Booking slot for GMAT

This is my first post, please go easy on me! I’m new to GMAT and have learnt a lot by browsing this forum. One thing that isn’t clear is how do I book a slot for the GMAT exam. Can it only be done through mba.com website? On that site, I see…

This is my first post, please go easy on me!

I'm new to GMAT and have learnt a lot by browsing this forum. One thing that isn't clear is how do I book a slot for the GMAT exam. Can it only be done through mba.com website? On that site, I see there are only 2 test centers in Bangalore. I'm surprised there aren't more, so just wanted to check. Thanks!

Yes, it can only be done via the mba.com website.

As for number of centers, i think it varies from state to state.

The mba.com site says it takes up to 20 calendar days to get the official score report. Can anyone with experience confirm if this is the case or does it take longer? This will help me plan my test date accordingly, as I'm cutting it close to the last date for an MBA programme.

Also, how useful is the unofficial score report that gets displayed at the end of the test? Do we get a printout and do colleges accept that for the application process?

There is rarely ever any difference in the final score and the unofficial report that you get. You can use this to apply to b-schools, just be sure to let the school know. Usually it's not a problem.

The mba.com site says it takes up to 20 calendar days to get the official score report. Can anyone with experience confirm if this is the case or does it take longer? This will help me plan my test date accordingly, as I'm cutting it close to the last date for an MBA programme.

Also, how useful is the unofficial score report that gets displayed at the end of the test? Do we get a printout and do colleges accept that for the application process?

From all the people I have interacted with, everyone has gotten their official score report within 20 days. The people who complained that they hadn't received it, actually had it sitting in their SPAM folders. It takes "upto" 20 days. you can get it within a week also. So use 20 days for any schedule that you are building.

The only difference I have noticed is that the official score report has your AWA scores. Considering that someone has to read through your essays to give the score you can easily see where the "upto" 20 days comes from.