book on financial accounting

Does anyone know a good book to learn the basic and advanced concepts of financial accounting with respect to Indian standards? I think there are many non-commerce students like me doing their MBA who face a very tough time learning accounts. So i…

Does anyone know a good book to learn the basic and advanced concepts of financial accounting with respect to Indian standards? I think there are many non-commerce students like me doing their MBA who face a very tough time learning accounts. So it wud be a big help if someone cud suggest some good books for us non-commerce guys.

Thanks

Does anyone know a good book to learn the basic and advanced concepts of financial accounting with respect to Indian standards? I think there are many non-commerce students like me doing their MBA who face a very tough time learning accounts. So it wud be a big help if someone cud suggest some good books for us non-commerce guys.

Thanks

You could start with the NCERT's class 11th book of Accounts(there are 2 parts).
Even I'm from non-commerce background(Engineer) and was always clueless about this account thing.But then this NCERT book really helped me a lot.
Even I'm from non-commerce background(Engineer) and was always clueless about this account thing

Serves you idiots right.There are thousands who dont even bother to write the name of the subject correctly and btw there isnt any thing like 'account thing'.And many more people than you even disrespect it just because you have never ever studied it before.Its called 'Accountancy' which is broadly divided into 3 categories
1) Financial Accounting
2) Cost/Management Accounting
3) Financial Management

Seriously it shows how demotivated and unprofessional some people are in B schools. It is an important part of MBA and if you never have interest in it why are you doing an MBA , should have checked out the syllabus before doing this course. Age old saying of look before you leap , very very old but very very very apt for somebody like you