
check it out

hi huys.... I too have secured an admit from Boston......

squeezed in a scholarship as well :)

mleo and suvrat pls PM me your numbers so that we can be in touch......... so what other colleges have you guys applied to?

so which other colleges are you guys expecting a admit?

Looking forward to talking with you (of ocurse once you guys PM me your number) 😃

hi ppl.....i have also received an admission offer from BU.
anybody planning to join the MS-MBA programme..?

my profile:
GMAT:710
Work Ex:3 yrs IT

Wow looks like there have been a lot of people from India who have been admitted to the program at Boston.....Congrats Kunal and welcome ot the gang.... I think the Average GMAT and Boston will shoot through the roof if we all join in because most of us have good GMAT's :)

Kunal check you PM I have sent you my number..... do reply

Congrats Kunal.

kamakazie What about your Duke results? I heard the results are out.

I am waitlisted :(

Not happy at all ....... because I really thought that I had a good interview.... anyways I guess life moves on 😃

Great guys,

Congrats to all of you who made it. Keep the spirit going..

All the best.

Inputs from a current student---

probably you would need another 25-35 k for two years based on how you want to live....Job scene here is very different from what we have in India, there are rarely campus recruitments and mostly people reach out to companies they want to work for, try to network with people there and finally push their resume through, anyways if u r not looking Ibanking then BU has a pretty good reputation.

Inputs from a current student---

probably you would need another 25-35 k f......... if u r not looking Ibanking then BU has a pretty good reputation.

Hey man thanks for that info..... I am also planning to get in touch with a few people .... will let you know anymore info I can unearth 😃

One more info a current student
BU is good for tech consulting

One more info a current student
BU is good for tech consulting

Yes Boston is definitely good for Technology consulting. Plus the number of Tech firm in Boston area is alos good which means the placements will be better..... but I also know that finance placements are also good and Boston has a number of good financial forms as well.... a thing that worries me though is that companies like the Boston Consulting Group (BCG) do not recruit even a single person from Boston!

Kinda makes you think why that could be the case..... any thoughts?

That was the first thing i was shocked abt.
BCG is not in their recruitng list..
Dont know why? Or is it that people do get jobs there but it doesnt come to the campus as a visiting company and thats the reason its not in the list