Boston Univ MBA 2010

Hi Friends, Boston Univ applicants, let have a separate thread. Did any one amoung you received the mail about off campus interviews to be arranged for people applying by 16th Nov???

Hi Friends,
Boston Univ applicants, let have a separate thread. Did any one amoung you received the mail about off campus interviews to be arranged for people applying by 16th Nov???

Hi Friends,
Boston Univ applicants, let have a separate thread. Did any one amoung you received the mail about off campus interviews to be arranged for people applying by 16th Nov???

No such mail for me. When did you get this mail?

Today evening...

sunilchanchlani Says
No such mail for me. When did you get this mail?

Yea, i too recieved this email stringsOfMba. I guess we need to apply by the 16th in order to be interviewed in India. Isn't it?

Ya exactly...But the web site says that the first deadline is 15th Dec...So is the first deadline of 15th or 16th???

connectansh Says
Yea, i too recieved this email stringsOfMba. I guess we need to apply by the 16th in order to be interviewed in India. Isn't it?

In order to be interviewed on 16th November in New Delhi, we need to submit the the application by then. The deadline remains as it was. A face to face interview is much more useful than a telephonic one certainly. In case you are serious, go for the personal interview.

That's my understanding.

I may be wrong in my understanding but the mail says to submit the app by 16th November..It does not say to be intrviewed on the 16th...Anyway to end the speculation, lets contact them..They are available on gtalk at our night time to resolve queries...Their id :

[email protected]

whats ur profile @connectansh

In order to be interviewed on 16th November in New Delhi, we need to submit the the application by then. The deadline remains as it was. A face to face interview is much more useful than a telephonic one certainly. In case you are serious, go for the personal interview.

That's my understanding.

Alright, have a chat with them.

My profile is...

5 years work experience in strategy and business development in the IT sector (right now)
710 GMAT
acads - good
Community service - awesome
EC's - good

:)

Alright, have a chat with them.

My profile is...

5 years work experience in strategy and business development in the IT sector (right now)
710 GMAT
acads - good
Community service - awesome
EC's - good

:)

Hey man!

Awesome profile!

I too sent my scores to BU.

I think the stress on 16th nov deadline is because BU is coming to Delhi on 28th Nov as part of QS mba tour,.

Here is my profile::

Gmat - 720(50,36)
10th - 72
12- 82
engg - 70
work ex - 2 years till now with the Big blue (IT-SAP technical)
EC's - decent

I havent even started yet on the apps :-(

Regards!

You are right MU, that's the whole point. We need to send hard copies of academic score sheets too, right?

Marijuana and Pink Floyd go pretty well together by the by! I am more into Beatles, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Radiohead though these days.

For BU, is TOEFL mandatory for those from India?

You are right MU, that's the whole point. We need to send hard copies of academic score sheets too, right?

Marijuana and Pink Floyd go pretty well together by the by! I am more into Beatles, Nirvana, Soundgarden and Radiohead though these days.

To be precise, it is Floyd and Vodka

Yeah we need to send the hard copies. Here is the text from the site

The transcript should be delivered to the School of Management in a sealed envelope from the school's registrar's office. This may arrive with other documents mailed from you or directly from the issuing institution.

Original transcripts should be mailed to:
Boston University School of Management
Graduate Admission Office
595 Commonwealth Avenue
Boston, MA 02215

Nirvana :thumbsup:.. Old school and heavy metal does it for me! :)

sanarian84 Says
For BU, is TOEFL mandatory for those from India?

Yeah the website mentions that!

Official results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System), or PTE (Pearson Test of English) if you did not receive a degree in the US, UK, Canada, or Australia*.

Really not sure about the waiver thing as of now!

Regards!

Can you all post the reason/s behind choosing Boston Uni for app?

For me, some of the factors are::

1. Its location!
2. Its schol favouring attitude!
3. feedback from current students/ex students
4. MBA in general management

List not in any order!

Although, BU is not very highly ranked but some how I feel the exposure is awesome(feedback from current students) and because it is in boston, the companies come to the campus in large no.

Regards!
Deepanshu.

The off campus interview dates for India can be found at

Admission Interviews for the Full-time MBA at Boston University School of Management

Hi Deepanshu, our reasons are pretty much same as yours...

Can you all post the reason/s behind choosing Boston Uni for app?

For me, some of the factors are::
stringsOfMba Says
Hi Deepanshu, our reasons are pretty much same as yours...

Same reasons go for me too !!! + a decent batch size + the concept Art,Science & Technology
The punch just makes me think that i'm the one for BU

A Query : Intv are in first week of Dec. Does that mean all those who submit it in R2 won't get a chance a for F2F intv even in Jan or some ALum intv. As much as i would hv liked to have F2F intv, i just can't take out time out of my schedule. More than me my referees are busy. My reco for another school has been with them for over 1 month now without any action. Don't know how all the things can be managed.
And i would also like to give BU a real good shot. hoping to submit it in first week of Dec after meeting with BU representatives at mba fair

First round shortlisted people will definitely get a chance of face to face. For the alumni i/vs, you can inquire with them whether they will make such an arrangement....

Same reasons go for me too !!! + a decent batch size + the concept Art,Science & Technology
The punch just makes me think that i'm the one for BU

Hi Frnds,

I am also targeting the R1 deadline of Nov 15.

My profile :
GMAT - 730
EC- Gud
Acads - Gud
Ex- 5 years by fall 2010 - IT

Ne thoughts on the differences between MS-MBA and MBA other than the credits.

Regards,
Wish.

Guys,.
any idea as to how many days it would take for the gmat and toefl score to reach the admission office after i submit it.. Also how many days would it take for the transcripts( by mail ) and recommenders opinions ( submitted online ) to reach the office?

SHould all the above, along with the application reach the admission office simultaneously before November 15th?

The interview on 16th is only for the normal 2 year MBA or the other options as well?

thanks,
Vishnu