Boston College (Carroll) 2009 Applicants & Admits

:: Hi, guys… I couldn’t find any recent (or active) thread for Boston College (a.k.a Carroll School of Management) applicants. Anyone appplied, interested admitted for Fall 2009? Let’s share the thoughts and experience! Anyone done w…

Hi, guys...

I couldn't find any recent (or active) thread for Boston College (a.k.a Carroll School of Management) applicants. Anyone appplied, interested admitted for Fall 2009? Let's share the thoughts and experience!

Anyone done with 'interview'? Mine is scheduled on 19th Dec.

I applied in R1. Did you schedule ur own interview or were you invited?

dream007 Says
I applied in R1. Did you schedule ur own interview or were you invited?

Luckily, I managed to schedule my own interview. I found out after submitting an application that I need to schedule my own... That was
close... Did you schedule the interview? Mine is on 19th (phone interview)...

I saw the link to schedule the interview, but i thought i will wait for the invite. I dont know if it wise, but I have taken the decision, i guess its too late to schedule one now. Best of luck for ur interview. Let me know how it goes. Are you going on campus?

Hi guys,I just got myself registered. I had my interview with Carroll last week. It went on very smoothly. The interview lasted for an hour. The interviewer was someone called Glenn Kasses. Very friendly guy! The questions were pretty usual stuff..like Why MBA, leadership skills ..more from my current job, Why Carroll? Few questions on Diversity etc. The results will be declared on 15th of Jan. Keeping fingers crossed 😃

Nope... As I mention in the previous post, I have a phone interview appointment... (I'm in Hong Kong right now...)

I'll post my experience soon after the interview.

Good luck to you and myself. I need more good news thesedays...

Hi Guys,

Pls share ur profiles here especially those of you who are getting interview invites. That will benefit others who are planning to apply in R2

Thanks

killgmat Says
hi guys,i just got myself registered. I had my interview with carroll last week. It went on very smoothly. The interview lasted for an hour. The interviewer was someone called glenn kasses. Very friendly guy! The questions were pretty usual stuff..like why mba, leadership skills ..more from my current job, why carroll? Few questions on diversity etc. The results will be declared on 15th of jan. Keeping fingers crossed :-)

hi .. Thanks for the information .. Will be of gr8 help .. Have to ask u something .... Was he (glenn kasses ) a student at bc or was he some faculty member????
amoeba Says
hi .. Thanks for the information .. Will be of gr8 help .. Have to ask u something .... Was he (glenn kasses ) a student at bc or was he some faculty member????

Glenn is in his second year.
KillGmat Says
Glenn is in his second year.

what were the other questions that he asked u .... if u cud share plz

Hi,

I'm Chandramouli.

GMAT- 720 (5)
UG - 84%
Experience - 4 years experience in IT industry( 5 years when i join next fall)
No coding involved at all.
2 years international experience in Africa in Middle East.
EC's - Very good.

Carroll had mailed me yesterday and asked me to schedule an interview. I could find a slot only on 17th december and i hv taken it. A telephonic though. But 1hr for an interview, tat too telephonic is too much

Can someone give some tips to ace the interview?

Regards,
Mouli

Got waitlisted without interview...

amoeba Says
what were the other questions that he asked u .... if u cud share plz

I dont remember the order..
1)tell me about yourself

2)Leadership skills.

3)What kind of a leader are you?

4)Few questions specific to my background/profile

5)Why Carroll?

6)How would you add to the diversity of the B School?

7)More on my ECs

Post MBA plans

9)Short term and Long term goals

10) How will my undergrad + background help me shape my goals

It went on for an hour or 75 mins. But it was a good experience. The interviewer seemed happy with my answers.

HTH
Hi,

I'm Chandramouli.

GMAT- 720 (5)
UG - 84%
Experience - 4 years experience in IT industry( 5 years when i join next fall)
No coding involved at all.
2 years international experience in Africa in Middle East.
EC's - Very good.

Carroll had mailed me yesterday and asked me to schedule an interview. I could find a slot only on 17th december and i hv taken it. A telephonic though. But 1hr for an interview, tat too telephonic is too much

Can someone give some tips to ace the interview?

Regards,
Mouli

Hi Mouli,

Telephonic interview is pretty simple though. Just make sure that yu talk slowly and he understands what you are saying. We indians have this habit of talking very fast , so it becomes difficult for them to understand what you are actually saying. So even if you have a strong point to make, lack of clarity in speech often offsets those strong points.

Be honest, they are pros, so they can make out whether we are cooking up any stories.

I gave an interview for Simon yesterday and i am glad i was honest about my profile /weaknesses. The interviewer was very happy about it. He even pointed out how people cook up some damn stories to impress the interviewer.

Be yourself, project the best points from your profile.

stay calm. Have a bottle of water ready. You WILL need it. Make sure you are in a calm environment and there are no disturbances around.

Charge your cordless/mobile before the interview.

Simple things like these will help you a lot.

HTH,

ATB
Hi Guys,

Pls share ur profiles here especially those of you who are getting interview invites. That will benefit others who are planning to apply in R2

Thanks

GMAT - 770

UG-Pretty much average

Exp- 3 yrs in IT by the time i matriculate

profile - have had 3 promotions till date . Team lead with 10 developers under me.

TOEFL - 116

EC - Very good.

Guys, had one query....which one is better?

Boston UNiversity's Dual degree program (MS - Information Systems + MBA in Finance)
Boston College -Finance
Simon-Finance
Katz -Finance
TAMU -Finance

Can you guys please rank this?

Thanks,

Guys, had one query....which one is better?

Boston UNiversity's Dual degree program (MS - Information Systems + MBA in Finance)
Boston College -Finance
Simon-Finance
Katz -Finance
TAMU -Finance

Can you guys please rank this?

Thanks,

i think simon finance is too good
Hi Mouli,

Telephonic interview is pretty simple though. Just make sure that yu talk slowly and he understands what you are saying. We indians have this habit of talking very fast , so it becomes difficult for them to understand what you are actually saying. So even if you have a strong point to make, lack of clarity in speech often offsets those strong points.

Be honest, they are pros, so they can make out whether we are cooking up any stories.

I gave an interview for Simon yesterday and i am glad i was honest about my profile /weaknesses. The interviewer was very happy about it. He even pointed out how people cook up some damn stories to impress the interviewer.

Be yourself, project the best points from your profile.

stay calm. Have a bottle of water ready. You WILL need it. Make sure you are in a calm environment and there are no disturbances around.

Charge your cordless/mobile before the interview.

Simple things like these will help you a lot.

HTH,

ATB

Thanks KillGMAT..
Last nite had my interview with carroll. lasted abt 35 mins with a second year student called robert bradley and he was impressed with my answers..It was cool.But i guess i cud hv done a little better.
Similar questions dwelling more on my job, nigeria experiences, conflict and how i handled it, team work, how i will succeed in the academically rigorous carroll school and some more..

And got an admit from OSU Fisher sterday nite..
Not yet got the official mail or letter, but the app status site says that i hv been admitted and will be receiving a mail shortly on how to accept the offer..

All the best for everyone..
Thanks KillGMAT..
Last nite had my interview with carroll. lasted abt 35 mins with a second year student called robert bradley and he was impressed with my answers..It was cool.But i guess i cud hv done a little better.
Similar questions dwelling more on my job, nigeria experiences, conflict and how i handled it, team work, how i will succeed in the academically rigorous carroll school and some more..

And got an admit from OSU Fisher sterday nite..
Not yet got the official mail or letter, but the app status site says that i hv been admitted and will be receiving a mail shortly on how to accept the offer..

All the best for everyone..

Got an admit from carroll sterday
No schol or funding info..just a link to view my decision
Any other admits in this thread?