BITS MBA Exam

Hi friends I am sure some of you would have eyed upon joinin MBA in BITS-Pilani I dedicate this thread to discuss about the same. I am a student of MBA BITS-Pilani You need to take 2 test, a GD and an interview One test ll b like a mini …

Hi friends
I am sure some of you would have eyed upon joinin MBA in BITS-Pilani
I dedicate this thread to discuss about the same.
I am a student of MBA BITS-Pilani
You need to take 2 test, a GD and an interview
One test ll b like a mini CAT(equally tough)
Another will test your basics of BE or BTech which is the basic requirement for the programme ...
BITS offers specialization in ITenabled Services ( a treat for techies who wanna do MBA and stick to their field also) and Engineering Technology ( The next major demand for managers has arised in these fields)

Can you tell me when does BITS conducted those exam?

hi vigesh
the bits website offers all the info...
MBA Admissions
please do see it
The exam is expected to be on july25th and classes start by august 1st ... (this is because the summer hols thr is a bit different)

hows the placement scenario dude...apart from anc nd conot ne new eatery up in pilani...which hostel dude..

hi vigesh
the bits website offers all the info...
MBA Admissions
please do see it
The exam is expected to be on july25th and classes start by august 1st ... (this is because the summer hols thr is a bit different)

Thank you dude... Is tat BITSAT is online test??? where should i write that test?? I have only 69% in academic... will tat affect in the process of admission??
how abt the placement package dude???
pls reply me asap
thank you...

Hi,

Anybody has BIITS MBA previous year question paper or format ,any info regaurding the question paper patter n all , Plz do pass the information 😃

Could anyone let me know when is the test for MBA entrance conducted. and where can i find the syllabus.

hii,
Any seniors can u plz through some light on when is bits going to conduct this years entrance as on website it mentions announcement will be done after january but still no details are posted..
seniors plz come to rescue

hii,
Any seniors can u plz through some light on when is bits going to conduct this years entrance as on website it mentions announcement will be done after january but still no details are posted..
seniors plz come to rescue

MBA@BITS-PILANI: The program is offered in the field of IT Enabled Services and Engineering Technology, which by itself stands out of all other MBA degree. BITS offers these specialization owing to the strong need of technical knowledge for modern managers. A group of highly qualified core faculty, visiting faculty and practitioners imbue the students with contemporary knowledge base, business analysis and information based decision making skills thus spawning illustrious corporate executives, entrepreneurs and academicians world-over in its existence of over three decades. Selection is after an All India Entrance Test comprising of Technical Tests, an Aptitude Test, Group Discussions and a Personal Interview. The first batch of this program itself saw an enormous demand in the corporate world with the highest placement of 20 lakhs by an Australian consulting company.Apart from this guys got placed in companies like Perot systems ,JP Morgan chase,I Flex and Kinapse etc
Input & Selection Procedure
Eligibility The input for the programme has two basic entry points:
  1. The principal input are students possessing any Integrated first degree of BITS or BE/B.Tech in Engineering disciplines from other recognized universities.
  2. Existing students of BITS-Pilani could pursue the MBA programme through the dual-degree option where they would complete their undergraduate degree in Engineering coupled with the MBA programme in 5 years
Selection The 2008(passing out) batch candidates were short-listed based on their performance in their engineering degree, meeting the cut-off percentage of 70% for the MBA programme, this coupled with a Statement of Purpose and other documents ensure that the applicant gets shortlisted. On short listing, the applicant is invited to Pilani where they are subjected to a battery of tests that determine their suitability for the programme. The candidate is subjected to an Online Technical Test that test their understanding of the engineering concepts based on their specialization. On successful completion of the Technical Test they undergo a Management Aptitude Test, where the candidate's aptitude is tested. Based on the performance in the Technical Test and Management Aptitude Test, candidates are short listed for further selection process which includes a Group Discussion & a Personal Interview for admission to MBA. Final selection is based on candidate's scholastic record, relevant work experience & performance based on different parameters.
Look out for the ads in newspaper....

Hope this helps

Hi..I ve applied for BITS..got to kno fro the ad that the online test will be at different centers across the country..

1. can anybody throw some light on the pattern of the test???
  2. am a 2008 passout and hold an aggregate of 78% in my engineering(no backlogs in history)..do i stand a chance of making it there ti Pilani??
seniors..kindly help me out..

the test is objective based and you will be asked to chose from a pool of subjects and that depends upon your engineering discipline . In addition to that general aptitude will also be tested .Its easy to crack.No big deal just know your basics.

sure dude .. you stand a good chance ... I hope you have applied .. bcoz the last date for submission is 30th may if I m right ... Make sure you do well in the aptitude test coz other technical test are just to see your basic understanding ... Remember BITS aptitude is not like CAT or other xams coz it gives 60 minutes for just 48 qns unlike CAT and also allows calculators to be used in the xam hall ... so expect it to be in that standard ... It won't involve qns which can be done with calcs

All the very best ...

Hi,
I have completed MBA (ITes) in BITS-Pilani. Currently in Oracle Business Development team in bangalore. I have written http://www.bitsadmission.com/admn/br...HDbrochure.pdf

hey i need a clarification......as per the brochure we r supposed to appear for 3 test...

Test I:
Sections No of Questions
Core Mathematics 15
Core Physics 15
English Language Skills & Principles of Management 15
Computer Programming 15
Test II:
Compulsory for Students applying for all higher degree programs except those who are applying for only Software systems. The Test II subject for a student is based on his/her qualifying degree program. This paper will attempt to test student's grasp of the basic subjects of your discipline. The discipline courses of different degree program of BITS have been used for constructing the questions. The course descriptions are available in the syllabus given later in the brochure

Management Aptitude Test

now the queries are...
1. what will be the level of core physics, core maths and computer programing questions, as in engineering level or any other?

2. Is the test 2 compulsory for management applicants also?

please help....and for my acads...i have completed my engineering with 73% aggregate and has almost 18 months experience as an HR person in an it firm..

hey i need a clarification......as per the brochure we r supposed to appear for 3 test...

Test I:
Sections No of Questions
Core Mathematics 15
Core Physics 15
English Language Skills & Principles of Management 15
Computer Programming 15
Test II:
Compulsory for Students applying for all higher degree programs except those who are applying for only Software systems. The Test II subject for a student is based on his/her qualifying degree program. This paper will attempt to test students grasp of the basic subjects of your discipline. The discipline courses of different degree program of BITS have been used for constructing the questions. The course descriptions are available in the syllabus given later in the brochure

Management Aptitude Test

now the queries are...
1. what will be the level of core physics, core maths and computer programing questions, as in engineering level or any other?

2. Is the test 2 compulsory for management applicants also?

please help....and for my acads...i have completed my engineering with 73% aggregate and has almost 18 months experience as an HR person in an it firm..

1. Engineering level
2. yes, based on ur engineering you would be asked question. When our batched appeared we had a choice of selectin any 4 subject areas. Please check if the choice option is still present. However the test 2 ll question the basis of engineerin

All the best

Exam is on 12 and 13 th of this month.....

hi kulasekharan, hunterBITS,

i'm shrt listed for the GD/PI at bits. I think u are the valuable persons available on p'guy to guide us through this further process. We request you to analyse on each round in this final selection. Also, mention your prep strategies for each round as ur successful through that process previously..

Finally, we require info regarding the placements scenario after completion of this prog..
I heard from some people of 2nd batch that after 1st batch passed away with gud offers, the placements dropped severely for 2nd and 3rd batch. Was that true acc to ur knowledge..

Our batch had only GD/PI and interview but i guess there is another comprehension round added though not sure (plz refer the website/broucher for more info). GD is the most fun filled and equally testing round (atleast in our batch). Be aware of all the latest news and topics and make sure you know a few celebrities names to put across as examples n points where ever relevant. Read the newspaper!

Interview will be more targeted on why you want/opt to do an MBA? well for some this is the most difficult qn as the whole discussion will start based on ur answer. Be prepared to tell why BITS also just in case.

Placement as far as I know ( I m in touch with close to 10-12 juniors only) has been average in this economic slowdown ( To answer ur qn straight - YES there has been a drop). Though only a very few students got placed on campus due to the economic condition most others have got placed in practise school (6 months internship - part of curicullam) and also offcampus for people with experience. Ofcourse the average package has got a hit compared to our batch but all the students I know have got industry competitive package and most of all good profile which is the most imp in these times else u never know when u r goin to be sacked. Companies like Capgemini, Genpac, etc have taken thru Practise school n a few others thru off campus

3rd batch is yet to sit for placement n go for practise school as far as I know. U ll know the scenario once u join in the 1st and 2nd sem ... do let us know for the better.

I still believe that once the economic turn around happens every one ll b in a better position.